Baby survives falling onto Thai highway from truck (VIDEO)

webfact

Somehow, that baby just did not look Thai to me. Blonde hair? I hope it has no further complications.

Hmm..... Yeah, thought that too!

Look again. You might be confusing a bald head with blond hair.

No, you guys are wrong, the real father must have been Swedish, over here on holiday in Patchabun, met the woman had a fling and bingo, blondie is born.

Now someone tell us what part of Sweden the dad came from and we can rest easy.

The nice thing is he probably looks after the truck better than his kid.whistling.gif

Please excuse my English: What the <deleted> is a toddler doing alone in the open back of a speeding pick-up truck? Those parents should have flogged some sense into them.

Can you not read or did you not read. There were two other children in the back with him!

Please excuse my English: What the <deleted> is a toddler doing alone in the open back of a speeding pick-up truck? Those parents should have flogged some sense into them.

Can you not read or did you not read. There were two other children in the back with him!

Can you explain what you mean by asking him if he can read of not ?

"...Ami wrote of the baby and other young children in the back of the truck. "One of the older kids pointed at something out there, and the baby wanted to check it out too, and it fell."

That was what was written in the article. The baby was accompanied by other children.The original poster asked what a toddler was doing alone in the back of the truck.

Had the original poster read the article he would not have asked the question. Quite simple really. He did not read it properly/ or at all. Perhaps peppered with a dash of sarcasm?

"...Ami wrote of the baby and other young children in the back of the truck. "One of the older kids pointed at something out there, and the baby wanted to check it out too, and it fell."

That was what was written in the article. The baby was accompanied by other children.The original poster asked what a toddler was doing alone in the back of the truck.

Had the original poster read the article he would not have asked the question. Quite simple really. He did not read it properly/ or at all. Perhaps peppered with a dash of sarcasm?

Doesn't matter if he didn't read it properly, the kid may as well have been on its own!!!!!!!

I don't know which is more stunning:

The baby surviving,

or the parent's astronomical stupidity.

And the (I assume) father just strolls up …. wouldn't want to lose Face by running-

God help that child as it grows up.

Perhaps he had been making sure that the other children still in the car were secure as opposed to leaving them alone in the vehicle.

Now I know why you are called Geez.

Geez, do ya think that after this obviously highly responsible father checked that the children remaining alive in the back of the pickup were okay (by smacking 'em a few times for being so irresponsible as to let their sibling swan dive onto asphalt) that he might at that point have moved a little faster between the truck and the blacktop bouncing baby?

You apologists are a never ending source of entertainment here.

• Like 1

And people came from near and far to touch the baby’s head

All because it fell from the pick-up truck and didn’t wind up dead.

They buy locket’s of it’s baby hair and lottery numbers of it’s birth

And Mum and Dad cannot believe how much that baby’s worth.

You just know it ended up this way.

• Like 2

In yesterday's Thairath they said the family were Hmong and had taken the baby to the local hospital in Petchabun to have it checked over and a small injury to the face treated.

The doctor had discharged the baby on the same day and since they hadn't returned it's assumed the baby is ok.

On the day of the incident the family had come down from the mountains in Khao Kho where they lived to go shopping in town and the baby's siblings were pointing out things to it at the side of the road which caused it to get up and look and fall out the truck.

Yes 2 other children, 2 children who are also very small hence you cant see them sitting above the back of the vehicle. Now would you mind letting a 2 or 3 year old take a 6 month old baby to the park knowing they had to cross busy roads ?

There was no one in the back of the car capable of looking after a baby.

• Like 1

I don't know which is more stunning:

The baby surviving,

or the parent's astronomical stupidity.

And the (I assume) father just strolls up …. wouldn't want to lose Face by running-

God help that child as it grows up.

Perhaps he had been making sure that the other children still in the car were secure as opposed to leaving them alone in the vehicle.

Is there nothing you will criticize a Thai for ? Of course he wouldn't have thought to make sure the children were secure before they stated the journey as he didn't expect one to fall out. But this sort of thing happens the world over huh ?

Do these trucks have seatbelts in the back of them ? or did he just leave the other 2 in the back unsecured for the rest of the journey when the car was moving after making sure they were safe while it was stopped.

Edited by berybert

Maybe it's just me, but after watching the video 3 times, it seemed to look like a Farang baby.

I've seen 2 adult Thais splattered on a street in Koh Samui after the truck swerved to avoid a high speed

car passing other cars and coming from the other direction. Unsafe passing is a way of life for too many Thai drivers.

Ultimate defensive driving is the only way to travel in Thailand.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Anyone else think the kid looks like a gwailo?
OB

Looks like a small child that just fell out of a moving vehicle.

Maybe it's just me, but after watching the video 3 times, it seemed to look like a Farang baby.

I've seen 2 adult Thais splattered on a street in Koh Samui after the truck swerved to avoid a high speed

car passing other cars and coming from the other direction. Unsafe passing is a way of life for too many Thai drivers.

Ultimate defensive driving is the only way to travel in Thailand.

Maybe it is ,maybe it isn't, who cares. Fact is the parents or guardians were grossly negligent in allowing the children to ride unsupervised in the back of the truck and the way the man casually strolled back to his wife and baby as if it was a bag of groceries that had hit the road.

Edited by ratcatcher

Anyone else think the kid looks like a gwailo?

OB

It's possible it was a guava's kid, being, ahem, looked after by the cerebrally challenged couple.

Anybody here have their kid returned yesterday with a bonk on the head and a fear of pickups?