BMA holds public hearing on Grey Line monorail project

webfact

BMA holds public hearing on Grey Line monorail project

BANGKOK, 20 January 2015 (NNT) – The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has held the second public hearing on the study of the Watcharapol - Rama IX Bridge – Tha Phra Grey Line Monorail construction design project.

The Governor of Bangkok Sukhumbhand Paribatra presided over the second public opinion hearing of the Grey Line monorail project for the initial phase of the project design at the Montien Riverside Hotel, Bangkok.

He said to the participating public that ‘The City of Happiness’ is one of the policies that the BMA is pushing for a concrete outcome, especially for in solving the traffic issues through the extension of the mass transit network's efficiency and coverage of all areas, that will allow the public to travel more quickly and conveniently.

The Bangkok Governor has explained that the Grey Line monorail will provide the public in Bangkok more options in traveling, which the BMA has carefully studied in many aspects and has encouraged public participation in the projects.

He said that the project received positive public feedback in first public hearing. The second hearing's emphasis is informing the public on the initial project design and the outcome of the studies in the engineering, economic, and the environmental aspects, as well as collecting additional public feedback and suggestions.

The Grey Line monorail will connect with 6 mass transit lines, namely the Pink Line, Red Line, Yellow Line, Orange Line, Green Line, and the Blue Line. The Grey Line monorail will pass through highly populated residential areas and important areas, providing an effective transportation route for the public.

The first phase of the project from Watcharapol to Thong Lo is expected to be finished within a time frame of 60 months, said the Bangkok Governor.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-01-20 footer_n.gif

I've always wondered, HOW and WHERE the government announces these kinds of public hearings, and thus who if anyone attends them?

In years of living here, I can't recall ever being informed about such a hearing IN ADVANCE and thus having an opportunity to attend.

Makes me wonder if it's any better for ordinary Thais, or are they kept in the dark also?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I've always wondered, HOW and WHERE the government announces these kinds of public hearings, and thus who if anyone attends them?

In years of living here, I can't recall ever being informed about such a hearing IN ADVANCE and thus having an opportunity to attend.

Makes me wonder if it's any better for ordinary Thais, or are they kept in the dark also?

Ordinary Thais are kept in the dark about everything. 'Public hearings' are for the developers and are there to discuss how to dispossess the required land from the squatters and tenants. The decision as to whether to proceed will be determined by how many bungs are available.

Ordinary Thais are kept in the dark about everything. 'Public hearings' are for the developers and are there to discuss how to dispossess the required land from the squatters and tenants. The decision as to whether to proceed will be determined by how many bungs are available.

Back home, in my prior home, government agencies are typically legally required to publish notices of public hearings for a certain number of days in the area's newspaper of general circulation, typically a text listing in the government notices section within the classifieds.

I don't read Thai language, but I was still kind of wondering whether or not Thai officialdom has any similar kind of requirement, and if so, where such things get posted.

You may well be correct that they simply don't do those kinds of things here. But I thought it was perhaps possible that such notices get squirreled away in some very obscure place tongue.png , like The Nation or the BKK Post's classified sections.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK