Can I save my exhaust?

dagling

My Yoshimura Exhaust System RSCV damaged.

Exhaust system is made of stainless steel. Cost me about 1300 US dollars with shipping, so had hoped to avoid buying a new one.

There is also a small dent near the rear brake pedal.

The injury happened while I was in Norway, my wife's nephew (16 years old) found out that he would try to sit on the bike while my wife was not home.

He lost balance / footing and bike overturned.

Can this damage be fixed and painted up again?

Someone who can give me advice on where and how much this will cost?

I am a resident in Khon Kaen area.

post-84957-0-48148400-1421742877_thumb.j

post-84957-0-65025900-1421742881_thumb.j

Such a small dent / crease ( just above the upper edge of the pedal arm ) , wont cause any performance loss and could be filled with braze. Then get it heat paint sprayed , or remove and have it dipped. Has the nephew,s injuries healed yet facepalm.gif

Such a small dent / crease ( just above the upper edge of the pedal arm ) , wont cause any performance loss and could be filled with braze. Then get it heat paint sprayed , or remove and have it dipped. Has the nephew,s injuries healed yet facepalm.gif

I just need to know WHO can do it and where;-)

I think they are suggesting you do it yourself. Spray cans are fairly easy to operate.

If you really don't want to, then any metal cutting/welding/exhaust shop in your area should be able to help you out. My only fear there is that they won't remove your exhaust and that risks over-spray somewhere where you don't want it. If you do it yourself (without removing the exhaust) you can mask off the entire bike before spraying.

• Like 1

I think they are suggesting you do it yourself. Spray cans are fairly easy to operate.

If you really don't want to, then any metal cutting/welding/exhaust shop in your area should be able to help you out. My only fear there is that they won't remove your exhaust and that risks over-spray somewhere where you don't want it. If you do it yourself (without removing the exhaust) you can mask off the entire bike before spraying.

So where can I get heat resistant paint?

I'd second the suggestion of heat resistant paint. I used it when my KSR exhaust went a bit off colour. Gave it a good clean, a gentle sand down and resprayed. I'd suggest you do the same with yours or pay a local to do it if you don't want to. Looks very minor damage to me.

If it was just a tip over in the garage as he claims (although with the way the scrapes run from front to back I doubt that) he really shouldn't be injured should he?