Fury as Indonesia executes foreigners by firing squad

Lite Beer

Joko...

go ahead and execute the bali 9. Drugs kill and ruin lives forever.....The US talked about a war on drugs........Thaksin brought it home. .......prisons worldwide are filled with druggies. Drugs fuel terrorism...ie poppies in A-gan........sad it takes so long to get the deed done.

But wait.

according to this poster, punishment may prevent the crime:Posted 2015-01-18 14:33:04

People know the high risks of drug taking/selling in Indonesia, so no compassion from me. If the thai government said that riding on the pavement carries the death penalty, i am sure i wouldnt do it.

But wait you say prisons are filled with druggies? Maybe the entire approach is wrong.

I have no sympathy for heroin users or people who run drugs factories where the penalty is known. However living in Thailand where frame ups are rife and corruption unbridled it does bother me that some innocent will end up dead and even one innocent life is too many. For that reason the punishment has serious consequences, the most serious for those now dead.

I know this was Indonesia but there are similarities with here.

Edited by slipperx

So you assume anyone that's already made a post that you disagree with here, they're all those things.

How can you know that nobody else has any experience with drugs, whatsoever based on what you are saying above.

For example, I've had more than my fair share of experience but in a completely different cateogry to you. So I'm automatically all those things in your eyes?

Read what I posted. All will be revealed. Post something containing bigotry, arrogance, or ignorance and expect to be called on it.

Other peoples experience - how would I know ?

Let me guess - cop ? prison guard?

If you can not see the harm that the war on drugs does, for the sake of $$$, to the detriment of so many, fighting a battle you can not win, you can add pity to my three opinions.

Even police chiefs, along with most if not all people in the health care community, think it is unwinnable.

But you keep on keeping on - maybe in another 30 or so years you will win. NOT !

So you assume anyone that's already made a post that you disagree with here, they're all those things.

How can you know that nobody else has any experience with drugs, whatsoever based on what you are saying above.

For example, I've had more than my fair share of experience but in a completely different cateogry to you. So I'm automatically all those things in your eyes?

Read what I posted. All will be revealed. Post something containing bigotry, arrogance, or ignorance and expect to be called on it.

Other peoples experience - how would I know ?

Let me guess - cop ? prison guard?

If you can not see the harm that the war on drugs does, for the sake of $$$, to the detriment of so many, fighting a battle you can not win, you can add pity to my three opinions.

Even police chiefs, along with most if not all people in the health care community, think it is unwinnable.

But you keep on keeping on - maybe in another 30 or so years you will win. NOT !

Fair enough seedy.

I can't imagine any. Of this is going to help those two australian gronks in line for the next indo bullets.

You can't get around they knew what they were getting into, even they have acknowledged that.

Those lads managed to drag others into their evil net too.

As far as they are concerned, " You reap what you sow " springs to mind.

I have no sympathy for heroin users or people who run drugs factories where the penalty is known. However living in Thailand where frame ups are rife and corruption unbridled it does bother me that some innocent will end up dead and even one innocent life is too many. For that reason the punishment has serious consequences, the most serious for those now dead.

I know this was Indonesia but there are similarities with here.

Many similarities and both will inevitably suffer from endemic greed and corruption from the bottom to the top of their respective systems, but neither of the men in this instance are even remotely 'innocent'. I've maintained from the start that the cruelty here lies in the fact that they have to get onto their bunks each night knowing that the cell door could be opened in the early hours for the final time, but I doubt that anyone in Jakarta could care less about that. It does strike me as ironic that the same right-wing shock jocks who are vehemently anti-crime and in favor of tougher punishments will have a field day with this when they are executed, even though few of their listeners would normally give anyone named 'Chan' or 'Sukumaran' the time of day. The executions will be a blip on the radar - the relationship survived the Bali bombings and the live cattle debacle, it will definitely survive the execution of these two traffickers.

Its the Western Global Elite that run the drugs trade and always have done since the time of the British East India Company - and they don't like competition!!

Every time a CIA jet falls out the sky it just happens to be loaded to the brim with cocaine - Like the American-registered DC9 airliner which was busted with 5.5 tons of cocaine. Then the 4 tons found on a Gulfstream II business jet (N987SA) which crash-landed in Mexico's Yucatan.

In April 2011, Jesus Vicente Zambada Niebla, the "logistical coordinator" for the Sinaloa drug-trafficking gang that was responsible for purchasing the CIA "rendition" jet that crashed with four tons on cocaine on board back in 2007 told the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois in Chicago that he had been working as a U.S. government asset for years.

Last year a Boeing C-17 Globemaster III (Spirit of Delaware) out of Dover Air Force Base landed at the Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airport (LIR) on Saturday July 27, loaded almost 24 tons of cocaine in pallets and then set off for its ultimate destination of Miami, according to the Costa Rica Star. Once it arrived in Miami nothing further was hear about it in the media. (24T = $5bn aprox)

Last year HSBC was fined $4.2bn for drug money laundering - Ref BBC

Edited by Chopperboy