Thailand backpacker death: Christina Annesley in mystery death on double Brit-murder island

Lite Beer

Foul play or not this retched [sic] piece of {deleted voluntarily} of Island REALLY does deserve its new name Death Island

RIP Christina (wish I'd met you before you went there I'd have tried like hell to talk you out of going there)

Lol ,bit rich coming from some wo i assume lives in Bangkok. If imagine more people die there in week then here in year..

Makes me laugh when people try to compare deaths in Koh Tao to larger cities and Islands, even trying to compare it to some cities in the US to try and justify their stance to promote Koh Tao

Here's a little more maths to do. Why does KT have the title 'Murder Island'

Look at the current stats its got for actual tourist murders, not talking about ex pats, locals or accidents I mean actual tourists who have been murdered. Now compare that to Phuket. Then you'll find out exactly why Koh Tao deserves its apt title used in the media.

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have noticed there is now a video on the great unwashed facebook page of the body arriving at the hospital.

They show a plastic bag with the drugs she was using inside. As can clearly be seen there is at least one tablet been taken out of the packet.

So I now am happy she died of a drugs and drink overdose, or as many on here call it a natural death.

Many thanks to the posters who believed from day one it was natural and sorry I doubted you.

According to the conspiracy theorists on this forum she has been murdered in cold blood, and Nomsod probably did it. And a biopsy will not be accepted because a Thai will conclude she died of natural causes or a mix of alcohol and drugs. The forensic doctor is working close with the mafia family on the island so this is another cover up.

This is what the conspiracy theorists will tell you when any foreigner dies on this island.

According to the conspiracy theorists on this forum she has been murdered in cold blood, and Nomsod probably did it. And a biopsy will not be accepted because a Thai will conclude she died of natural causes or a mix of alcohol and drugs. The forensic doctor is working close with the mafia family on the island so this is another cover up.

This is what the conspiracy theorists will tell you when any foreigner dies on this island.

There are scenarios where they could be correct.

Not this one, although....Thai will conclude she died of natural causes or a mix of alcohol and drugs... cannot be credible as it was a potential crime scene that was not visited by forensics before being re let within 15 minutes.

It is the despicable manner in which the authorities and residents conduct themselves which is vulgar and primitive that gets people theorising.

Foul play or not this retched [sic] piece of {deleted voluntarily} of Island REALLY does deserve its new name Death Island

RIP Christina (wish I'd met you before you went there I'd have tried like hell to talk you out of going there)

Lol ,bit rich coming from some wo i assume lives in Bangkok. If imagine more people die there in week then here in year..

Makes me laugh when people try to compare deaths in Koh Tao to larger cities and Islands, even trying to compare it to some cities in the US to try and justify their stance to promote Koh Tao

Look at the current stats its got for actual tourist murders, not talking about ex pats, locals or accidents I mean actual tourists who have been murdered. Now compare that to Phuket. Then you'll find out exactly why Koh Tao deserves its apt title used in the media.

Let's see, Koh Tao, two murders of foreign tourist in the last ten years, what's the number for Phuket over ten years, you say you've seen statistics, but don't produce them. Never mind, happy to oblige:

Quick search, one example per year:

August 2005 A British man has confessed to the brutal murder of his girlfriend on the Thai resort island of Phuket

16 March 2008 - 20 comments Swedish national Hanna Charlotta Backlund, 26, was found murdered at Mai Khao in Phuket on Saturday.

PHUKET, Thailand (8 May 2009)— A Swiss woman was found dead on a beach in Krabi where she may have been strangled and robbed.

Aug 15, 2010 An American tourist was killed on the Thai island of Phuket after a British man allegedly picked a fight with him at a bar, followed him back to his hotel and stabbed him to death, police said Sunday.

August 2011 PHUKET: Phuket City Police have confirmed to the Phuket Gazette that two Swedish men have been arrested in connection with the stabbing murder yesterday of Maksim Schantz.

June 21, 2012 POLICE are hunting two killers who knifed to death a 60-year-old Perth travel agent in a bag-snatch gone wrong on the Thai holiday island of Phuket last night.

August 2013 PHUKET: An American was stabbed to death early today in a bar in the Thai holiday province of Krabi because he refused to stopped singing

April 26, 2014- PHUKET: Chalong Police have arrested at least one Myanmar national in connection with the killing of French tourist Fabrice Boigeol, 37, who was found slain in his rented Phuket bungalow on April 18.

And so on and so forth. I guess that's the reason you just made claims about statistics without actually substantiating your allegations.

Of course that's just tourists, Phuket Wan (that can't be linked) lists two murders of foreigners in the first half of 2014 only.

For what is worth: "Crime statistics compiled by the Phuket Provincial Police reveal 45 murders and 310 cases of manslaughter on the resort island in 2009"

A series of posts degrading into a flaming session removed along with some posts that quoted it.

Please keep it on the topic and not each other.

Thank you.

---EDIT---

...and then, within minutes, we had a volunteer for a holiday. Everybody else please take note of my advice above and keep the debate on topic and not each other.

Let's see, Koh Tao, two murders of foreign tourist in the last ten years, what's the number for Phuket over ten years, you say you've seen statistics, but don't produce them. Never mind, happy to oblige:

August 2005 A British man has confessed to the brutal murder of his girlfriend on the Thai resort island of Phuket

16 March 2008 - 20 comments Swedish national Hanna Charlotta Backlund, 26, was found murdered at Mai Khao in Phuket on Saturday.

PHUKET, Thailand (8 May 2009)— A Swiss woman was found dead on a beach in Krabi where she may have been strangled and robbed.

Aug 15, 2010 An American tourist was killed on the Thai island of Phuket after a British man allegedly picked a fight with him at a bar, followed him back to his hotel and stabbed him to death, police said Sunday.

August 2011 PHUKET: Phuket City Police have confirmed to the Phuket Gazette that two Swedish men have been arrested in connection with the stabbing murder yesterday of Maksim Schantz.

June 21, 2012 POLICE are hunting two killers who knifed to death a 60-year-old Perth travel agent in a bag-snatch gone wrong on the Thai holiday island of Phuket last night.

August 2013 PHUKET: An American was stabbed to death early today in a bar in the Thai holiday province of Krabi because he refused to stopped singing

April 26, 2014- PHUKET: Chalong Police have arrested at least one Myanmar national in connection with the killing of French tourist Fabrice Boigeol, 37, who was found slain in his rented Phuket bungalow on April 18.

And so on and so forth. I guess that's the reason you just made claims about statistics without actually substantiating your allegations.

Of course that's just tourists, Phuket Wan (that can't be linked) lists two murders of foreigners in the first half of 2014 only.

For what is worth: "Crime statistics compiled by the Phuket Provincial Police reveal 45 murders and 310 cases of manslaughter on the resort island in 2009"

Look at the current stats its got for actual tourist murders, not talking about ex pats, locals or accidents I mean actual tourists who have been murdered

Thank you for the confirmation of some tourist murders in Phuket between the years of 2005 to 2014.

Krabi is not Phuket so we'll leave both of those out.

The 2 Swedish men arrested for the stabbing murder were not tourists nor was the victim they were expats

The expat in Phuket who killed his girlfriend was not a tourist he was a bar owner

So that leaves a total of 4 tourist murders in Phuket from 2005 to the present

How many tourists in Phuket that period? 36 million about?

How many tourists in Koh Tao that period? 1.8 million tops

Now do the maths again

and ok, the german girl didn't like the ways the body was moved…what is her experience of seeing dead bodies being moved ?if she is a nurse, medic or doctor then fine, if not, does she know a wrong or right way, i would imagine she would be upset at hearing of a death and any site of a dead body would be disturbing in its self.

you also have to remember this is thailand and not Europe, death is not treated the same, i have never seen dead bodies shown on the news back home but here they are. it just a cultural difference.

Yes indeedy! Mutilated dead bodies are not obscene, but a pair of bare boobs is?

UPDATE:

Autopsy detects no sign of attack on British backpacker

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/794722-autopsy-detects-no-sign-of-an-attack-on-british-koh-tao-backpacker/

I hope this autopsy report will make an end to all the speculations so the victims family can get some peace and try to get on with their lifes.

Look at the current stats its got for actual tourist murders, not talking about ex pats, locals or accidents I mean actual tourists who have been murdered

Thank you for the confirmation of some tourist murders in Phuket between the years of 2005 to 2014.

The 2 Swedish men arrested for the stabbing murder were not tourists nor was the victim they were expats

The expat in Phuket who killed his girlfriend was not a tourist he was a bar owner

Now do the maths again

I didn't claim the list to be a complete dossier on every single murder of tourists in Phuket for the last ten years.

You claimed that Koh Tao is more deathly than Phuket based on "statistics", I say you based that on hot air, because you have neither provided statistics for Phuket or Koh Tao to support your claim.

UPDATE:

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/794722-autopsy-detects-no-sign-of-an-attack-on-british-koh-tao-backpacker/

I hope this autopsy report will make an end to all the speculations so the victims family can get some peace and try to get on with their lifes.

As if... A hallmark of a conspiracy theory is the use of closed "logical" loops to reinforce the belief, so the autopsy will be declared a fraud, because that's what they would do to hide The Truth. How do they know they would do that? Because they want to hide The Truth, therefore they would manufacture a fake autopsy report... and so on and so forth.

What are the psychological forces at play in conspiracy thinking?

Basically what’s happening in any conspiracy theory is that people have a need or a motivation to believe in this theory, and it’s psychologically different from evidence-based thinking. A conspiracy theory is immune to evidence, and that can pretty well serve as the definition of one. If you reject evidence, or reinterpret the evidence to be confirmation of your theory, or you ignore mountains of evidence to focus on just one thing, you’re probably a conspiracy theorist. We call that a self-sealing nature of reasoning.

Now do the maths again

If you would have taken the time to read the actual links, you would have seen that those two that give Krabi as the location, narrow it down to Phuket in the article. The first murder was of a UK tourist that had previously owned a bar in Phuket.

Besides that, I didn't claim the list to be a complete dossier on every single murder of tourists in Phuket for the last ten years.

You claimed that Koh Tao is more deathly than Phuket based on "statistics", I say you based that on hot air, because you have neither provided statistics for Phuket or Koh Tao to support your claim.

I did read the articles

An American was stabbed to death early today in a bar in the Thai holiday province of Krabi because he refused to stopped singing, police said.The man’s son, who was also singing with his father, was seriously wounded in the attack at the Long Horn Saloon in Ao Nang, a coastal resort town.https://democracyforburma.wordpress.com/2013/08/01/american-murdered-in-krabi-son-knifed-in-long-horn-saloon-tragedy/

PHUKET, Thailand (8 May 2009)— A Swiss woman was found dead on a beach in Krabi where she may have been strangled and robbed. Edith Jungen, believed to be in her 30s, was found in shallow water on Noppharat Beach in Tambon Ao Nang in Krabi's Muang district. http://www.topix.com/forum/world/united-kingdom/TSSN25C2ODVIE58M7

Both above occurred in Krabi, better you read them again yourself, the bodies were taken to Phuket Hospital.

The statistics are there for all to see my claim has already been proven by you, actually you found one more murder than I was aware of.

The facts remain the same which was the basis of my claim and that which you decided to respond to:

Koh Tao "Murder Island"

UPDATE:

Well at least you yourself can stop reading the thread now you are content with the findings. Unless the victim's family read discussion forums such as this one and certain FB pages regarding their daughter's death then they shouldn't have a problem 'getting some peace and getting on with their lives'. And if they chose to look as such discussion forums then I'm sure they won't be doing it under duress.

Personally I will only be content with the truth of this death once an autopsy has been carried out in the UK, where her body will not be stored unfrozen at some temple and transported in the back of a pick up truck.

Your mantras continue to be as hollow and RTP inspired as in the discussions on Hannah and David's murders. I can't imagine what your motivation for being on these threads is.

actually longstebe..some have actually accused and used names…thats slightly more than just a discussion, i would have thought those comment would /should have been removed by admin to be honest

ps, i am calm,

If you mean being calm is to insult maybe half of the posters, not my opinion of being calm and if you knew anything about psychology then you would have known about provoking and insulting stems from an upset mind, so please, spare me the BS.

It's pretty clear you are upset, but I really don't get it, shouldn't you be more upset about the RTP than the posters here speculating? I mean if you really cared what's going on in Thailand.

In my opinion, the only thing most posters here want is to exclude any wrongdoings concerning her death, but when The RTP keep messing things up, less and less people believe the official story.

Anyone speculating about natural causes in my view have lost their brain cells, the question is NOT how she died, the REAL question is what are the RTP going to do in order for us to believe them.

They either don't live in Thailand or actually live on the island KT with vested interests.

Of course the reason of Christina death is important, but only for her family and friends, for us, the need to feel safe where we live.

This is how it is, like it or not, I live here in Thailand but not on Koh Tao, I live in Phuket, I have invested in Thailand and I do care about my investment, but for the long term.

If these irregular deaths starts to occur elsewhere in LOS in a too high number and regularity, I will probably lose my investment, but I can take it, as long as me and my family are Ok and I will move out to a safer country.

I couldn't care less what happens with the people in Koh Tao but I do care about safety in Thailand, not for anyone else but myself and my family.

Sounds harsh, doesn't it, there's just one snag with my reasoning, I have a great heart, at least I think so, I would never wish another person harm, not even my enemies, although I don't have many.

Unnatural causes of deaths are too many here in LOS and I know alcohol contributes to most of them, but the other ones not involving alcohol or drugs are way, way to high in numbers anyway, compared to most countries.

Another thing is I have two daughters and another son and I know them too well, they would like to go to Koh Phangan or Koh Tao for full moon parties, my oldest is soon too old to go and my youngest is too young at the moment.

Even if it's a fools dream, I still have a dream that Thailand would be safe for young girls and boys to experience what I did in my youth, party, travelling alone, meeting different people with different culture and backgrounds doing so, sleeping on the beach and be safe to do it all, without fear of being raped, beaten up, robbed or killed.

And my daughters and son will probably have children of their own, which makes it again, crucial we have a society we can trust and feel safe, at least as much as we possibly can and don't give up the dream to have a wonderful life.

That way they would grow into people with tolerance and warmth towards each other, yes I know, some are born bad and they will destroy some of that, but I truly think my generation have more tolerance and love within, than any other because we could hitch hike, party all night, have a one night stand or not, and survive, not even being involved in a fight, which was actually VERY rare to happen, whether it was Barbados, Spain, Greece or Sweden.

Of course things happened when I was at that age but like I said, it was very rare.

Who wouldn't want that, the only people I know wouldn't are the ones benefitting from the violence, robberies, scams and whatnot.

Know one thing, the benefit committing a murder or rape based the need to feel superior, even domestic violence is based on that.

I have simplified the reasons but in majority, it's damaged people with VERY low self esteem committing most crimes.

I don't have any proof but surely, do I need any, just read some of the literature that exists about the subject, or the references that exists in physiatry classes all around the world.

Google, Yahoo are wonderful tools finding references about this subject.

I'm a dreamer, I was born that way, but I truly believe people can make wonders sticking together against atrocities and try to do the best they can with their lives, if you don't believe in that, too bad but in that case I KNOW more than you, because I have experienced it.

Before any of you disillusioned guys out there starts picking my words out of context, please read again and try to use sensitivity what I try to convey with my posts, if that's not enough, read again and I'm sure you will find your own truths about yourself at one point.

If people would analyze their own thoughts and hatred posts, they might realise something about themselves and probably most of the time it's all about yourself, your short comings, your bitterness, your lack of friends, your failure in life.

With "your" I don't only mean you, I mean us all.

Good post with a lot of truth in it. A bit off topic, but yes, I remember the "halcyon days" of the 60's , but unfortunately you can't turn the clock back. One of the main problems these days is not alcohol, (that has been around for centuries), but addictive drugs like heroin and "yabba", where the user will do almost anything to get their next "fix". And yes, I "experimented" with drugs when I was younger (pills, pot etc) but our generation were more interested in having a good time than kicking the s**t stuffing out of somebody.(And 4 to 5 on to 1 is not exclusively a Thai thing, by the way - it happens every weekend in every town centre in the UK - it's just that over here if a farang gets into a dust up with a Thai, then there are always a few Thai bystanders who will bale in to help out their fellow countryman, no matter who started the misunderstanding)

P,S. I would suggest that frank83628 finds his feet first before suggesting what TV admin should or shouldn't do!

UPDATE:

The TV armchair investigators giving up cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Even if there was an autopsy performed by a team of UK and US forensic pathologists, and the report published on this site, those people would find something to ridicule the results.

Keep up the wishful thinking, but you're on the wrong forum.

UPDATE:

As if... A hallmark of a conspiracy theory is the use of closed "logical" loops to reinforce the belief, so the autopsy will be declared a fraud, because that's what they would do to hide The Truth. How do they know they would do that? Because they want to hide The Truth, therefore they would manufacture a fake autopsy report... and so on and so forth.

Basically what’s happening in any conspiracy theory is that people have a need or a motivation to believe in this theory, and it’s psychologically different from evidence-based thinking. A conspiracy theory is immune to evidence, and that can pretty well serve as the definition of one. If you reject evidence, or reinterpret the evidence to be confirmation of your theory, or you ignore mountains of evidence to focus on just one thing, you’re probably a conspiracy theorist. We call that a self-sealing nature of reasoning.

What is that? The conspiracy theory of conspiracy thinkers. Where is the evidence to back this claim that people who believe in conspiracies all think this way?

For one thing, all the police forces in the world would be in big trouble if this were true. How many conspiracies are discovered every day by following a trail of evidence? None by your theory.

People do conspire and commit crimes all the time. Do you think organized crime doesn't exist? Do you think the CIA is just wasting it's time training spies?

It is so strange the term conspiracy has become synonymous with crazy? It is a term that describes one of humanities most common behaviors.

Perhaps they want us to believe there are no conspiracies... ?

Really, as many as one wants? Ok then do it and dispute my claim made in my original post on this subject, more than happy to have extra information to make the stats even more accurate than they already are.

What is that? The conspiracy theory of conspiracy thinkers. Where is the evidence to back this claim that people who believe in conspiracies all think this way?

For one thing, all the police forces in the world would be in big trouble if this were true. How many conspiracies are discovered every day by following a trail of evidence? None by your theory.

People do conspire and commit crimes all the time. Do you think organized crime doesn't exist? Do you think the CIA is just wasting it's time training spies?

It is so strange the term conspiracy has become synonymous with crazy? It is a term that describes one of humanities most common behaviors.

Criminal conspiracies happen all the time, Watergate was a conspiracy, by the most powerful man on the world at the time... and it was busted practically immediately. That's what separates real conspiracies from Conspiracy Theories, the first is something that happens in the real world were actual facts can either prove them or not, the latter is an exercise in self deception completely independent of facts or logic.

Here's how the article defines them:

"A conspiracy theory is immune to evidence, and that can pretty well serve as the definition of one. If you reject evidence, or reinterpret the evidence to be confirmation of your theory, or you ignore mountains of evidence to focus on just one thing, you’re probably a conspiracy theorist"

Read the links on the article too, specially good is the research study that found that the more people believed in the theory that " Princess Diana faked her own death, the more they believed that she was murdered."

Now do the maths again

I didn't claim the list to be a complete dossier on every single murder of tourists in Phuket for the last ten years.

We are not concerned about the last 10 years - we are concerned about events over the last year, where the list of "accidental" deaths on Koh Tao seems disproportionately large for the size of the island, and the investigations into at least one of them has been shown to be amateurish and unprofessional to say the least, but of course you wouldn't care to admit that - would you?

If you would have taken the time to read the actual links, you would have seen that those two that give Krabi as the location, narrow it down to Phuket in the article. The first murder was of a UK tourist that had previously owned a bar in Phuket.

Besides that, I didn't claim the list to be a complete dossier on every single murder of tourists in Phuket for the last ten years.

I did read the articles

An American was stabbed to death early today in a bar in the Thai holiday province of Krabi because he refused to stopped singing, police said.The man’s son, who was also singing with his father, was seriously wounded in the attack at the Long Horn Saloon in Ao Nang, a coastal resort town.https://democracyforburma.wordpress.com/2013/08/01/american-murdered-in-krabi-son-knifed-in-long-horn-saloon-tragedy/

PHUKET, Thailand (8 May 2009)— A Swiss woman was found dead on a beach in Krabi where she may have been strangled and robbed. Edith Jungen, believed to be in her 30s, was found in shallow water on Noppharat Beach in Tambon Ao Nang in Krabi's Muang district. http://www.topix.com/forum/world/united-kingdom/TSSN25C2ODVIE58M7

Both above occurred in Krabi, better you read them again yourself, the bodies were taken to Phuket Hospital.

The statistics are there for all to see my claim has already been proven by you, actually you found one more murder than I was aware of.

The facts remain the same which was the basis of my claim and that which you decided to respond to:

Koh Tao "Murder Island"

Well, my mistake, it was a quick search; now, were are this statistics that prove your point?

You said the statistics are there, but you don't show them.

I'm really interested because I don't know much about statistics, but a sample of one double murder in ten years is what, I believe, is called an anomaly, not a statistical significant data point.

So, what is this statistical analysis you made and based on what data? Extra points if you present your credential vis-a-vis statistical analysis.

We are not concerned about the last 10 years - we are concerned about events over the last year, where the list of "accidental" deaths on Koh Tao seems disproportionately large for the size of the island, and the investigations into at least one of them has been shown to be amateurish and unprofessional to say the least, but of course you wouldn't care to admit that - would you?

I see, you want to support the notion that Koh Tao is more deadly than Phuket but you don't want to look at actual facts?

No surprise.

For what is worth, I don't think either one is statistically worse than the other or any other tourist destination in Thailand.

I did read the articles

Koh Tao "Murder Island"

Well, my mistake, it was a quick search; now, were are this statistics that prove your point?

You said the statistics are there, but you don't show them.

I'm really interested because I don't know much about statistics, but a sample of one double murder in ten years is what, I believe, is called an anomaly, not a statistical significant data point.

So, what is this statistical analysis you made and based on what data? Extra points if you present your credential vis-a-vis statistical analysis.

You found the links yourself, sometimes things are obvious and if you still need proof then I suggest you go and find it. If you want to disprove my claim then go ahead my claim is what it is as you see it and as you responded to it.

Since 2005

How many tourist murders in Phuket same period: 5

How many toursit murders in KT same period: 2

Statistically speaking then Phuket is safer for tourists to go assuming they want to avoid being murdered, simple as that. Call at an anomaly, call it anything you want the fact remains the same, I know you'll use anything possible to dispute what is clear to see. If you wish to dispute based on facts then go ahead, if you wish to dispute it based on your opinion thats also your choice. I do expect it from you

Criminal conspiracies happen all the time, Watergate was a conspiracy, by the most powerful man on the world at the time... and it was busted practically immediately. That's what separates real conspiracies from Conspiracy Theories, the first is something that happens in the real world were actual facts can either prove them or not, the latter is an exercise in self deception completely independent of facts or logic.

Here's how the article defines them:

"A conspiracy theory is immune to evidence, and that can pretty well serve as the definition of one. If you reject evidence, or reinterpret the evidence to be confirmation of your theory, or you ignore mountains of evidence to focus on just one thing, you’re probably a conspiracy theorist"

Read the links on the article too, specially good is the research study that found that the more people believed in the theory that " Princess Diana faked her own death, the more they believed that she was murdered."

But there you go again, a conspiracy theory is not necessarily a fallacy. But you make it seem as so. Who gets to say which evidence is the smoking gun. usually it seems to be a court of public opinion that makes the call.

Anyhow, this is the wrong thread for this debate. We have very little evidence to discuss here.

How many tourists are stupid enough to still go to this island?

And how could she spend 60GBP (3,000bht) on antibiotics?

Easy to spend 3k baht on antibiotics if you have to take them prophylactically for a long running or recurring chest infection AA. One newspaper report (we are not allowed to link to) reported she was suffering from long running chest infections and she had been communicating with family and friends how it was getting her down).

Augmentin is a fairly common chest infection antibiotic. In the right pharmacy in Bangkok its 280 baht for only 3.5 days supply, but in a regional city Big C it can be as much as 350 baht. God alone knows how much it would be on a remote tourist island.

She was travelling, so possibly had to stack up a couple of months supply. Either that or she was combination antibiotics which could have easily been 3k baht for just a few weeks.

When you have a serious infection the usual norm of taking an antibiotic for say 10 days goes out of the window.

Have I done enough to scotch that part of your conspiracy inclinations?

[Long term chest infection sufferer!]

Archived