Why?

Anthony5

Why is it impossible to buy in Thailand an even half decent wooden broom handle? Or even a plastic one for that matter.

It can't be because they have a shortage of wood over here.

It can't be that they haven't figured out yet that the poor quality steel handles they use rust after 3 weeks and become unusable after 2 months.

I also don't think that steel, even poor quality, covered by a thin layer of plastic is cheaper than plastic or wood.

Even the large multi nationals like 3M use those cheap steel handles, where elsewhere in the world they will use plastic handles.

I thought to be lucky when I found some at Hardware house recently and bought 10 of them.That was 6 months ago, the last one just broke in two while cleaning the floor.

So please tell me why this country is so backwards when it comes to broom handles.

• Like 1

Anthony, you are not supposed to be fighting with the broom.........

It's just for sweeping the floor...........

But I like seen you are as domesticated as me.....we can always discuss dustpans, washing up sponges and all other household materials of great interest.

Most if not all of the brooms I have seen have been bamboo or plastic, the problem isn't with the handles but the fibres they use don't last

The plastic ones you have in mind aren't plastic, they are steel covered with plastic.

If only I could find a real plastic one, I would be happy already.

Any hardware store and buy pvc pipe and have a thread cut to match your mop head. Or pole vault poles see below.

Pvc pipe bends, even if you take the 13,5 Bar version. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

Never seen any pole vault poles, don't even know what they are, but for sure you can point to a place where can buy them in the pattaya area. They are not made of steel I assume.

Go to any lumberyard and buy a 250 mm dia. hardwood dowel.

Why are so many farang helpless?

Been to many lumberyards during my 20 years around here, but never noticed they had hardwood dowels from that size. I have seen the ones you can use for a shovel, but they are too thick to use for a floor sweeper.

I have to admit, I was once able to buy a decent wooden broom handle in a small hardware store in South Pattaya. That was almost 20 years ago and I still have that handle in use today.

Been to the store again numerous times in recent years, but they just don't have the handles anymore.

Any hardware store and buy pvc pipe and have a thread cut to match your mop head. Or pole vault poles see below.

Pvc pipe bends, even if you take the 13,5 Bar version. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

Never seen any pole vault poles, don't even know what they are, but for sure you can point to a place where can buy them in the pattaya area. They are not made of steel I assume.

Carbon fiber I think. Google pole vaulting. But you're nuts about the PVC. Strong as steel. If you have a problem fill it with sand and epoxy.

post-187908-0-16129700-1421133622_thumb.

Edited by thailiketoo

That's the broom I mean. The long bristles broom.

Anthony you're meant to clean with water after you sweep. Then you use a mop.

A mop? You mean spreading the dirt around?

This is what we use to clean the floor, preferably using a micro fiber cloth

b78136726f3f150b693f6aa9b6fd9bc1.551x623

Carbon fiber I think. Google pole vaulting. But you're nuts about the PVC. Strong as steel. If you have a problem fill it with sand and epoxy.

I must have missed your reference as where those pole vaults are available.

I told you to google it but since the PVC is so much cheaper why bother? But if you really need to be spoon fed here it is. http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Pole-Vault-Pole_50008043626.html

This is where you buy a broom here & this type of broom works wink.png

tpt-thailand-bangkok-broom-cart-2-2.jpg

I wonder why you don't see these brooms in the civilized world. You think they are not aware of their existence, or is it for another reason?

Now you're trolling and being offensive.

Good luck in your broom hunting champ

Edited by krisb

I told you to google it but since the PVC is so much cheaper why bother? But if you really need to be spoon fed here it is. http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Pole-Vault-Pole_50008043626.html

Thanks I wasn't aware that Alibaba lives around the corner. Do you think I need 100 piece 2 meter poles?

This is where you buy a broom here & this type of broom works wink.png

tpt-thailand-bangkok-broom-cart-2-2.jpg

I wonder why you don't see these brooms in the civilized world. You think they are not aware of their existence, or is it for another reason?

Now you're trolling and being offensive.

Good luck in your broom hunting champ

Please explain why I'm trolling and offensive.

You ever seen them in a civilized country? You think they are efficient for cleaning a house?

Sorry but I grew up in better hygienic standards.