Painting Tuition Business Chiang Mai

Hi, I currently run painting holidays based in the UK I am looking to spread my wings a bit, and offer painting holiday packages to Thailand. I am sure this is going to be a problem with all the red tape regarding what sort of business foreigners are allowed to operate, but i would be greatful for any feedback to weather anyone thinks it might be a starter.

my ideas are to.....

1 Bring people from the UK for a 2 centre style holiday a week painting, and a week in a hotel

2 Offer daily instruction and trips out to villages etc, for anyone that wishes it

Any thoughts and ideas on how to proceed much appreciated.

Patrick

Edited by burntumber

Hi, I currently run painting holidays based in the UK I am looking to spread my wings a bit, and offer painting holiday packages to Thailand. I am sure this is going to be a problem with all the red tape regarding what sort of business foreigners are allowed to operate, but i would be greatful for any feedback to weather anyone thinks it might be a starter.

my ideas are to.....

1 Bring people from the UK for a 2 centre style holiday a week painting, and a week in a hotel

2 Offer daily instruction and trips out to villages etc, for anyone that wishes it

Any thoughts and ideas on how to proceed much appreciated.

Patrick

Talk to Sunbelt Asia and stop giving away your ideas! That would be the best start...

I'd have thought France or Italy would have been a more marketable destination, something you should be able to determine by canvassing your current clients (no pun intended).

I'm a keen water colourist myself :o

Will you, the Farang being the painting "teacher" or will you hire a Thai?

Yes, i was planning on doing the instruction myself as watercolour painting is quite hard to grasp and clear instruction is very important

I'd have thought France or Italy would have been a more marketable destination, something you should be able to determine by canvassing your current clients (no pun intended).

I'm a keen water colourist myself :o

Can't afford Italy or France, anyway I really like Thailand.. not only the culture, but the landscape which I think is really suited to the beginner or intermidate painter.

Thanks for all replys!

Edited by burntumber