Just bought some land in Hang Dong

Kunjay

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Enjoy your property. Nothing is more painful and difficult than owning and maintaing property. Good luck to the misery of the next 30 years of constant neighbor disputes. LOL

Are you building a house on it right away?

It is a nice feeling to have your own place for your family with a nice yard. Don't build a pool. Every foreigner from colder climates wants to build a pool. They are a constant chore to keep filtered, unless you swim every single day they just aren't worth it. Next time just have your father in law do the business by himself. Prices for dealing with mechanics and purchasing land, Male Thai best price, Thai female alone 20% more, Foreign male speaking in Thai for his family 30% more, Thai female speaking for a foreign male 40% more.

1.6 million for less than 1 rai seems expensive to me unless it is on the river or actually in the city central. About 10km outside of Hangdong there are plots of 1 rai for about 250k baht with chanote. I remember 3 years back there was a ton of land for sale for 10k baht a rai but it only had the SPK title.

People here like to piss on others pleasure, some is in good fun and others are just down right mean spirited.

Zeichen no pool for me, I'm probably younger than most who post on here but give me my hilux 4x4 and a small pot of land out of town and im happy! Wont be building until maybe later in the year.As we're in KK we're fortunate enough to have my wifes family oversee the project as they have built their own 2 small hotels and have a grip on the industry in chiang Mai, like i stated in my initial post having my wife's older sister high up in the government helps too.

We spent a lot of time talking with many people regarding land in Chiang Mai and feel very comfortable with the price we paid, at no time were we presented with anything near 250k a rai although 10km out of Hang Dong who knows? too far for me, were exactly 15km out of Chiang Mai city. With a functioning well and power combined with a fenced and gated off flat land ready to build which will hopefully save us headaches and cash.

SIMPLE LIFE HAPPY LIFE.

Enjoy.

You mean to say your happy with and hope to enjoy your wife's property. I'll wait a few years for the sequel to this story when you explain to us how she walked away with everything after you ran out of money just as you finished construction on the house. 555

• Like 2

is this a troll story ?

how can the land be done in the local amphur, that is only at the land department and more fees for transfer have to be paid ...

maybe the happy OP got nothing else than a lose lease contract

or just a troll story

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

what size is the land? get an updated survey from the land office those cement post on the four corners of your land

Dont worry we were diligent Bob, we had a private surveyor come out and survey the land size before purchase! 3 ngang

You are correct. Sadly most here don,t get it . The majority are suckers lose everything and they most likely met their lovely in a bar.

You mean to say your happy with and hope to enjoy your wife's property. I'll wait a few years for the sequel to this story when you explain to us how she walked away with everything after you ran out of money just as you finished construction on the house. 555

That was painful.

"...the Shanot (land ownership papers) in our name..." I think not. You have Zero interest in the property. If you believe otherwise, you've been had.

What do you mean its not in my name? I signed the papers!

haha of course i know its in the mrs name i really couldnt give a sh%t it will go to the kids when we kick the bucket, 1.6 M pffft

Fresh water running around the property, views of Doi Sutep, no mubans near, hydro farms all around and wildlife everywhere and not far from the Hwy but still far enough.

When i eventually build and move there I'll look forward to meeting and hanging with cool farang on my balcony as the sun goes down, I'll even invite old cranky world haters over for a beer!

It's not "if" she'll kick you out, it's "when".

Your wife must be extremely happy with your purchase

I know my Thai wife was when I purchased some land in Thailand

She was even more happy when I built her a new house in Nong Kwai

As long as you can comfortably right off your purchases

If or when it goes tits up

Enjoy the ride

Cracking deal

Edited by Pheat123

Congrats kunjay....and welcome to Thaivisa---where everyday is Christmas Day,

and the contributors wake up laughing and singing to greet the new day..........wub.png

---------------

The pessimist sees only the dark in the tunnel.

The optimist sees the light at the end of the tunnel.

The realist sees a train coming in the tunnel.

The train driver sees three complete idiots sitting on the railway line.

• Like 2

I actually wonder how the local Amphur was able to do a land transfer .

It's done every (week)day at every Amphur ('cept Holidays).....The Blue book stuff is at the Tesabon. Lots of people wearing suits, lots of bags of money, lots of well dressed lawyer chicks (at the Amphurs).

Strange, because here in Pattaya it's done at the land department. Completely different office from the Amphur.

Isn't there a land department in Chiang mai?

Land department at Hang Dong district, as per the original post.

It is right next to the Hang Dong district office.

Clearly this is a hugely important distinction to make on this forum, on which side of the parking lot he walked in to transfer a bit of land.

Pedantry on this forum truly has no limits. Well done.

Must be that different members get a different original post on their screens, because the original post I see reads as follows.

The day comes to meet with the owner at the local amphur and complete the transfer, shes their with the neighbor who eagerly anticipated his 50,000baht finders fee (not sure how we found that out but we did).

Also at the Amphur was an elderly male who we believed was the owners husband as his photos were on all the documents.

Is everyone on this forum obligated to know that the land department is next door? Even then, local amphur and land department are two completely separate government agencies.

Now let me be a bit more pedantic as you like to call it. I have done quite a few land transfers in Thailand, and I have never ever seen a photo detached to any document on the land department.

So I call troll and a wind up on this from the OP, since too many things are wrong in that original post.

I had to submit three photos to get the Blue Book for my condo, and I am a farang. Procedures aren't exactly identical at every land office, which they generally call the "Amphur."

A land office is not generally called Amphur.

Amphur is the district office. District office doesn't get involved in land transfers

Blue book get's issued by the district office, not the land office.

Title deed has nothing to do with blue book. Blue book is issued for the building on the land e.g your address registration.

Get your facts correct if you want to discuss, don't make up things to make your boat float.

I build a bungalow on the land of my mother in law. I wanted to buy the land of her but she said why would you, the land will go one day any way to my wife.

To the OP, just go for it. 1.6mil isn't that much of money and I guess you are still working and you have done your homework before.

• Like 1

"sister high up in the government helps too."

Really, don't brag that your wife's sister is a security at a local amphur. No one gives a crap.

If she isn't mayor or governor, which she isn't, then she isn't high up anything.

I hate braggards, especially when it has nothing to do with anything. Unless you are admitting on a public forum that your in law is corrupt and uses her power to get her family advantage.

Besides that bosting on your part how succesful a wife you have, the story is great. Just because there are morons on here that tear you down, you don't need to inflate your ego or situation by boasting.

Why do guys need to give their wive's resume to justify the validity of their relationship?

• Like 2

Hope this helps clear any confusion (or maybe make it worse)

An amphoe (sometimes also amphur, Thai: อำเภอ, is the second level administrative subdivision of Thailand. Usually translated as district, amphoe make up the provinces, and are analogous to a county. The chief district officer is the Nai Amphoe (นายอำเภอ). Amphoe are further subdivided into tambon.

District office

The administration of the district is housed in an office building called Thi wa kan Amphoe (ที่ว่าการอำเภอ), which also marks the center of each district. Distances on road signs are always calculated to this office building. The office is usually located in the largest settlement of the district, to make it easily reachable for the majority of the population – one of the tasks of the Amphoe is the civil registry, which makes the district the most important of the administrative levels for the general Thai people.

• Like 2

"sister high up in the government helps too."

Really, don't brag that your wife's sister is a security at a local amphur. No one gives a crap.

If she isn't mayor or governor, which she isn't, then she isn't high up anything.

I hate braggards, especially when it has nothing to do with anything. Unless you are admitting on a public forum that your in law is corrupt and uses her power to get her family advantage.

Besides that bosting on your part how succesful a wife you have, the story is great. Just because there are morons on here that tear you down, you don't need to inflate your ego or situation by boasting.

Why do guys need to give their wive's resume to justify the validity of their relationship?

Hey Zeichen, your a legend!

Edited by Kunjay

I paid for land and house some years ago. I am not married legally to a Thai. My name is listed on the Chanote by lease.

I also paid for land and my name is not on the chanote.

I sigbed a mortgage for house and land in the US. My bame is not on the Land Title Deed.

The OP seems to know what was done and it is quite normal in Thailand.

Paying for land seems to be just another topic for posters to try and show how smart they are. My guess is the OP knows which posters are not as smart as they think they are.

To the OP, good luck and enjoy.t

Edited by hml367
  • Like 2