For new farang in LOS - The other 95% of Thai Women...a short story

redandyellow

• 4 weeks later...

Even if they are not bar tarts or gold diggers and beautiful, the chances are she will still be shallow and boring only interested in lakorn, food and family. Try having a conversation about anything where they have to think and you are likely to get a not interested or frustrated emotional response. On the whole I would say Thai women are very overrated both in the looks and personality departments, a lot of them never seem to quite grow up.

It's funny how the Thais have the same complaint about farangs: "Why can't I ever have an intelligent conversation with a farang?" In the Thai language, of course.

Even if they are not bar tarts or gold diggers and beautiful, the chances are she will still be shallow and boring only interested in lakorn, food and family. Try having a conversation about anything where they have to think and you are likely to get a not interested or frustrated emotional response. On the whole I would say Thai women are very overrated both in the looks and personality departments, a lot of them never seem to quite grow up.

This is pretty much spot on for chaps thinking about finding 'love' n merry ole Muang Thai, the women are really boring... once you've had the shag.

This is pretty much spot on for chaps thinking about finding 'love' n merry ole Muang Thai, the women are really boring... once you've had the shag.

I'm pretty sure some of these men aren't exactly sparkling conversationalists either.

Unfortunately, this is more relevant than a lot of other b.s you read on this topic. If you are dumb enough to marry a woman that has no aspirations in life, worked in a bar and now lazes around your home watching mindless Thai soaps while sapping your funds....then you are the fool, most with a brain wont fall for this type of situation. However, thats just one side of the coin....

I think you have to accept that the majority of Thai's are probably not going to be interested in any form of philosophical discussion. Where I grew up open debate, quite heated at times was encouraged. It was part of life for both men and women to 'bang heads' together sometimes about all manner of things...politics, religion whatever! I found out pretty quickly that here, even for quite highly educated women (we are talking women here) this kind of thing didnt get far. I am now talking about conversing in BOTH Thai and English. My Thai is not perfect but I can have discussions on a fair few topics. I found the same with those that spoke English very well, even studied overseas, the majority are just on a totally different wavelength. At first it was frustrating, but then I just learned to accept it. My wife is a bit of an exception, and they are certainly out there.

I live here because I like the relaxed way of life. I dont expect to have deep and meaningfuls with Thai's, though they can happen. I leave that to having a beer with other expats. I think this is the way most expats function here to be honest. I am now actually very happy to live most of my life in a fairly live for the moment way, not thinking too deeply, as I did a bit too much when I was younger and living in the west. 80% of my interactions with Thais is on a pretty shallow but friendly level. I like it that way.

I think to live here and have a successful relationship here you really do need to assimilate, a process that many i have met flat out refuse to go through. Does that mean you have to 'dumb down' a little....maybe. I would say that I worried too much about things when I was younger, argued too strongly about things I had no power to change and brooded too long as well. I think this kind of thing will not get you too far here. You need to accept the majority (not all) Thai ladies for what they are. they will no doubt change you and you will change them. Perhaps my wife has brought me back down to earth a little more, and I have taken her up into the heavans a little more......actually, I know i've done that thumbsup.gif ....nudge nudge wink wink...say no more.....

• Like 1

Wow he's definitely hit a sore spot among readers. Tells me the vast majority here are either chasing or have married ex bar girls. Do so at your own peril. There are a few diamonds in the rough but the rough is so rough you won't get your ball(s) out in one piece lol.

"Thai women are known around the world as being some of the most attractive women on the planet..."

You're kidding me, right? w00t.gif

The funny thing about this is 95% of farangs go for ugly thai girls..................hahahaha!

Thais ask me everyday.................WHY WHY WHY ? when so many pretty thai girls want a sex tourist as a husband............hahahaha.

We have had this kind of discussions ad nauseam ... the new-to-town and know-it-all farang who tries to lecture us stupid old farts about how a really beautiful Thai woman looks like, and that's totally different from what we farangs considers as beautiful. Hence the stupidity of us farangs.

Give me a break!

What do I care if other people consider my sweet heart as beautiful or not and I don't need the approval of other men, especially not Thai men.

But if you dig a bit deeper, what comes out is that what most Thai consider as beautiful is actually a girl that looks like a Western girl and has had all kind of surgical enhancements (nose, chin, lips, boobs etc) and are often "look krueng" (Thai / Caucasian mix). Just follow some Thai soaps where these girl are type-cast or follow the fashion and music scene.

We farang, on the other hand, often like the "typical" Thai woman (if such a thing exists), with Asian features, almond shaped eyes, prominent cheek bones, long black hair, full lips, small nose, small body ... oops, am I describing my ideal?

At the end of the day, don't listen to other people! If she is the one for you, never mind other opinions.