Just bought some land in Hang Dong

Kunjay

The day comes to meet with the owner at the local amphur and complete the transfer,

Really, your local amphur must have other powers than the others in Thailand. Stop reading NOW and run to find and recover the money you just lost in a scam.

Edited by Anthony5

"Chanote in our name", I think not, land in Thai wife name.

Did you enjoy signing the document at the land office stating no money of yours was used in the land purchase, and the land is the personal property of your wife, not a marital asset? (This document is only required if a Thai is legally married to a foreigner)

Just wondering,

How much commission did your wife and her sister get?

PS

Airport runs 24/7 from August, enjoy your aircraft noise all night.

Could you be more miserable, negative and cynical? I could have predicted every word of this and added at least 3 or 4 names of regular posters here at the top of the post, you're so predictable.

If it was for the children, why not buy it in their name right from the start?

If the OP knows it's land given as a gift for his wife, why not say that in the OP?

Yep, those questions are also predictable.

I have absolutely no problem with a guy giving his wife 1.6M for a bit of land, but I just have a little problem with the guys that don't seem to quite know they have done that.

Even better, a post along the lines .......

"Hey I gave my misses, 1.6M today because I love her, no strings attached, guess what, she bought some land and gave me a lifetime right to live on it and use it"

Now a post like that I could really respect, respect both poster and wife, but you don't see that very often.

I wonder why?

PS

REALLY famous CM name (Brit), dumped this new year, taken for about 5M-10M, totally respectable and trustworthy misses, with her 8 years.

She already has a new guy moved in ......... you can't make this stuff up!

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

Did you enjoy signing the document at the land office stating no money of yours was used in the land purchase, and the land is the personal property of your wife, not a marital asset? (This document is only required if a Thai is legally married to a foreigner)

Just wondering,

PS

Could you be more miserable, negative and cynical? I could have predicted every word of this and added at least 3 or 4 names of regular posters here at the top of the post, you're so predictable.

If the OP knows it's land given as a gift for his wife, why not say that in the OP?

I have absolutely no problem with a guy giving his wife 1.6M for a bit of land, but I just have a little problem with the guys that don't seem to quite know they have done that.

"Hey I gave my misses, 1.6M today because I love her, no strings attached, guess what, she bought some land and gave me a lifetime right to live on it and use it"

Now a post like that I could really respect, respect both poster and wife, but you don't see that very often.

I wonder why?

I actually wonder how the local Amphur was able to do a land transfer .

Just wondering,

PS

I wonder why?

It's done every (week)day at every Amphur ('cept Holidays).....The Blue book stuff is at the Tesabon. Lots of people wearing suits, lots of bags of money, lots of well dressed lawyer chicks (at the Amphurs).

It's done every (week)day at every Amphur ('cept Holidays).....The Blue book stuff is at the Tesabon. Lots of people wearing suits, lots of bags of money, lots of well dressed lawyer chicks (at the Amphurs).

Strange, because here in Pattaya it's done at the land department. Completely different office from the Amphur.

Isn't there a land department in Chiang mai?

Enjoy your property. Nothing is more painful and difficult than owning and maintaing property. Good luck to the misery of the next 30 years of constant neighbor disputes. LOL

Are you building a house on it right away?

It is a nice feeling to have your own place for your family with a nice yard. Don't build a pool. Every foreigner from colder climates wants to build a pool. They are a constant chore to keep filtered, unless you swim every single day they just aren't worth it. Next time just have your father in law do the business by himself. Prices for dealing with mechanics and purchasing land, Male Thai best price, Thai female alone 20% more, Foreign male speaking in Thai for his family 30% more, Thai female speaking for a foreign male 40% more.

1.6 million for less than 1 rai seems expensive to me unless it is on the river or actually in the city central. About 10km outside of Hangdong there are plots of 1 rai for about 250k baht with chanote. I remember 3 years back there was a ton of land for sale for 10k baht a rai but it only had the SPK title.

People here like to piss on others pleasure, some is in good fun and others are just down right mean spirited.

Had something close to this too , jad to deal with a lady in Bangkok , we found the owner through the land office , nice lady helped us there , then tried to get 3 % from the seller , didnt work she got nothing . Then the fun started fimding a good builder , we were very lucky to find a qualoty builder .....

• Like 1

PS

REALLY famous CM name (Brit), dumped this new year, taken for about 5M-10M, totally respectable and trustworthy misses, with her 8 years.

Yeh, and that kind of thing never happens anywhere else, only in Thailand. Right arm, right arm.

Welcome to Hang Dong, forget about the airport, it is a non issue. For me a good place to live.

Especially as a small slice of Hang Dong district gets airplanes flying in to land. Also noting that landing is less noisy than taking off, and guess in which direction planes take off into more and more as flight traffic increases...

Right: just about everywhere EXCEPT Hang Dong. But especially Nimmanhaemin and Jed Yod.

post-64232-0-67994000-1421193223_thumb.j

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just wondering,

PS

I wonder why?

PS

It's still a nasty , insulting post that you made. Making unfounded assumptions like that about his wife is disgraceful. If you were anywhere near half decent you'd offer an apology, but you probably won't. People like you don't admit your mistakes, mostly because you don't see it. What a sad, miserable toad you are.

I know it cracked me up laughing AnotherOneAmerican's post, I'll still have him over for a beer and some of my wifes fantastic cooking, maybe then he'll see that lovely well educated and dedicated Thai housewives to do marry foreigners.

• Like 1