Students arrested for 'bombing' public bus in Bangkok

webfact

It would seem no poster so far has bothered to read the full story.

These so called students are all above school age with 2 being 20 one 19 and the other 18.

If they are still going to school they must be particularly useless students as they should be out in the work force at that age.

I suspect that the explosives charge is only a holding charge and there will be more to come.

They should today be having a nice little chat to the police who will be wanting to ask them who their friends were, where they got their explosive from and have a look to see if they have any previous.

hey are college students and that is the right age for them. They are not school kids like you are thinking. and they are not adults either.

Correct and they will be considered as children - no responsibility.

A Bangkok evidence policeman who was part of the team investigating the murder of my 19 year old step son last year told me that everyone knows that to become a full gang member at their Poly, murder and maiming is required.

The older students who already did that, perpetuate the ritual and no one cares to do anything about it.

Case closed.

Remember about 3 years ago when a nurse on her way to work was murdered by one gang shooting into a public bus.

I never saw any follow-up, probably because there was none.

Only children at play.....

At the apartment block we stayed in during the funeral, we met a lady who worked there. Her son had been murdered the year before.

The locals call it killing, not murder.......

They make excuses for it.

They allow it.

No amount of whinging on forums like this will make the slightest difference.

Life is cheap here Full Stop!

Oh but it could easily be changed.

Ban the gangs.

Exclude all students for life who have been involved in violent attacks against other students.

Just start there, more options, just ask .....

We TVFers can help no end!

so that means many ppl have been murdered?

• Like 1

In Germany we having Youth Criminal Law.

Age of responsibility: 14 to 17 sometimes to 20 years of age.

Sentences: 6 month to 5 years. for special cases like killings up to 10 or 15 years.

Simple said: for this bombing cases depending on of the kind of insuries and their formers criminal reports 3 to 5 years prison.

Murder case: age 14 to 17 = 10 years prison.

Murder case: age over 18 years = 15 years prison.

But depending on the circumstances of your behavior etc. in prison you can be released after 2/3 of the sentence you got.

• Like 1

Please put these "students" to death. Perhaps hang them off the MBK walk way for the public's entertainment.

Sure lets cut off their genitals and burn them in front of their dying faces too. Just for fun

Or maybe pull back for a second and wait for the investigation to pan out.

It wouldn't be the first time that injustice has been witnessed in the kingdom

It would seem no poster so far has bothered to read the full story.

These so called students are all above school age with 2 being 20 one 19 and the other 18.

If they are still going to school they must be particularly useless students as they should be out in the work force at that age.

I suspect that the explosives charge is only a holding charge and there will be more to come.

They should today be having a nice little chat to the police who will be wanting to ask them who their friends were, where they got their explosive from and have a look to see if they have any previous.

hey are college students and that is the right age for them. They are not school kids like you are thinking. and they are not adults either.

Correct and they will be considered as children - no responsibility.

A Bangkok evidence policeman who was part of the team investigating the murder of my 19 year old step son last year told me that everyone knows that to become a full gang member at their Poly, murder and maiming is required.

The older students who already did that, perpetuate the ritual and no one cares to do anything about it.

Case closed.

Remember about 3 years ago when a nurse on her way to work was murdered by one gang shooting into a public bus.

I never saw any follow-up, probably because there was none.

Only children at play.....

At the apartment block we stayed in during the funeral, we met a lady who worked there. Her son had been murdered the year before.

The locals call it killing, not murder.......

They make excuses for it.

They allow it.

No amount of whinging on forums like this will make the slightest difference.

Life is cheap here Full Stop!

Oh but it could easily be changed.

Ban the gangs.

Exclude all students for life who have been involved in violent attacks against other students.

Just start there, more options, just ask .....

We TVFers can help no end!

so that means many ppl have been murdered?

Indeed, it happens so frequently that it often does not get reported.

Talk to Older Thais in somewhere like BKK.

If they see a group of young students on the street, they get scared and flee the area.

They do not want to become colateral damage.....

On the very same day Prayut launches his "Discover Thainess" campaign!!

Say no more.............................coffee1.gif

Well, obviously this has nothing to do with Thainess, more with everyday reports of shootings and bombings in the international news reports. These kids have no idea about traditional Thai values and respect. These are problems of 21th century Thailand.

On the very same day Prayut launches his "Discover Thainess" campaign!!

Say no more.............................coffee1.gif

Well, obviously this has nothing to do with Thainess, more with everyday reports of shootings and bombings in the international news reports. These kids have no idea about traditional Thai values and respect. These are problems of 21th century Thailand.

This is all over the world more or less the same the youngsters having no traditional values or morals.

I don't want to spoil; anyones fun, but don't you think that before we start putting these students to death, or inserting the bombs where the sun don't shine, that it might be a worthwhile exercise to allow them a fair trial.

They ARE innocent until found otherwise..

A fair trial and a fitting punishment if found guilty, in Thailand. Good luck with that one!

Take a deep breath boys a bit of over reaction here I think.

Yes sir, I will take a "Deep Breath" just as long as you readily accept should you unfortunately be admitted to hospital or worse, the other institution where nobody see's the light of day after admission, if you were a victim.

• Like 1

Maybe the term 'bombling' is being misused here a little. Are these really 'bombs', or the equvialent of fireworks?

When we were teenagers, we used to throw snowballs at cars. it wasn't smart, we just weren't adult enough to think through the possible consequences.

People here are literally shouting for the death penalty - 'hang them from MBK!' I think went one comment. Christ man...thank goodness you have no authority anywhere.

"Ping pong" bombs are used to scare birds from fields, they are ubiquitous; large firework describes them best.

However, once nails are wrapped around one and thrown into a bus it becomes a weapon, it was obviously meant to cause grievous injuries on the passengers, a few years in prison should be the minimum they should get.

"Can we please spill more blood" in word or deed is what I read. Red is the first color our eyes perceive.

I know what you are referring to, I always think how hypocritical and short sighted that sort of reactions are: "Yeah, let's teach them that bloodshed is not the way to settle scores by hanging/mutilating/executing them in the most cruel and unusual way we can conceive!"