6m Filipinos attend Pope Francis’ Luneta Mass, papal route

webfact

6m Filipinos attend Pope Francis’ Luneta Mass, papal route

19-1-2558-9-53-41-wpcf_728x413.jpg

MANILA: -- The Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) on Sunday said six million Filipinos attended Pope Francis’ Mass at Quirino Grandstand, according to a report by INQUIRER.net.

MMDA said on its official Twitter account that as of of 5:30pm its official crowd estimate was 6 million people gathered in Luneta Mass and papal route.

The Mass was the Pope’s third and final in the Philippines after celebrating Masses for the religious and clergymen at Manila Cathedral on Friday and for the victims of Supertyphoon “Haiyan” (local name “Yolanda”) in Tacloban City in Leyte province on Saturday.

The six million people who turned up for the Mass of Pope Francis on Sunday exceeded the number of attendees who showed up for St John Paul II’s World Youth Day Mass in Manila in 1995.

Twenty years ago, five million people showed up during the Mass officiated by St John Paul II in Luneta.

Pope Francis is set to depart for Vatican City on Monday morning after a five-day visit to the country.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/6m-filipinos-attend-pope-francis-luneta-mass-papal-route

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-01-19

Belive in what ever you belive in, just don't try to change others minds to belive in what you do/think. This is where it all goes pear shaped.................I Belive in Me, my Family and close freinds. And don't care about anything else....Sorry about the bad spelling..