'Democracy has died in Thailand today': Thai ex-PM Yingluck

webfact

The ammart have made a big mistake by inserting an ugly and ill-tempered simpleton. Thai people are charmed by good looks & a mild manner.

True, true, good looks and mild manner can get away with murder, 700 billion Baht losses, lying and cheating.

'rule of law' has no meaning for those especially when they're also Amply Rich and have a big, caring brother.

binjalin is dead right and a lot of posters here will soon get the Government they want and deserve.

Well done.

A couple of years later, 30 million disenfranchised Thai voters will make their voice heard and you won't like it.

Look at:

S. Korea.

H.K

Phils

Japan

Any country you care to name.

At some time in the future, the military will have to cede control.

At that point, expect ructions.

And it's got sod all to do with Thaksin or Yingluck.

Ah, so your post has nothing to do with the topic of Ms. Yingluck posting on facebook and even refering to her Ulan Batar speech which also had the remarks on her poor, persecuted brother ?

Shouldn't you try to find the correct topic then?

Your pedantic drivel is oh so tiresome.

• Like 2

the new prime minister just gave each rice farmer 1,000 baht for each rie of land they had up to 15,000 so what is the differant in what he did and what she did they both say they did what they did to help the rice farmer.

The current National Budget contains allocations for limited subsidies payable to farmers directly. Ms. Yingluck had a 'self-financing' scheme.. Had she elected to allocate 100 billion Baht in the National Budget for her scheme there would have been no real problem.

binjalin is dead right and a lot of posters here will soon get the Government they want and deserve.

Well done.

A couple of years later, 30 million disenfranchised Thai voters will make their voice heard and you won't like it.

Look at:

S. Korea.

H.K

Phils

Japan

Ah, so your post has nothing to do with the topic of Ms. Yingluck posting on facebook and even refering to her Ulan Batar speech which also had the remarks on her poor, persecuted brother ?

Well thank you for your kind words wai.gif

She tried to address the media but the dear leader sent in the Army to stifle one lone person. The dear leader only accepts what he preaches and the voice of others will not be accepted. People pay money for things like cable and satellite T.V to get away from this governments propaganda on free to air stations. What happens, the current government like North Korea take them over, interrupt what people have paid to watch and try to forcefully shove thier propaganda down people's throats

It would seem it was suggested that a public statement might have been against limitations put forward by the Martial Law. It's not as if she was going to pay respect to a dear departed Pheu Thai member.

Like her or hate her, she was ELECTED by the people.

A few possible replies to that

- She was party list candidate, people couldn't elect her as in vote for her

- allegedly people voted for Thaksin rather than his sister.

so if the Democrats had formed a government and Abhisit had become PM, would he have been elected?

The ammart have made a big mistake by inserting an ugly and ill-tempered simpleton. Thai people are charmed by good looks & a mild manner.

True, true, good looks and mild manner can get away with murder, 700 billion Baht losses, lying and cheating.

'rule of law' has no meaning for those especially when they're also Amply Rich and have a big, caring brother.

Was it Abhisit's good looks that got him away with murder?

No, it was that he was the military's puppet, bum-boy.

It is your subjective point of view as it is your opinion.

My subjective point of view is that Thai people failed to achieve a legal representation of their interests in a convincing way with the 2011 election, given 1/3 of the registered voters didn't even bother to show up and the Phuea Thai party got less than half of those that did show up.

The junta had nothing to do with that. One of the things the new political system will try to achieve is to get more people interested in elections at the grass root level.

yes it will be "you can vote for any of the candidates in your constituency as long as they are yellow" and THAT is what is going to happen (eventually). The ammart will put in laws and a constitution which blocks dissent and protest and ensures only there 'on message' stooges get elected

I like your confidence, 'it will be', 'will put', 'what is going to happen'.

Are you also good at predicting the Stock Exchange and share movements?

his predictions about the future are certainly more accurate than your revisionist history. wai2.gif

She tried to address the media but the dear leader sent in the Army to stifle one lone person. The dear leader only accepts what he preaches and the voice of others will not be accepted. People pay money for things like cable and satellite T.V to get away from this governments propaganda on free to air stations. What happens, the current government like North Korea take them over, interrupt what people have paid to watch and try to forcefully shove thier propaganda down people's throats

It would seem it was suggested that a public statement might have been against limitations put forward by the Martial Law. It's not as if she was going to pay respect to a dear departed Pheu Thai member.

yep her freedom of speech along with every other thai is ilegal. She was just impeached and rightfully so but she must be allowed to respond. I don't like this total repression of the Thai people. You may love people being stripped of a voice but I bet you would scream if you were stifled from expressing your opinion. Take from others but not from me is that your motor?

They should have waiting till the next day, although I can imagine they were relieved the last day of statements hadn't contained any surprises like Ms. Yingluck reading a 100 page statement listing all the warnings she had heeded, the corrections she has made, the long nightly sessions going over the accounts herself and so.

From the link you provided:

"Yingluck delivered her beginning as well as concluding discourses at the charge procedures ,however she decided not to respond to any specific asks from NLA membership . A set of individuals gave her absolutely no good credit on this .

In her discourses , Yingluck as well decided not to reply to any specific asks or to clarify uncertainties over the rice plan .

She generally attacked all that she stated was the National Anti-Corruption Commission's political intention in accusing her , an NLA insider mentioned ."

The lack of clear answers did her in it would seem. Maybe she will open up when the 'criminal negligence' case opens in the Supreme Court for Political Office Holders ?

• Like 2

yep her freedom of speech along with every other thai is ilegal. She was just impeached and rightfully so but she must be allowed to respond. I don't like this total repression of the Thai people. You may love people being stripped of a voice but I bet you would scream if you were stifled from expressing your opinion. Take from others but not from me is that your motor?

Doesn't this topic relate her facebook page with all her uncensored remarks?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well done.

Look at:

S. Korea.

H.K

Phils

Japan

Are you talking to yourself?

• Like 2

It is your subjective point of view as it is your opinion.

My subjective point of view is that Thai people failed to achieve a legal representation of their interests in a convincing way with the 2011 election, given 1/3 of the registered voters didn't even bother to show up and the Phuea Thai party got less than half of those that did show up.

The junta had nothing to do with that. One of the things the new political system will try to achieve is to get more people interested in elections at the grass root level.

yes it will be "you can vote for any of the candidates in your constituency as long as they are yellow" and THAT is what is going to happen (eventually). The ammart will put in laws and a constitution which blocks dissent and protest and ensures only there 'on message' stooges get elected

his predictions about the future are certainly more accurate than your revisionist history. wai2.gif

Indeed at times we seem to live in parallel universes with each their own history. For my universe which seems to be in harmony with the world which has TVF your stories seem strangely revised from the truth at times.

Of course his predictions about the future are not more accurate than my truthful descriptions of history.

BTW you just hint at, but do not explicitly call me a liar. Care to dig up what you think are 'revisionist history' pages I wrote ?

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2

Was it Abhisit's good looks that got him away with murder?

No, it was that he was the military's puppet, bum-boy.

Pray tell me, who did he murder, or is it just the responsibility you call murder, like the deaths which 'happened' under Ms. Yingluck's watch?

Shall we return to the topic?

• Like 1

Duplicate post (again), blanked on purpose.

What's the matter with the Internet or is it just my heavily surveilled connection here in Bangkok ?

Edited by rubl

Indeed at times we seem to live in parallel universes with each their own history. For my universe which seems to be in harmony with the world which has TVF your stories seem strangely revised from the truth at times.

Of course his predictions about the future are not more accurate than my truthful descriptions of history.

BTW you just hint at, but do not explicitly call me a liar. Care to dig up what you think are 'revisionist history' pages I wrote ?

my truthful descriptions of history.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

if you honestly believe your own revisionist history, is it lying?

Well thank you for your kind words wai.gif

You never know, if you keep licking yellow butt, they may grant you a spot in the NLA.

You are getting to be more explicitly insulting. Read up on forum rules I would suggest.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Democracy is a form of government based on four elements:

1. The citizens choose and replace the government through free and fair elections;
  2. There is active participation of the citizens in politics and civic life;
  3. There is protection of the human rights of all citizens; and
  4. There is rule of law, in which the laws and procedures apply equally to all citizens.[1]Eligible citizens are able to: 1) vote for the passing/rejecting of laws or run for office during elections, 2) join political parties, sit on boards or committees, and criticize or protest, 3) feel that some of their rights are protected, and 4) receive a fair trial if accused of breaking the country's laws. Politicians represent their constituents in the proposal, development and establishment of the laws by which their society is run.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dictatorship is a form of government where political authority is monopolized by a single person or political entity, and exercised through various mechanisms to ensure the entity's power remains strong.[1][2]

A dictatorship is a type of authoritarianism, in which politicians regulate nearly every aspect of the public and private behavior of normal people. Dictatorships and totalitarianism generally employ political propaganda to decrease the influence of proponents of alternative governing systems, as is the nature of nationalism of any governing system.

Going by the definitions of the two forms of government, seems to me Thailand is currently a long way away from the first and a LOT closer to the second. The original post wasn't about corruption, rice schemes, brothers in charge in absentia, women not being able to lead, etc; it was about democracy being dead. Possibly Prayuth is trying to do some good, but it's not a democratic government he's getting it done with. If he held elections tomorrow--or even set a date and stuck to it, I'd raise my hat to him, but he indicates a PM will be appointed by parliament; don't see that in the definition of democracy either.......hmmmm

really good post thanks for sharing

• Like 1

Like her or hate her, she was ELECTED by the people.

A few possible replies to that

- She was party list candidate, people couldn't elect her as in vote for her

- allegedly people voted for Thaksin rather than his sister.

so if the Democrats had formed a government and Abhisit had become PM, would he have been elected?

Like Ms. Yingluck k. Abhisit was party list candidate. So in a way indirectly 'elected' as MP. The election to be PM would be by fellow MPs and therefore more 'direct'.

In likewise situations likewise descriptions apply, but of course the Democrats party doesn't have a criminal fugitive as financer.

So, democracy died in Thailand because a former PM was asked to account for her actions and she only obfuscated. Seems like a few posters here are also doing.

• Like 1

did you mean the FB page which has 4 miilion 'likes' and 300,000 'likes' on her statement after the unelected junta you so love voted "freely of course" to damn her then stop her talking to the press

you should be TOTALLY ashamed and I can only imagine you are senile and you have my sympathy for that but to sit in Issan taping away at your computer ad nauseam is embarrassing - don't you have a life? better not answer that I think we know the answer

Do 'likes' and 'followers' grant one more respectability and allows one to try to stand above the law?

As to your second paragraph, you seem to image me as in maybe your position. Are you in Isaan tapping away? Many here have seen me state to live and work in Bangkok, as legal alien. Mind you the medical certificate needs to confirm I am not a drug user or alcoholic and don't have tertiary syphilis, but (till now) no check on mental health rolleyes.gif

my truthful descriptions of history.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

if you honestly believe your own revisionist history, is it lying?

That's an interesting question. Mind you what can be proven and what you firmly belief doesn't have to be the same as you frequenly try to demonstrate to us.

BTW did you ever read "The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat and Other Clinical Tales" from Oliver Sacks?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Mistook_His_Wife_for_a_Hat

did you mean the FB page which has 4 miilion 'likes' and 300,000 'likes' on her statement after the unelected junta you so love voted "freely of course" to damn her then stop her talking to the press

you should be TOTALLY ashamed and I can only imagine you are senile and you have my sympathy for that but to sit in Issan taping away at your computer ad nauseam is embarrassing - don't you have a life? better not answer that I think we know the answer

Do 'likes' and 'followers' grant one more respectability and allows one to try to stand above the law?

As to your second paragraph, you seem to image me as in maybe your position. Are you in Isaan tapping away? Many here have seen me state to live and work in Bangkok, as legal alien. Mind you the medical certificate needs to confirm I am not a drug user or alcoholic and don't have tertiary syphilis, but (till now) no check on mental health rolleyes.gif

you stated in another post you were in Issan something like 'in Issan they still worship the master'? can't remember exactly

you stated in another post you were in Issan something like 'in Issan they still worship the master'? can't remember exactly

I never stated other than living and working in Bangkok. Please dig up what you think you saw.

BTW the half sentence you display as what you believe can be read as 'in Isaan, do they still worship the master". Are you trying to obfuscate, maybe even lying? Are you sure you choose the correct avatar?

• Like 1

I never stated other than living and working in Bangkok. Please dig up what you think you saw.

BTW the half sentence you display as what you believe can be read as 'in Isaan, do they still worship the master". Are you trying to obfuscate, maybe even lying? Are you sure you choose the correct avatar?

you misquoted me but I have not the time nor inclination to spend hours searching. Now address your obfuscation?

9 posts on one page most were replying to me? in the 190 votes thread? and you never replied to the US250 million losses claim you made? you seem very 'liberal' with your comments - I mean liberal with the truth

what's your job? Junta Loving correspondent? Blue Sky TV marketing? we love Junta fan club? ahh got it... TVF number one poster!

"you misquoted me but I have not the time nor inclination to spend hours searching"

Are you sure your not Stuttering Parrot?

He likes to make accusations as well and then goes silent when asked to address them.

At least you made an excuse. You don't have time to prove that you didn't lie!!!

Sounds like a PTP trait!!!

you misquoted me but I have not the time nor inclination to spend hours searching. Now address your obfuscation?

9 posts on one page most were replying to me? in the 190 votes thread? and you never replied to the US250 million losses claim you made? you seem very 'liberal' with your comments - I mean liberal with the truth

what's your job? Junta Loving correspondent? Blue Sky TV marketing? we love Junta fan club? ahh got it... TVF number one poster!

"you misquoted me but I have not the time nor inclination to spend hours searching"

Are you sure your not Stuttering Parrot?

He likes to make accusations as well and then goes silent when asked to address them.

At least you made an excuse. You don't have time to prove that you didn't lie!!!

Sounds like a PTP trait!!!

I make no accusations and it's a minor point anyway as i thought I'd read he was in Issan but it matters not - 10 points though for yet MORE obfuscation.

I notice you, cunningly, ignore the main points? principally that rubl's NINE replies were to 'me' when, IN FACT, they were to EIGHT different posters?

Which US$ 250 million losses did I claim?

BTW what's your job? 'obfuscater', 'distorter of truth'?

PS TFV number one poster with 'only' 17.600 posts? Some have 30.000 and not as mods or otherwise related to TVF.

The rule of law (also known as nomocracy) is the legal principle that law should govern a nation, as opposed to decisions by individual government officials.

A kangaroo court of hand picked military brasses and officials is the polar opposite of 'rule of law' however many times you repeat it.

Edited by firestar
  • Like 1