TAT tells businesses to focus on quality, not worry about Russian decline

Rimmer

And those who quote information they have heard from someone else appear to be fools. Whats your point?blink.png

Yes i am sure you live in Thailand and speak Thai, try a different tune for a change, this one is getting old and tiredrolleyes.gif

Is people saying "why don't you visit Thailand first" to people that live in Thailand old and tired? Or is that new? Just wondering why so many people are responding that they actually live in Thailand.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Who needs the Russians in Thailand anyway. Once upon a time the world talked about the "Ugly American" tourists. It didn't matter where they travelled they managed to upset everyone with their overly loud, superiority complex behaviour.

Well let me tell you from my experience with Russian tourists in Australia and especially Thailand they are arrogant, selfish egotistical people. At least the yanks and tourists of other nationalities attempt to use basic tourist Thai, but I have yet to hear a single Russian tourist ever attempt to speak even basic tourist Thai. They go into shops and speak Russian and get upset when the Thai shop owner cannot understand them. At least use the basics like Sawasdee ka/krup or khop kun ka/krup. They refuse to join in festivals like Songkran, and get violent when they have water put on them or even the wet powder put on their face. Last year in Pattaya I witnessed an 18 year old Russian girl assault a young Thai girl who was about 12 years of age because she wet her with a water pistol. Her father then came and slapped the young girl across the face. Needless to say other Russians came and also attempted to assault the young girl, but fortunately there were more tourists of other nationalities and Thais who came to the young girls aid. The police took the Russians away, but I'm sure they would have only been given a slap on the wrist and a minimal fine. This was just 1 of many similar incidents I have witnessed by Russian tourists. Thailand is better off without them. They have ruined both Pattaya and Jomtien for everybody else. Crime rates have increased in both these areas due to the Russian mafia gradually worming their way into Thailand, the same as they have done world wide. If the Ruble is so low and Russians can longer afford to travel, that's a good thing. Keep the Russians out of Thailand until they are prepared to at the very least make an effort to be sociable, accept that things are done very differently in Thailand and use basic tourist Thai with the locals. Until then, they should not be allowed in the country.

Surely you are talking about the "Ugly Australian " tourists. It doesn't matter where they travel they manage to upset everyone with their overly loud, superiority complex and drunken behavior. Australian men for the most part are arrogant, selfish egotistical people that can not hold their beer. Best thing to happen is their make believe dollar is going down the tank so we see less of them. An Australian lady once told me that the foulest mouthed animal in the world is the Australian male.clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

I beg to differ. I am a seppo (Yank) and find among all nations, I would rank Australians and Canadians as most pleasant and enjoyable to be with. I have several Australian friends I see every day. They can hold their beer and do start early (I don't drink, but no worries). They are not loud, do not put on airs, and their drunken behavior far preferable to certain Europeans I care to not mention.

Yes they do swear a lot. One loaned me Australian slang dictionary, but told me I'd never pass because I don't use certain expletives often enough. Usually those are done with a certain level of friendliness, perhaps that part was missed.

Russians as a group I could certainly do without. Too many arrogant incidents to cite. Will not hold an elevator for their grandmother. Use checkout post at 7/11 like their own shopping basket. Australians I would enjoy seeing more of, however.

• Like 2

When you, ( TAT ), can't get even Russians to visit a male Disneyland like Pattaya, loaded with ready/available/affordable women. booze, lax law enforcement, then you, TAT, should just quit !

Another typical Pattaya bashing post.

It may be a surprise that most of us that live in Pattaya or Jomtien don't venture down walking street or other dubious sois .

We had a family here for Christmas and New Year, they had a brilliant time taking in all the family friendly stuff- water park, go - karting, Non Nooch , elephant rides , private snorkeling trip etc etc

Restaurants were very friendly with the two young boys- new year on the beach was magical.

We have our own pool which helped- as must admit would not reccomend swimming in the sea

This place can be fun- not everyone considers how often they can undo their flies.

Quality Tourists and Pattaya , should not be mentioned in the same sentence...

Try staying at the Dusit, Hilton, Royal Cliff, Sheraton etc. Even if not 'quality' one needs money.

Now say the Billabong on LK Metro you may have a point.

The first thing one does in developing a marketing strategy is to ask yourself "What do my customers want?". So ask yourself "Why do tourist come to Pattaya? What do they want? What are they seeking?" Once you have answered those questions (and the answers should be obvious for a town with Pattaya's reputation), then feed that demand with high quality and high quantity at a reasonable price. If necessary, the local government could step in with subsidies (or perhaps offer free samples).

Yeah, that would be nice

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Who needs the Russians in Thailand anyway. Once upon a time the world talked about the "Ugly American" tourists. It didn't matter where they travelled they managed to upset everyone with their overly loud, superiority complex behaviour.

Well let me tell you from my experience with Russian tourists in Australia and especially Thailand they are arrogant, selfish egotistical people. At least the yanks and tourists of other nationalities attempt to use basic tourist Thai, but I have yet to hear a single Russian tourist ever attempt to speak even basic tourist Thai. They go into shops and speak Russian and get upset when the Thai shop owner cannot understand them. At least use the basics like Sawasdee ka/krup or khop kun ka/krup. They refuse to join in festivals like Songkran, and get violent when they have water put on them or even the wet powder put on their face. Last year in Pattaya I witnessed an 18 year old Russian girl assault a young Thai girl who was about 12 years of age because she wet her with a water pistol. Her father then came and slapped the young girl across the face. Needless to say other Russians came and also attempted to assault the young girl, but fortunately there were more tourists of other nationalities and Thais who came to the young girls aid. The police took the Russians away, but I'm sure they would have only been given a slap on the wrist and a minimal fine. This was just 1 of many similar incidents I have witnessed by Russian tourists. Thailand is better off without them. They have ruined both Pattaya and Jomtien for everybody else. Crime rates have increased in both these areas due to the Russian mafia gradually worming their way into Thailand, the same as they have done world wide. If the Ruble is so low and Russians can longer afford to travel, that's a good thing. Keep the Russians out of Thailand until they are prepared to at the very least make an effort to be sociable, accept that things are done very differently in Thailand and use basic tourist Thai with the locals. Until then, they should not be allowed in the country.

Surely you are talking about the "Ugly Australian " tourists. It doesn't matter where they travel they manage to upset everyone with their overly loud, superiority complex and drunken behavior. Australian men for the most part are arrogant, selfish egotistical people that can not hold their beer. Best thing to happen is their make believe dollar is going down the tank so we see less of them. An Australian lady once told me that the foulest mouthed animal in the world is the Australian male. alt=clap2.gif> alt=clap2.gif> alt=clap2.gif> alt=clap2.gif>

I've met many Australian women, in fact I married two of them (no, not at the same time!)

However, I have yet to meet an Australian lady.....seems like an oxymoron to me.

You are right. Australian and lady do not fit in the same sentence. I also made a giant mistake and married one and it took forever to get rid of her. She has steadfastly refused to go back to Australia because she cannot stand Australian men and their foul mouths.

Edited by Jimbolai

Surely you are talking about the "Ugly Australian " tourists. It doesn't matter where they travel they manage to upset everyone with their overly loud, superiority complex and drunken behavior. Australian men for the most part are arrogant, selfish egotistical people that can not hold their beer. Best thing to happen is their make believe dollar is going down the tank so we see less of them. An Australian lady once told me that the foulest mouthed animal in the world is the Australian male. alt=clap2.gif> alt=clap2.gif> alt=clap2.gif> alt=clap2.gif>

I've met many Australian women, in fact I married two of them (no, not at the same time!)

However, I have yet to meet an Australian lady.....seems like an oxymoron to me.

You are right. Australian and lady do not fit in the same sentence. I also made a giant mistake and married one and it took forever to get rid of her. She has steadfastly refused to go back to Australia because she cannot stand Australian men and their foul mouths.

An English gentleman summed it up. The Australians are a well balanced lot. They have a chip on each shoulder. He had left England when they made homosexuality legal. He fled before they make it compulsory.wub.png

Off topic posts all about sentence construction, the improper use of prepositions removed

3. If possible please proofread your post first, poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand. However be aware that not every member is a native english speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.

• Like 2

"The impact on Pattaya has been profound."

It most certainly has and not only due to the missing Russians.

I live far enough from Pattaya to be outside it's influence but close enough to shop there and go to the beach.

Things I've noticed:

Many unmanned checkouts at all 3 Big C supermarkets

Ancillary shops at Big C second road closed and boarded

No traffic snarl ups on Beach Road

Plenty of spaces in car parks

Bars which would normally be busy in the daytime are quiet

Plenty of empty chairs on the beach

Central Festival abnormally quiet (even food park quieter than normal)

Food Park at Big C Extra quite busy at times but customers are nearly all Thai people

Who are the businesses supposed to focus there quality on?

A poor quality of service is usually provided to a poor quality customer, who wont care less its just a bed to crash out for the night.

Please re read this when you sober up, for no one could possibly type something this naive and actually mean it.
Ohh mighty one , do tell what was naive about his post?

Or are you one of those quality people who seeks the cheapest but expects the best ?

Books into cheapest room in 2 star hotel but demands 5 star service and experience?

Because of being able to read English and do math.

If a customer receives service to which he is indifferent...it is not poor service.

Any buyer who receives service which they deem "poor" is, by definition, not satisfied.

This is an idiotic conversation, so I leave it in your capable hands.

"The impact on Pattaya has been profound."

It most certainly has and not only due to the missing Russians.

I live far enough from Pattaya to be outside it's influence but close enough to shop there and go to the beach.

Things I've noticed:

Many unmanned checkouts at all 3 Big C supermarkets

Ancillary shops at Big C second road closed and boarded

No traffic snarl ups on Beach Road

Plenty of spaces in car parks

Bars which would normally be busy in the daytime are quiet

Plenty of empty chairs on the beach

Central Festival abnormally quiet (even food park quieter than normal)

Food Park at Big C Extra quite busy at times but customers are nearly all Thai people

Who are the businesses supposed to focus there quality on?

On all these additional Westerners that come to Thailand now to fill up the vacuum that the leaving Russians left.

TAT is flat out encouraging package tour busloads of Chinese & other Asian countries just to put bums in the beds so they can say, "look how many people visited" These people spend next to nothing,(I see some even are allowed to bring their own food from home) many are downright rude, uneducated & even little is gained by their travel here as is organized by offshore travel agents.

If TAT is genuinely interested in attracting the "right kind" they need to start heeding their own advice.

U cannot always have the chicken & the egg.

Would'nt hurt to put the house in order first though