Simple Ride Report of Northern Trip

Gweiloman

I have been checking the map and was courious what route you took from MaeSot to pick up the 3504. When I get to feeling health will be interested in taking this route.

First, hope you get healthy soon. You are missing some awesome riding weather.

I assume that he followed my advice. Leave out from Mae Sot and head east on the [12]. When arriving at Tak, stay on the east side of the Ping river [104/3002/1084]. You'll reach Khanu Woralaksaburi and turn right on the [1074]. Follow that west to the [3504]. Turn left on that road and head south. 5 km outside of Chum Ta Bong the road hits a "T" where you'll turn left. About 3km following the [3456] east you'll make a right turn towards Lat Yao. The road is still the [3456] and you follow that down to the [3438] were you turn left and a little bit past 2 km have a right turn onto the [3282]. Stay on that until it "T"s into the [3015]. That "T"s into the [3008] where you turn right. Keep going until the [4016]. Follow the signs and and you'll be on [3086] before you know it. Follow that to overnight in Kanchanaburi or take the [3480/4041/3119].

I have been checking the map and was courious what route you took from MaeSot to pick up the 3504. When I get to feeling health will be interested in taking this route.

I assume that he followed my advice. Leave out from Mae Sot and head east on the [12]. When arriving at Tak, stay on the east side of the Ping river [104/3002/1084]. You'll reach Khanu Woralaksaburi and turn right on the [1074]. Follow that west to the [3504]. Turn left on that road and head south. 5 km outside of Chum Ta Bong the road hits a "T" where you'll turn left. About 3km following the [3456] east you'll make a right turn towards Lat Yao. The road is still the [3456] and you follow that down to the [3438] were you turn left and a little bit past 2 km have a right turn onto the [3282]. Stay on that until it "T"s into the [3015]. That "T"s into the [3008] where you turn right. Keep going until the [4016]. Follow the signs and and you'll be on [3086] before you know it. Follow that to overnight in Kanchanaburi or take the [3480/4041/3119].

Thanks Dave, lots of folks up here in CM with colds and the flu this year, change in temp. I guesss. Thanks a lot for the info.

Thanks Dave, lots of folks up here in CM with colds and the flu this year, change in temp. I guesss. Thanks a lot for the info.

If you are going to take the 3504, I suggest you find a nice book, set a cruise control for your throttle and just sit back and read your book. Only slight shifts in body weight are required on this looooooooooong straight road.

If you are going to take the 3504, I suggest you find a nice book, set a cruise control for your throttle and just sit back and read your book. Only slight shifts in body weight are required on this looooooooooong straight road.

But it's a hell of a way to quickly get from Tak down to Kanchanburi isn't it?

Bypasses [1/32] with its potholes, smog, and kamikaze drivers.

A great post and I am glad that you enjoyed the ride.

Sigh. It makes me wish I was a few years younger than the 70 I am now.

I would love to do a trip like that even on my scabby old Phantom. It would do the trip but it would just take a lot longer.

I was due out with Dave Boo last year but my left leg was causing me pain for about 3 months or so. It is better now but I am not too happy on a long trip on my own any more in case I drop my bike and get stuck under it.

My mate should be coming out from Germany in February or March so I will ride with him this year and depending on my health and age this may be the last year of distance riding.

I know my reactions are slower and my eyesight is going a bit more every year but I will take things as they come.

• Like 1

I would love to do a trip like that even on my scabby old Phantom. It would do the trip but it would just take a lot longer.

I was due out with Dave Boo last year but my left leg was causing me pain for about 3 months or so. It is better now but I am not too happy on a long trip on my own any more in case I drop my bike and get stuck under it.

My mate should be coming out from Germany in February or March so I will ride with him this year and depending on my health and age this may be the last year of distance riding.

I know my reactions are slower and my eyesight is going a bit more every year but I will take things as they come.

It's fantastic that you are still riding in your 70's - I hope I can be too.

You could most of this trip on practically any bike with the exception of one or two rather extreme (for road bikes) off road / road under construction bits. You would of course not do the same sort of daily distances that we did, maybe 200 km a day max, especially on the twisty bits.

Good luck if you do go on your trip

p/s: on another thread, eagle eyed Dave_Boo spotted that I had Airhawks under my stretchy seat cover. I highly recommend it - I did not once feel any pain or discomfort even at the end of a long day's ride

70 means nothing. age means nothing as well.

hope you ride until you are 100!

You could most of this trip on practically any bike with the exception of one or two rather extreme (for road bikes) off road / road under construction bits. You would of course not do the same sort of daily distances that we did, maybe 200 km a day max, especially on the twisty bits.

p/s: on another thread, eagle eyed Dave_Boo spotted that I had Airhawks under my stretchy seat cover. I highly recommend it - I did not once feel any pain or discomfort even at the end of a long day's ride

Back in 2011 I rode my Phantom down to BKK from where I live at the Khampaeng Phet side of the Mae Wong national park to look at a Yamaha Virago 535 some 400 km. I rode back the same day. I started about 05.30 and finally got home in a thunderstorm abbout 9.30 pm. I was CWFM, cold wet and f'ing miserable but the Phantom never missed a beat, just kept plugging on.

For the next 3 days I walked like a cowboy who had lost his horse but it did enjoy most of the day.

I can probably still hack about 400km max in a day now but after 3 days I think I would give up, and suffer the luxury of comfort by sending my wife to collect me in the pickup and chuck the bike on the back.

Back in 2011 I rode my Phantom down to BKK from where I live at the Khampaeng Phet side of the Mae Wong national park to look at a Yamaha Virago 535 some 400 km. I rode back the same day. I started about 05.30 and finally got home in a thunderstorm abbout 9.30 pm. I was CWFM, cold wet and f'ing miserable but the Phantom never missed a beat, just kept plugging on.

For the next 3 days I walked like a cowboy who had lost his horse but it did enjoy most of the day.

I can probably still hack about 400km max in a day now but after 3 days I think I would give up, and suffer the luxury of comfort by sending my wife to collect me in the pickup and chuck the bike on the back.

What I meant is that in the twisties, the average speed comes right down and to do 400 km a day, you will really need to push hard and start early / end late.

• Like 1

I am 69 and still ride around the country on my pcx 350k a day is good and then after 3 days take a few day break, if you have a gym or some equipment work the upper body a bit so the arms and shoulders do not become to tired.Good luck on those rides, nothing to back away from

• Like 1

if you have a gym or some equipment work the upper body a bit so the arms and shoulders do not become to tired.

A sportsbike gives a good upper body workout. Always get a tricep burn on longer rides.

Unfortunately, doesn't do much for the gut! :blink:

• Like 2

Re post #1, last paragraph:

"The 323 is really, really great for some slightly above speed limit runs. Highly, highly recommended, for anything above 500 cc."

This is a swell road.

I road in couple years back on Raider150.

I highly recommend it for anything below 500 cc.

Re post #1, last paragraph:

"The 323 is really, really great for some slightly above speed limit runs. Highly, highly recommended, for anything above 500 cc."

This is a swell road.

I road in couple years back on Raider150.

I highly recommend it for anything below 500 cc.

Absolutely! Highly recommended for bicycles as well. Heck, even pedestrians would have a blast as it's quite scenic.

But to really, really enjoy this road, a high displacement bike is the ideal choice. Bit like having the right kind of wine with the right kind of meal, if you know what I mean.

Red with meat; white with fish.

I'm not much of an imbiber, so

can't really appreciate the wine metaphor. 5 5

But I do like eating fruit salad served on a naked lady's belly,

if you know what I mean.

Fruit salad a la tubgirl?

Gross.sick.gif

• Like 1

D,

You Catholic or sumtin'?

Doesn't have to be a tub girl, but showering after is fun.

Preferable to wine IMO if you really, really want to enjoy the dining experience..

Go to images.Google.com and do a search for tubgirl.

Then you'll understand my post.

Wow that tubgirl is a new one for me.

(I thought you were talking soapy massage)

Thanks for the education.

I'll bet she has a nice personality.

I'm not that into large, bikes nor wimmin.

But you guys... go for it. thumbsup.gif

Just wanted to know that I am not as puritanical as some think....