Thailand backpacker death: Christina Annesley in mystery death on double Brit-murder island

Lite Beer

How do you know I know this? Another wild speculative statement.

Where does she recant her earlier statements??

Who deleted her posts, how do you know it was her and not the facebook admin of which obviously there is one as other posts have also been deleted. ??

She didn't recant anything, just closed down her FB.

Arta Ad was an eyewitness after they found Christina in her room.

She expressed her reaction to something she apparently found appalling, a few days after, she closed down her FB as she didn't write or abuse anyone on her FB pages.

In my opinion, she was told to recant or close down her FB by someone on the island as she obviously was on KT when she wrote her post.

footnote: My family and I are going on a mini holiday soon and by just being curious, I went to Agoda so look for somewhere to stay, but also checked out Koh Tao.

Many resorts and hotels along Phang Nga, Hua Hin has very few rooms left, but Koh Tao had a lot of rooms to offer, which made me aware of how Koh Taos serious business men/women are being hurt by the last years tragic events.

I really have empathy for them and hope they can ride out the storm until the officials on KT can clear out the island and start to rebuild their reputation.

Gen. Prayuth should make sure the whole gang of RTP are replaced, people guilty of rape, murder and violence are found, tried and gone to jail and also made sure that people can walk around safe at night and sleep safe in their beds.

I, personally, will wait with my opinion with the cause of death for the little girl, Christina until the UK autopsy clears out any wrongdoings.

I must admit, because of a few posters here provoking me and others with comments, ranging from silly to plain stupid, I do have a hard time NOT to publish my opinion.

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually longstebe..some have actually accused and used names…thats slightly more than just a discussion, i would have thought those comment would /should have been removed by admin to be honest

ps, i am calm,

If you mean being calm is to insult maybe half of the posters, not my opinion of being calm and if you knew anything about psychology then you would have known about provoking and insulting stems from an upset mind, so please, spare me the BS.

It's pretty clear you are upset, but I really don't get it, shouldn't you be more upset about the RTP than the posters here speculating? I mean if you really cared what's going on in Thailand.

In my opinion, the only thing most posters here want is to exclude any wrongdoings concerning her death, but when The RTP keep messing things up, less and less people believe the official story.

Anyone speculating about natural causes in my view have lost their brain cells, the question is NOT how she died, the REAL question is what are the RTP going to do in order for us to believe them.

They either don't live in Thailand or actually live on the island KT with vested interests.

Of course the reason of Christina death is important, but only for her family and friends, for us, the need to feel safe where we live.

This is how it is, like it or not, I live here in Thailand but not on Koh Tao, I live in Phuket, I have invested in Thailand and I do care about my investment, but for the long term.

If these irregular deaths starts to occur elsewhere in LOS in a too high number and regularity, I will probably lose my investment, but I can take it, as long as me and my family are Ok and I will move out to a safer country.

I couldn't care less what happens with the people in Koh Tao but I do care about safety in Thailand, not for anyone else but myself and my family.

Sounds harsh, doesn't it, there's just one snag with my reasoning, I have a great heart, at least I think so, I would never wish another person harm, not even my enemies, although I don't have many.

Unnatural causes of deaths are too many here in LOS and I know alcohol contributes to most of them, but the other ones not involving alcohol or drugs are way, way to high in numbers anyway, compared to most countries.

Another thing is I have two daughters and another son and I know them too well, they would like to go to Koh Phangan or Koh Tao for full moon parties, my oldest is soon too old to go and my youngest is too young at the moment.

Even if it's a fools dream, I still have a dream that Thailand would be safe for young girls and boys to experience what I did in my youth, party, travelling alone, meeting different people with different culture and backgrounds doing so, sleeping on the beach and be safe to do it all, without fear of being raped, beaten up, robbed or killed.

And my daughters and son will probably have children of their own, which makes it again, crucial we have a society we can trust and feel safe, at least as much as we possibly can and don't give up the dream to have a wonderful life.

That way they would grow into people with tolerance and warmth towards each other, yes I know, some are born bad and they will destroy some of that, but I truly think my generation have more tolerance and love within, than any other because we could hitch hike, party all night, have a one night stand or not, and survive, not even being involved in a fight, which was actually VERY rare to happen, whether it was Barbados, Spain, Greece or Sweden.

Of course things happened when I was at that age but like I said, it was very rare.

Who wouldn't want that, the only people I know wouldn't are the ones benefitting from the violence, robberies, scams and whatnot.

Know one thing, the benefit committing a murder or rape based the need to feel superior, even domestic violence is based on that.

I have simplified the reasons but in majority, it's damaged people with VERY low self esteem committing most crimes.

I don't have any proof but surely, do I need any, just read some of the literature that exists about the subject, or the references that exists in physiatry classes all around the world.

Google, Yahoo are wonderful tools finding references about this subject.

I'm a dreamer, I was born that way, but I truly believe people can make wonders sticking together against atrocities and try to do the best they can with their lives, if you don't believe in that, too bad but in that case I KNOW more than you, because I have experienced it.

Before any of you disillusioned guys out there starts picking my words out of context, please read again and try to use sensitivity what I try to convey with my posts, if that's not enough, read again and I'm sure you will find your own truths about yourself at one point.

If people would analyze their own thoughts and hatred posts, they might realise something about themselves and probably most of the time it's all about yourself, your short comings, your bitterness, your lack of friends, your failure in life.

With "your" I don't only mean you, I mean us all.

The thing is that there is no evidence that rapes, murder, domestic violence, child abuse etc are increasing in 99% of the world. There is a lot of evidence to suggest it is the same or actually decreasing. However, sensational newsreporting is to blame for the increased perception of the dangers of the world. The vast majority of people that today do the things you did, feel completely safe doing it, just as you felt then. You feel you were more correct in your feeling of safety but in truth there was an equally miniscule chance that your "reckless" behaviour would have terrible consequences.

Who deleted her posts, how do you know it was her and not the facebook admin of which obviously there is one as other posts have also been deleted. ??

She expressed her reaction to something she apparently found appalling, a few days after, she closed down her FB as she didn't write or abuse anyone on her FB pages.

Arta Ad posted the comments on Christinas FB page, removed her comments, and apologized for them. Christina's FB page is still not closed.

Arta Ad I am sorry maybe i was too much in shock and don´t realize what happened. I ´m sorry for the Family.

Arta Ad posted the comments on Christinas FB page, removed her comments, and apologized for them. Christina's FB page is still not closed.

Arta Ad I am sorry maybe i was too much in shock and don´t realize what happened. I ´m sorry for the Family.

After being publicly threatened with libel. Who knows what kind of private threats she may have received. Not exactly damning evidence that she was lying or mistaken in what she saw.

After being publicly threatened with libel. Who knows what kind of private threats she may have received. Not exactly damning evidence that she was lying or mistaken in what she saw.

Yeah right, on Koh Tao ALL tourists are murdered, ALL witnesses threatened and forced to publicly retract their previous statements, even if they have since traveled to the other side of the world, and Nomsod is a serial murderer.

Keep the agenda high my friend.

Ok guys,

I think this has gone far enough. A young girl died, quite possibly from binge drinking allied with drugs. The whys and wherefores are not really important at this point.

My heart goes out to her and her family, she did not deserve to die, but, being 23 years old implies not having the experience to meter responsibility.

Here we are, more than 500 posts all related to this poor kid and we are now attacking each other. None of you knew her, I didn't know her either but I have to say that this has gone too far. It is not right to allow a discussion of her accident to decay to this level.

Remember the death of a young lady, not your own grievances and let this die just as she did.

actually longstebe..some have actually accused and used names…thats slightly more than just a discussion, i would have thought those comment would /should have been removed by admin to be honest

ps, i am calm,

If you mean being calm is to insult maybe half of the posters, not my opinion of being calm and if you knew anything about psychology then you would have known about provoking and insulting stems from an upset mind, so please, spare me the BS.

It's pretty clear you are upset, but I really don't get it, shouldn't you be more upset about the RTP than the posters here speculating? I mean if you really cared what's going on in Thailand.

In my opinion, the only thing most posters here want is to exclude any wrongdoings concerning her death, but when The RTP keep messing things up, less and less people believe the official story.

Anyone speculating about natural causes in my view have lost their brain cells, the question is NOT how she died, the REAL question is what are the RTP going to do in order for us to believe them.

They either don't live in Thailand or actually live on the island KT with vested interests.

Of course the reason of Christina death is important, but only for her family and friends, for us, the need to feel safe where we live.

This is how it is, like it or not, I live here in Thailand but not on Koh Tao, I live in Phuket, I have invested in Thailand and I do care about my investment, but for the long term.

If these irregular deaths starts to occur elsewhere in LOS in a too high number and regularity, I will probably lose my investment, but I can take it, as long as me and my family are Ok and I will move out to a safer country.

I couldn't care less what happens with the people in Koh Tao but I do care about safety in Thailand, not for anyone else but myself and my family.

Sounds harsh, doesn't it, there's just one snag with my reasoning, I have a great heart, at least I think so, I would never wish another person harm, not even my enemies, although I don't have many.

Unnatural causes of deaths are too many here in LOS and I know alcohol contributes to most of them, but the other ones not involving alcohol or drugs are way, way to high in numbers anyway, compared to most countries.

Another thing is I have two daughters and another son and I know them too well, they would like to go to Koh Phangan or Koh Tao for full moon parties, my oldest is soon too old to go and my youngest is too young at the moment.

Even if it's a fools dream, I still have a dream that Thailand would be safe for young girls and boys to experience what I did in my youth, party, travelling alone, meeting different people with different culture and backgrounds doing so, sleeping on the beach and be safe to do it all, without fear of being raped, beaten up, robbed or killed.

And my daughters and son will probably have children of their own, which makes it again, crucial we have a society we can trust and feel safe, at least as much as we possibly can and don't give up the dream to have a wonderful life.

That way they would grow into people with tolerance and warmth towards each other, yes I know, some are born bad and they will destroy some of that, but I truly think my generation have more tolerance and love within, than any other because we could hitch hike, party all night, have a one night stand or not, and survive, not even being involved in a fight, which was actually VERY rare to happen, whether it was Barbados, Spain, Greece or Sweden.

Of course things happened when I was at that age but like I said, it was very rare.

Who wouldn't want that, the only people I know wouldn't are the ones benefitting from the violence, robberies, scams and whatnot.

Know one thing, the benefit committing a murder or rape based the need to feel superior, even domestic violence is based on that.

I have simplified the reasons but in majority, it's damaged people with VERY low self esteem committing most crimes.

I don't have any proof but surely, do I need any, just read some of the literature that exists about the subject, or the references that exists in physiatry classes all around the world.

Google, Yahoo are wonderful tools finding references about this subject.

I'm a dreamer, I was born that way, but I truly believe people can make wonders sticking together against atrocities and try to do the best they can with their lives, if you don't believe in that, too bad but in that case I KNOW more than you, because I have experienced it.

Before any of you disillusioned guys out there starts picking my words out of context, please read again and try to use sensitivity what I try to convey with my posts, if that's not enough, read again and I'm sure you will find your own truths about yourself at one point.

If people would analyze their own thoughts and hatred posts, they might realise something about themselves and probably most of the time it's all about yourself, your short comings, your bitterness, your lack of friends, your failure in life.

With "your" I don't only mean you, I mean us all.

The thing is that there is no evidence that rapes, murder, domestic violence, child abuse etc are increasing in 99% of the world. There is a lot of evidence to suggest it is the same or actually decreasing. However, sensational newsreporting is to blame for the increased perception of the dangers of the world. The vast majority of people that today do the things you did, feel completely safe doing it, just as you felt then. You feel you were more correct in your feeling of safety but in truth there was an equally miniscule chance that your "reckless" behaviour would have terrible consequences.

Sorry Lorn, the numbers are much, much higher now than before, 3 million people in jail as of now and growing in the US.

It's close to impossible to count in numbers how many there are as nowadays, people don't report as frequent when a crime is committed against them.

Only in Thailand some believe that 1 in 4 women has been raped and 2 in 5, has been beaten up by a family member, husband, boyfriend or stranger.

Don't have any proof, only estimated numbers from people working with assaulted female victims, if anyone want, I can get you in touch with these people up in Chiang Mai.

There's no point anymore to report an attack for instance if there aren't any witnesses and more evidence as the police won't do anything anyway.

I've got 5 cops back home as friends, and I know their despair of not being able to handle all the cases that lands on their desks.

Off-topic, inflammatory posts, personal attack posts and replies removed.

Please stay on the topic of the thread. That means addressing the issues presented in the post, not in making comments to or about other posters. Doing so is off-topic and your post will be removed and you could face a suspension.

You have every right to express your opinion about the topic. You may disagree, but it must be done in a civil manner.

I wouldn't be surprised if the lads on the island now feel a certain kind of immunity, knowing it is possible to get away with murder.

It's a big stop on the backpacker trail, and most of those people just follow the Lonely Planet guide and don't want to hear about negative things like this.

News like this is countered with "well, my friend went there and he lived."

You don't know that pennywrite.

There were 3 bottles in her room not empty. She has not been examined. Nobody knows what she died from. She could have had a brain anurysm or she may have been suffocated. Why was she not dressed. Why was the worker in her room so early. Why was the cause of death determined before she has been examined. People who say she overdosed, just need to pull in their horns, for a day or 2.???

Whilst I agree with most of your posts, I disagree that there would have been bottles, meds are always sold in plastic zip seal bags with instructions and names of the drugs in Thai..Maybe the best thing we can hope for out of this sad incident is that all Pharmacy's will not be allowed to dish out whatever people want as long as they have the cash...Because despite the laws changing some years back, it still happens often..

Off-topic, threatening, inflammatory posts and replies removed.

Please stay on the topic of the thread. That means addressing the issues presented in the post, not in making comments to or about other posters. Doing so is off-topic and your post will be removed and you could face a suspension. Digging through other member's posts and bringing them up on the forum can be considered stalking and it is against the forum rules.

You have every right to express your opinion about the topic. You may disagree, but it must be done in a civil manner.

thaiandchill…i thought i explained in one of my very first posts the 'you' meant the group of 'you' that keeps dragging this thread on with your absurd theories and now just repeating yourselves with nothing of any value or importance.

i believe the guy that said this post should be closed is correct, there is nothing here to say as nobody knows anything and now its just people clutching at straws and bickering with each other or posting 'stats' from other countries..

i dont know how far along this is but maybe people should wait for these results..which by the way would be FACTS!!

the bangkok post have said this...

Medication suspected in Koh Tao death

AFP reports that a British backpacker who was found dead on a popular Thai tourist island had consumed a potentially fatal combination of alcohol and Valium, police said
Tuesday citing preliminary autopsy data.

when i added @ and your name, that was me asking you directly.

thaiandchill…i thought i explained in one of my very first posts the 'you' meant the group of 'you' that keeps dragging this thread on with your absurd theories and now just repeating yourselves with nothing of any value or importance.

i believe the guy that said this post should be closed is correct, there is nothing here to say as nobody knows anything and now its just people clutching at straws and bickering with each other or posting 'stats' from other countries..

i dont know how far along this is but maybe people should wait for these results..which by the way would be FACTS!!

the bangkok post have said this...

Medication suspected in Koh Tao death

AFP reports that a British backpacker who was found dead on a popular Thai tourist island had consumed a potentially fatal combination of alcohol and Valium, police said

Tuesday citing preliminary autopsy data.

when i added @ and your name, that was me asking you directly.

I'm quite aware of what the police have reported and if you had bothered to make an actual quote from one of my posts then you would have seen my view on that and it does not disagree with it.

If your going to address me as a group of posters then I would suggest you do like everybody else, if you have a disagreement with a particular poster then do so with that poster not somebody else, I cannot speak on their behalf

RIP!

I have said this before, the island has a serial killer. And he is just enjoying this!! Expecting another? WAKE UP THAILAND AND DO SOMETHING!!!

Just what I have been thinking, a serial killer or gang led by a nutcase serial killer who gains more power every time he/ or they kill.

Because they are being protected by corruption / mafia.

I don't think responsible for all six deaths but the 15 m fall , the GB 2 and the French suicide hands tied and the latest poor girl look to be very suspicious.

Can someone post the full story about the lead up to annessley's death the 2 fighting over her and being found naked sound very suspicious and there is a huge lacking again of proper police and forensic investigation.

Still no news on the final autopsy report? I wonder why they make announcements that they would be delivered on Thursday and miss the deadline with no comment? Guess we just have to wait and see.

The autopsy will not however be the be all and end all of this as much as the RTP may wish it to be. Currently we have it indicating that Valium and alcohol were found in the body and theres no reason to doubt that, what else may turn up is to still be determined, however whatever it is then the official announcement on death will I presume be made in Thailand, but not where Christina comes from in the UK. If her body is returned there then I have no doubt that an inquest will be heard and then the official UK stance on the death will be delivered by a small preset group of terms and/or a narrative. That inquest should have access to the RTP investigation (has there been an effective one? This is a concern for me). The coroner will then give the official legally binding UK cause of death if indeed it can make that decision without reasonable doubt.

For one that is when I will be satisfied with the outcome, it does not however necessarily mean there will be closure for the families or anyone else, the inquest is not an investigation nor can it lay blame, it can only make a reasonable decision based on the evidence at hand. For those that will just rely on the autopsy and RTP explanation then that's your choice.

Heres a few references:

Narrative verdict/conclusion: (this is the most recent one 30th Jan yesterday)

The circumstances surrounding the death of a Welsh backpacker found hanged in a guest house in Thailand remains unclear, an inquest has ruled. Mr Layton added that “the question of intent remains unclear” and he recorded a narrative conclusion.http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/death-welsh-backpacker-jack-davies-8549103

Open Verdict

An open verdict has been recorded into the death of a man from Cornwall found hanging in a police cell in Thailand.Det Con Dan Skelton, of Devon and Cornwall Police, told the inquest Mr Whitaker had taken drugs but there was still a "gap in evidence". He said there was no mention in Thai police reports about the 400,000 baht and no information about any talks officers and Mr Whitaker had after Mr Meredew left. http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cornwall-28807790

open verdict – this means that the cause of death cannot be established and doubt remains as to how the deceased came to their death; http://www.inquest.org.uk/help/handbook/section-4-3-verdicts

Still no news on the final autopsy report? I wonder why they make announcements that they would be delivered on Thursday and miss the deadline with no comment? Guess we just have to wait and see.

Reminds me of the British Coroner's Office. They had been announcing for months that findings would be published on Jan 6 of this year (re; the 2 Brits murdered on KT in Sept.), and right before that date, they bumped the date to October '15, and even that's a big MAYBE, ....depending on whether they feel like publishing findings at that time (or at all).

Reminds me of the British Coroner's Office. They had been announcing for months that findings would be published on Jan 6 of this year (re; the 2 Brits murdered on KT in Sept.), and right before that date, they bumped the date to October '15, and even that's a big MAYBE, ....depending on whether they feel like publishing findings at that time (or at all).

Yes I know. I am as desperate as you to have that inquest heard, unfortunately I think the UK coroners office has their hands tied to wait until after the court case, going by this in their handbook: Coroners can request copies of post-mortem and police reports from the Thai authorities via the FCO in London. However, these will only be provided once any judicial proceedings are completed. This can take many months. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/284901/Information_Relating_to_Deaths_in_Thailand_Jan_2014_-_lastest_edition.pdf

If I remember rightly the UK coroner said in the last sitting they were waiting for the RTP report.

Werent further toxicology results due yesterday?

Back on topic, yes I heard yesterday also?

You would think they could keep to their word when they make official statements. No wonder they are not trusted. Making the report public would be a middle finger up to anyone claiming foul play, a told you so if you like, but nothing!

If the cocktail of medicine on the bedside had been consumed it would be conclusive. I am aware of the consequences of taking valium and alcohol, tried it once myself and know people that abuse it still.

Could of killed her, maybe she was just unlucky, maybe!

Well , maybe the local media never asked for the final autopsy results ? It's not really hard for any journalist working at the island to contact them for an official report. Or maybe they think its not news worthy?

Yes I know. I am as desperate as you to have that inquest heard, unfortunately I think the UK coroners office has their hands tied to wait until after the court case, going by this in their handbook: Coroners can request copies of post-mortem and police reports from the Thai authorities via the FCO in London. However, these will only be provided once any judicial proceedings are completed. This can take many months. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/284901/Information_Relating_to_Deaths_in_Thailand_Jan_2014_-_lastest_edition.pdf

If I remember rightly the UK coroner said in the last sitting they were waiting for the RTP report.

Ok, I know how bureaucracy can tie itself in knots. I grew up in a diplomatic family and am aware of protocols for everything from which fork to use at dinner, to the proper way to zip up after taking a pee. However, with all this protocol, they're not noticing the 900 lb gorilla sitting in the middle of the kitchen. In other words, there's very likely several very dangerous men lurking around that island. To exacerbate the problem, they know they can get away with anything. ANYTHING. They're very well protected. One of the functions of gov't is for civil servants (those paid from taxpayer funds, which includes the PM), to protect taxpayers and all other citizens, ....AND visitors. In a nutshell, some Thai and British bureaucrats are not doing their jobs, and thereby continuing to endanger others.

RIP!

I have said this before, the island has a serial killer. And he is just enjoying this!! Expecting another? WAKE UP THAILAND AND DO SOMETHING!!!

Just what I have been thinking, a serial killer or gang led by a nutcase serial killer who gains more power every time he/ or they kill.

Because they are being protected by corruption / mafia.

I don't think responsible for all six deaths but the 15 m fall , the GB 2 and the French suicide hands tied and the latest poor girl look to be very suspicious.

Can someone post the full story about the lead up to annessley's death the 2 fighting over her and being found naked sound very suspicious and there is a huge lacking again of proper police and forensic investigation.

with regard to her being found naked, (which is not uncommon in a tropical climate), she herself posted that that was one of the reasons to get a bungalow of her own rather than share a hostel room…i think 'now i can walk around naked' was what she wrote on her own twitter or FB.

these deaths are not suspicious unless you have that conclusion in your mind to start with...

this whole serial killer nonsense is only being talked about with you guys on here, There were 2 murders in september, which were handled very badly buy the police, but that doesn't mean there is a 'protected' nutter roaming the streets praying on tourists..thats a bit far fetched.

can you honestly say that in the big picture of things that a family form a tiny island in the gulf of thailand would be allowed to tarnish the whole reputation of Thailand on a global scale?? i very much doubt this.

Well , maybe the local media never asked for the final autopsy results ? It's not really hard for any journalist working at the island to contact them for an official report. Or maybe they think its not news worthy?

journalist on island??

Next we have daily mail here 2.

Just to address the Lauren Hebden case. She has been spotted multiple times on the Island but refuses point blank to contact her family, even when asked to as they are worried about her.

She was seen leaving the Island yesterday morning on the 10am ferry to Samui.

Archived