Thai Airways Security For Domestic And Int'l Flights

george

I'm sitting in the 1st Class lounge in Doha typing this message... in transit to LGW.

Over zealous staff at BKK made me check in ALL my Hand Luggage even though I had bought a new piece fitting the new 50% reduction now in place on UK flights. I explained that the UK rules were relaxed on Monday/Tuesday, but they were having none of it.

My point is that there seems to be a total confusion over this whole matter. The UK authorities have clearly stated that bags of 45x35x16 cms are now allowed, but no liquids other than prescription medicines and baby milk. Why then was there all the confusion at Don Muang on the afternoon of 17th?!!

Definitely total confusion! We flew Bangkok to Helsinki (Finn Air) and then Helsinki to London Heathrow (British Airways) on the 15th (check-in at 10p.m. on the 14th) and the biggest restriction we encountered was a check that we only had one carry-on bag apiece at the gate in Helsinki. I had made sure we had no 'liquids' and stowed the simple camera in the checked-in luggage, but I'm not sure we'd have had any problems if I hadn't. Mind you, I was sweating about what would happen to my carry-on luggage at Helsinki. However, all the restrictions there seemed to be on US-bound flights.

You wouldn't had any problems even if you would had liquids and electronics within your hand luggage: "Passengers may carry normal hand luggage on flights from the Helsinki-Vantaa International Airport to the UK if it is their final destination." http://www.finavia.fi/finavia_release?id=65877 , restrictions only apply to flights from/to US and from UK, thus Helsinki - London flight isn't affected.

Some people are confused probably because they don't know that aviation authorities in each country independently decide on which restrictions (if any) apply in their countries. Just because one or two countries introduce restrictions doesn't mean that every other country will automatically follow.

I walked thru security to get into CNX airport yesterday.I had my my mobile,metal belt buckle ,about THB60 in coins in my pocket and a big chunky metal watch..The metal detector picked up nothing. :o

AS far as I knoq those walk through checks are not foolproof as it depends on where the subject is to be detected and how you wlk through them Unless they now make them differently...

Anyway a friend came BKK to Phuket and had only some minor stuff with him and a Thai got stopped with a GUN in his pocket. They put it in plastic bag and gave it back when he goto to Phuket...

Things do have changed compare to 35 years ago when some collegues had eaten in DaLLAS where the restaurant menu was engraved on a tomahawk... They obtained one and on checkin flight crew took care of it...

Agree totally, plenty of flowers in a carrier bag, shit yes just dump them on my lap :o

Over hed lockers full of crap kop khun krap. me Im sick of it. send it by, oh so many car going up or down. lets keep our airline free of those terrorist.