What to do after visa exemption stamp and extension?

I arrived on December 28th, 2014 and received a visa exemption stamp like I usually do every 3-4 months.

Because of surgery that I received on January 19, 2015 my job won't allow me back to work until 6 weeks has passed.

I understand I can get an extension for 30 days on the visa exemption stamp (which I did successfully last time here) but that puts me well short of the needed days in Thailand before I return to work. About a week or more after the required 6 week requirement and possibly a few days after approvals from my job.

Any suggestions on how to bridge this shortfall?

Being located in Jomtien (Pattaya) I'm thinking of a border run for a tourist visa.

I suggest you go out for a tourist visa. You will not get one by just doing a border run to Cambodia you would have to go to PP to get it.

You could fly out and back to get another 30 day visa exempt entry after the extension.

• Like 1

I suggest you go out for a tourist visa. You will not get one by just doing a border run to Cambodia you would have to go to PP to get it.

You could fly out and back to get another 30 day visa exempt entry after the extension.

Thanks for the suggestions and information sir.

I'm not at all against getting a tourist visa and will if it is the only way.

I'm considering visiting Angkor Wat for a few days, flying out and then back in to Bangkok. I realize that getting a tourist visa there isn't possible though.

What I'm asking is with a visa exempt stamp and with an extension on that stamp and then flying to see Angkor Wat will the folks at Suvarnabhumi Airport Immigration give me another visa exemption stamp on arrival? Wouldn't this be considered a out/in or border run, the very thing they are cracking down on?