Cement truck rams into Phuket food shops

webfact

Cement truck rams into Phuket food shops
Eakkapop Thongtub

1421810669_1-org.jpg
The truck and the mangled front of one of the food shops.

PHUKET: -- A cement truck sideswiped parked vehicles and mangled the fronts of two food shops in Baan Manik yesterday afternoon (January 20). Luckily, the food shops were closed at the time and no one was hurt.

The driver of the truck, Suchart Sinma, 30, told police that he was heading along Srisoonthorn Rd toward the Heroines monument when the crash took place.

“I swerved to avoid a head-on collision with another truck coming the other way. But I hit a parked pickup truck, which caused a domino effect,” he said. By domino effect he was referring to a motorbike the pickup truck was cannoned into.

He was taken to Thalang Police Station and charged with reckless driving.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/cement-truck-rams-into-phuket-food-shops-50649.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-01-21

Ok not in Phuket but I have a story.

I stopped at the traffic lights heading into Khon Kaen and a car hit my car demolishing my right hand rear side and he ended up in the shrubbery of the median strip

Quite apparently a bus had hit this guy who was trying to cross four lanes from the left to do a right turn. he took out two other cars as well in his 4 lane cross venture

I stood there quietly whilst they all argued together, the insurance agents turned up...we had to phone ours ..and the cop went around asking who was going to pay him to apportion blame. No one would pay so he didn't. Not only that he kept our drivers licenses so we had to attend the cop shop to get them back.

They are mongrel black dogs and I don't know how they can go home to their wife and children and say what a mongrel they were that particular day.

Topic was accident.

Is disgraceful this poor chap has been charged with reckless driving? Is obvious to anyone that he is an hero;

I swerved to avoid an head on collision with a Truck coming the other way, but I hit a parked Pick Up truck which caused a domino effect?

So there we have it, the Pick Up truck caused the accident, probably coupled to the fact the brakes had overheated when applied thus resulting in a bit of carnage, has been quiet recently on the Cement Mixer Truck front in Phuket, normally average one per week around the island...

The headline incorrectly called it a cement truck. The photograph shows a concrete truck. Cement is the gray powder that's used to make concrete.

Do you have a copy of the load note? or were you at the scene taking samples?