Winter exacerbates in Thailand's northern region

webfact

Winter exacerbates in northern region

PNPOL580115001001203_16012015_012529.jpg

BANGKOK, 16 January 2015 (NNT)-The Meteorological Department has advised people to keep warm as the weather will remain cold for many days.

In Yasothon, 500 blankets have been distributed to the residents affected by the icy weather. The 16th Infantry Division of the Royal Thai Army will deliver more blankets to people in the surrounding areas particularly the elderly and poor families.

Many people living along the Thai-Cambodian border in Surin province have suffered from respiratory illnesses as the temperature declined. 200 blankets were given to many poor families.

The entire area of Sakon Nakhon province has to be declared a disaster zone. More than 250,000 people have endured the cold without blankets and many are forced to sit around a camp fire.

In the northern province of Phetchabun, three people died from hypothermia. The high pressure system from China is extending across the upper part of the country and will bring the temperature down further.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-01-16 footer_n.gif

"The Meteorological Department has advised people to keep warm as the weather will remain cold for many days."

People who are too dumb to know by themselves to keep warm during cold weather, deserve to be selected out of the gene pool.

" 200 blankets were given to many poor families."

Too poor to buy warm clothing and blankets, but not too poor to buy fancy cell phones, cigarettes and Lao Cao.

"The Meteorological Department has advised people to keep warm as the weather will remain cold for many days."

People who are too dumb to know by themselves to keep warm during cold weather, deserve to be selected out of the gene pool."

Ignorant, insensitive remark.

Too poor to buy warm clothing and blankets, but not too poor to buy fancy cell phones, cigarettes and Lao Cao."

You know that? Are you sure?

• Like 1

Exacerbates what?..........I just got back from England where it was minus 7. Yesterday plus 20 in Udon. What do they do with the blankets

they are given year on year?

"Exacerbates what?.."

It means gets worse, ie "Winter gets worse in Thailands northern region"

A few hundred blankets doesn't go far, even year on year, and at this time of year you would expect England to be cold wouldn't you?

I'd bet it wasn't 20+ at night in Udon, unless Udon has the magical property of retaining the same highest daytime temperature after sunset.

Exacerbates what?..........I just got back from England where it was minus 7. Yesterday plus 20 in Udon. What do they do with the blankets

Quite right, the word exacerbate should be used with an object. But I don't think grammar police are usually welcome on TV.

• Like 2

People who are too dumb to know by themselves to keep warm during cold weather, deserve to be selected out of the gene pool.

Too poor to buy warm clothing and blankets, but not too poor to buy fancy cell phones, cigarettes and Lao Cao.

Gee, being in Thailand must make you happy.

Are you paying for these blankets out of your pocket? If so it is very good of you.

Im getting a kick seeing all the thais all bundled up as they are in a deep freeze..

how they all ask the temp where i am as if it changed, and how they are so cold..

I try to tell them its cool or chilly, tell them snow and ice is cold to me as i bike

around in shorts and t-shirt and see thais with blanket and gloves--hats-etc

Add in the blanket thais and all the kids in pajamas and its like a big slumber party!!

Lets go make a big fire and sit around making smores and sing camfire songs....wai.gif

• Like 1

"Exacerbates what?.."

A few hundred blankets doesn't go far, even year on year, and at this time of year you would expect England to be cold wouldn't you?

I'd bet it wasn't 20+ at night in Udon, unless Udon has the magical property of retaining the same highest daytime temperature after sunset.

It needs a noun, i.e. Drought exacerbates poverty.

• Like 1

"Exacerbates what?.."

Lifelong ignorance exacerbates the patience of everyone else?

• Like 1

"Exacerbates what?.."

Lifelong ignorance exacerbates the patience of everyone else?

No, that doesn't work. You can't exacerbate somebody's patience

Exacerbates what? A transitive verb needs a direct object ... and yes I am with the grammar police. Virtually everything else is subject to criticism on Thai Visa. Why should language be exempt? "Bashers" sometimes need to be "bashees" to get the full experience. Certainly Thai use of English is bashed left and right.

ex·ac·er·bate

transitive verb
: to make more violent, bitter, or severe <the new law onlyexacerbates the problem>
Edited by Suradit69

exacerbate
ɪɡˈzasəbeɪt,ɛkˈsas-/
verb
verb: exacerbate; 3rd person present: exacerbates; past tense: exacerbated; past participle: exacerbated; gerund or present participle: exacerbating
make (a problem, bad situation, or negative feeling) worse.

lifelong ignorance exacerbates the problem of lifelong ignorance/ignorants??

anyway, who needs a blanket to stay warm whilst wearing shorts & flipflops??

help!!!

Severe cold hits Thailand's North, Northeast
By Digital Content

14213836731748-640x390x1.jpg

NAKHON PHANOM, Jan 16 -- A cold snap has hit much of northern and northeastern Thailand, leaving tens of thousands of people living in difficulty for lack of warm clothing, while many are suffering from respiratory and asthma problems, officials said.

They said the temperature in the northeastern province of Nakhon Phanom bordering Laos dropped to between 10 and 14 degrees Celsius early Friday, affecting poor villagers, leading provincial authorities to declare the province a disaster zone.

About 170,000 poor villagers in Nakhon Phanom are now suffering from the severe cold, as they do not have enough clothing, officials said, adding that the authorities are trying to assist them.

Residents of two districts of the northern province of Phitsanulok are especially affected by the cold weather as the temperature has continued to drop.

The temperature measured overnight Thursday was between 6-10 degrees Celsius, forcing poor villagers to warm themselves by sitting around bonfires.

Villagers in Phitsanulok have said this year’s winter season is very cold compared to previous years.

Officials have surveyed and found that more than 100,000 people in the province have insufficient warm clothing.

Help is underway to distribute warm clothing to the needy, officials said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2015-01-16

This is the average summer day in England

You forget the high humidity. Its why England feels unbearably cold at zero Centigrade but Bavaria feels fine at minus 10, the humidity in England is higher than inland on the continent. The humidity in Thailand is of course way higher than in England hence the fact that it feels colder. Even Julias Ceaser knew about this.

lets all bury our heads in the sand and keep on throwing good money after bad on people who refuse to learn.

year in, year out!

its too hot - help!!

its too cold - help!!

its too wet - help!!

its too windy - help!!

its too dry - help!!

we got drunk - help!!

we gambled - help!!

we sold our land - help!!

we sold our kids - help!!

we dont listen - help!!

we dont care - help!!

we we we - help me help me help me!!

help them stop breeding, then they will have to rely on themsleves or perish rather than relying on what their children/charity can provide for them!!

that is the real help they need, EDUCATION - but they dont want that - hand outs or 'fork' y

You forgot......''We have sick buffalo-help ! ''

Exacerbates what? A transitive verb needs a direct object ... and yes I am with the grammar police. Virtually everything else is subject to criticism on Thai Visa. Why should language be exempt? "Bashers" sometimes need to be "bashees" to get the full experience. Certainly Thai use of English is bashed left and right.

ex·ac·er·bate

transitive verb
: to make more violent, bitter, or severe <the new law onlyexacerbates the problem>
exacerbate
ɪɡˈzasəbeɪt,ɛkˈsas-/
verb
verb: exacerbate; 3rd person present: exacerbates; past tense: exacerbated; past participle: exacerbated; gerund or present participle: exacerbating
make (a problem, bad situation, or negative feeling) worse.

lifelong ignorance exacerbates the problem of lifelong ignorance/ignorants??

anyway, who needs a blanket to stay warm whilst wearing shorts & flipflops??

help!!!

Well done officers, keep up the good work.thumbsup.gifclap2.gifpost-9891-0-76401900-1421407303_thumb.jp

• Like 1

3 weeks ago it was around 10 degrees and damp in petchabun highlands, shirt n sweatshirt conditions... chaiaphum was a bit warmer but not much. Mae sot was around 15 degrees and quite dry... mae moei was warm and bone [email protected] shirt all night sop pong was 15 and damp and fang has gone from bitter cold to t shirts all night.

In most of those places people have been wrapped up in blankets and hats while driving the new toyota with an ipad in hand so i cant see where the disaster is?

Ive been camping in all of those areas since dec 4 with a thermometer, its chilly but it isnt the ice age

you know i see thousands of very cheap used jackets in the street markets all over thailand.

some are 30-50 baht.

if you look, most Thais are covered head to toe most of the time even on the hottest days.

very common the see women wearing sweaters in the hot sun.

Good question. Every year they receive blankets for free, but then they "mysteriously" disappear and they need new ones. Something sounds pretty fishy about all of this.

• Like 1