land for building house. Geological survey?

Awk

Agree.. We found our plot chatting with the noodle shop woman.. It helps big time if your wife is easily social and speaks northern / lanna Thai IMO.. Those 'jaos' are worth a big price difference..

My views evolved, when I first looked I thought NP too far out.. I wanted inside the samoeng rd.. But we got 5 rai for about the price of a single rai in that zone.. As I realized how much more I could get for the money, and realized once actually out on canal rd past the lights that extra 5 kms is just a few minutes travel time, I came around to it more.. Now I feel everything closer to town too densely built up.. I hope it doesnt change too much too fast out there.

Agree.. We found our plot chatting with the noodle shop woman.. It helps big time if your wife is easily social and speaks northern / lanna Thai IMO.. Those 'jaos' are worth a big price difference..

LOL, us too. Exactly the same. Noodle ladies and hair dressers over real estate agents anytime. wink.png

This could actually be a thing in Thailand.. Like when looking for honest advice on anything, you visit a place in a completely different line of business.

Before Facebook, we found the best restaurants and pubs by walking into a phone or computer shop and asking for a recommendation.

My views evolved, when I first looked I thought NP too far out.. I wanted inside the samoeng rd.. But we got 5 rai for about the price of a single rai in that zone.. As I realized how much more I could get for the money, and realized once actually out on canal rd past the lights that extra 5 kms is just a few minutes travel time, I came around to it more.

Yup. We're even further out, though it's not our main residence. (About 25km to the Airport Plaza Intersection) Another thing is that it really feels like a different world there. Different from the typical suburban area surrounding Chiang Mai.

We did look at Nam Phrae but we really wanted cheap. Beautiful area though, and access to the Ob Khan area is a bonus. Few people even know about it.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Anywhere which you think good for you . However, Important thing is infrastructure. Many people have to pay more for bring them in , for example ...To expand 3 phase electric and have to bring high voltage electric power in to your land...How far is it?How much to pay for electric office?...... To check for water from public, Some people have to drill for water...Sorry ,my English id not well , but try to explain for many people forget to thinking for hidden cost to pay more infrastructure.