Thrills and agony of Suvarnabhumi Airport captured in BBC trailer (VIDEO)

webfact

It will make for an interesting comparison with the recent excellent series on Dubai Airport.

Ah yes Dubai where you can get on a plane in Birmingham Uk with a roll of wire in your hand luggage after checking first only to have it confiscated at Dubai despite having flown with it in your approved hand luggage by an Arab airline Emirates..........incredible
Yeah i saw that sign in the xray machines as i went through with a few rolls of electric wire and a £200 50m climbing rope.....i got through...

I love the BBC ad video, and hope I get to see all 6.

and Chotthee, what are you on about? If any TV station

should be clipped it is the Horrible Fox network. I

could not stand watching their reporting, and bragging of being Asia's

best English speaking TV. The BBC and French and other channels

are great for us English speaking folk.

See the above clip in the Episode and thought that you had to remove any hats/caps/glasses for the immigration camera pic?

Looks like the VIP/Fastrack lane checkpoint, must have different rules whistling.gif

Edited by Boycie

I just watched it , decent show, about the airport, makes British tourists look bad,,,,,,,,

Amazing they let that drunk guy on the plane ,

All these shows need to show some "drama" or they would be as boring as any ones everyday lifes :)

looking forward to the other shows

• Like 1

The staff at the airport come across as doing a pretty good job, or trying to, given the bellend tourists that they have to deal with.

Overall it was interesting because it's familiar and I'm glad that Thailand came out looking good.

Some decent, hard working Thai people.

• Like 2

Prayuth, please ban it please. Please.

Ban BBC too if you can.

Why. are you afraid of the truth being broadcast or are you just in favor of censorship

Because it will take away happiness from Thais, which is opposite of what the dear leaser junta General Prayuth the supreme Prime Minister is mandated to do for the people by the people.

jing jing or kii moor... Either you are Thai or have been in Thailand far too long...

So, they decided to edit out how baggage handlers at Suvarnabhumi move luggage through the airport, by throwing and kicking it down stairs.

probably they also edited the handlers who open and steal from the baggage : I lost already once an expensive watch and recently the remote control for the IPTV box I took with me

Serves you right!!!! Keep valuable things in your hand luggage, or on your wrist!!!!!

Have seen the first episode now. Says more about the quality of British lowlife and dimwits who come to Thailand than it does about the airport.

The preview for the next episode looks like it could have been for the "Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand" series...

Have to agree that the show doesn't reflect well on Brits... Or is it the Brits themselves?

• Like 1

Certainly I would not like to be seated on a plane next to someone who had spent 14 hours in the departure lounge downing tins of SB like a chain smoker.

Surprised they let him on the plane.

P.S. He was not English, he was Scottish.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So, they decided to edit out how baggage handlers at Suvarnabhumi move luggage through the airport, by throwing and kicking it down stairs.

Have you actually seen them doing it??? I thought the airport was all automated, though this probably has the same effect particularly on cheep, crappy or badly packed luggage.

probably they also edited the handlers who open and steal from the baggage : I lost already once an expensive watch and recently the remote control for the IPTV box I took with me

Shame the cameras weren't there when one of the security staff or baggage handlers broke the lock off mine and stole my new trainers, iPod classic and shure headphones. Of which I'm still waiting for an investigation into.

When travelling you pass through two or more airports, how do you know at which one the theft occurred???

No one has seen this series yet, there have been many fly on the wall documentaries on airports and airlines, many hard hitting facts, I recall more than one airport tackling the problem of thefts from luggage, they did not brush it under the carpet or forbid the documentary crews from filming, thefts from luggage happens at all airports, just some more than others.

I think most experienced travellers now know not to put valuables into checked luggage, and in fact there are signs in many airports advising people of that.

Who hasn't seen a version of this video?

When I opened my locked suitcase on my return from the States in June, there was a nice letter from the TSA telling me they'd searched my bag.

w00t.gif

I think people with half a brain would not leave valuables like ipods etc in hold luggage!!:blink:

No offence mate but if you put expensive watches into hold baggage then that's just asking for trouble. Use your hand baggage.

Have seen the first episode now. Says more about the quality of British lowlife and dimwits who come to Thailand than it does about the airport.

The preview for the next episode looks like it could have been for the "Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand" series...

Have to agree that the show doesn't reflect well on Brits... Or is it the Brits themselves?

You should see the Brits in Spain. :-(

Certainly I would not like to be seated on a plane next to someone who had spent 14 hours in the departure lounge downing tins of SB like a chain smoker.

Surprised they let him on the plane.

P.S. He was not English, he was Scottish.

Would have been a close call to let him on plane, but if they stopped him they have to hold plane and would be nightmare trying to find his bag as cant fly bag unaccompanied for security reasons.

While waiting at the gate i saw some personell unloading a rackwagon of suitcases, i couldn't believe how rough the guy threw them on another wagon. It seemed like he tried to break everything inside on purpose. I wouldn't even throw my binbag that hard in the basket.

I thought about filming it because it was extreme. Then i realised i was in Thailand and filming it would not help at all.

The staff at the airport come across as doing a pretty good job, or trying to, given the bellend tourists that they have to deal with.

Overall it was interesting because it's familiar and I'm glad that Thailand came out looking good.

I don't think the tourist cops came over well at all. They could have checked with China air if they wanted to see the CC on check in, or vouched for him. Then when he finds out hours later that's not needed anyway with a DC they suddenly remember that's right, idiotic. Of course the staff are all smiles when the cameras are on them, i'd rather have seen undercover filming to get the real view, has anyone ever had an immigration officer like the one in in the film who loves his job? most of them look like they hate their jobs. Medical team came over very well.

Rather stereotypical tourists selected out of many more filmed, the drunken Scot, two fat stupid slags, dizzy blonde etc. Hopefully they will be covering some of the scams, and the taxi problem.

Edited by dragonfly94

I love the bloke at the end - "You'll never see me in Thailand again"

Good! You're the kind of Brit scum that has ruined the place! <deleted> off!

from a fellow Brit thumbsup.gif

Scum just because he got all his stuff stolen then had to put up a stupid tourist policewomen 'helping' him?

I don't think the tourist cops came over well at all. They could have checked with China air if they wanted to see the CC on check in, or vouched for him. Then when he finds out hours later that's not needed anyway with a DC they suddenly remember that's right, idiotic. Of course the staff are all smiles when the cameras are on them, i'd rather have seen undercover filming to get the real view, has anyone ever had an immigration officer like the one in in the film who loves his job? most of them look like they hate their jobs. Medical team came over very well.

Rather stereotypical tourists selected out of many more filmed, the drunken Scot, two fat stupid slags, dizzy blonde etc. Hopefully they will be covering some of the scams, and the taxi problem.

They did not show the cash extraction done by the medical staff as that is run by Private Hospitals particualry Bummengrad

Now, I know why so many British get into trouble over here. My God, passed out drunk in the terminal BEFORE they get on the plane.

After an endless download through VPN and iPlayer I saw some of Britains finest biggrin.png

Looking forward to the next episode eager to see a step-up tongue.png

• Like 1

I love the bloke at the end - "You'll never see me in Thailand again"

Good! You're the kind of Brit scum that has ruined the place! <deleted> off!

from a fellow Brit thumbsup.gif

Scum just because he got all his stuff stolen then had to put up a stupid tourist policewomen 'helping' him?

Some of us see it the other way round...