My new Saltwater pool in Surin

Khutan

So I have got my 10 meter semi in ground pool installed and the Salt water Chlorinator is working fine. There was not too many arguments with my wife.

I decided to set it semi-inground, so there is nearly another meter of pool underground.

1622490_10205427734190397_46626992256954

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you been doing dive bombs in there mate?

rolleyes.gif

The water level looks a tad shy of the skimmer box...

If you look carefully, the water level is above the base of the skimmer - there's a reflection in the water that makes it hard to see though ;)

Its 5 hours a day for the pump - 2 1/2 hours in the morning and the same in the afternoon. The skimmer box is deep not wide.

"not wide" is what makes your skimmer inefficient, depth is irrelevant. a pool of this size would need half a dozen of these skimmer toys for efficient surface skimming.

my conservative estimate is that it takes 1,783 pumping hours

to skim off a bug or a fallen leaf. no offence meant! smile.png

All that depends on how many return channels you have and how precise they are directed. I guess any leaf at one end of my pool will end up in the skimmer at the other end in less than 30 minutes maximum.

• 6 months later...

Good work - I've heard of a semi-erection, but never a semi- underground swimming pool. Normally you're either pregnant or you're not.

It's better than reading " My new Girlfriend in Surin" though..

I'd probably reply to that toobeatdeadhorse.gif

Best

HI, any info on where you got the pool from?

I am the importer and distributor for South East Asia. Send me a PM if you would like to know more.

So that was a disguised advertisement then,coffee1.gif

No, not really an advertisement. Just showing off my pool :-)

HI, any info on where you got the pool from?

I am the importer and distributor for South East Asia. Send me a PM if you would like to know more.

So that was a disguised advertisement then,coffee1.gif

From my experience, every other pool owner in TH either becomes an importer/distributor or a commission-for-leads rep ;)

Great for laps: Kick off the end 4 strokes turn; kick off the end 4 strokes turn; Kick off the end ... etc.

I don't know about that... my pool is 1.45M deep, and I guess the OP's isn't much different, and for me, that's just not enough water to execute a turn comfortably (pure psychological, rather than physical, barrier). If you want a pool for exercise, that can double up as "something not too deep for those of less ability", I'd recommend a swim jet.

Pre-empting the next reply, no, I'm definitely not an olympic swimmer tongue.png

I don't do flip turns -- 1500 meters several times per week in 30 meter length salt water pool. BTW Endless Pool pumps cannot be used in salt water system pools.

endlesspools-big.jpg

There are certainly Swim jets (or whatever you want to call them) that can be used in salt water pools.

Thanks -- if I ever get around to buying one of those $US10-20,000 units, I will certainly check it out.

Err, nothing like that kind of money.

The Original Endless Pool Standard System starts at $22,900 and includes an 8'x15' free-standing pool (7' x 14' x 39" swim area), 5 hp swim current generator with anti-slip water return channels (sapphire or platinum), water quality system (cartridge filter, copper/silver poolside purifier, electric heater, push-button controller and circulating pump), floating thermal cover, dark blue liner, and aqua-aerobics exercise bar.

http://www.endlesspools.com/endless-pool-pricing.php?form=28052

i think the whole setup looks way too ghetto.

it is simply a place to get wet, i certainly wouldn't want to spend any time sitting around it.

i use the pool daily to relax, cool down, read, get some sun, have a few beers with friends etc.

i would have no desire to spend anytime hanging around that unless it were stinking hot and i were trapped there.

Archived