Full English Text of Yingluck's Post-Impeachment Statement

Lite Beer

Full English Text of Yingluck's Post-Impeachment Statement

By Khaosod Eng.

A Khaosod English translation of the statement posted by former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on her official Facebook account this afternoon.

Statement from Ms. Yingluck Shinawatra
The 28th Prime Minister of Thailand
23 January 2015

To all the dear people,

As expected, the National Legislative Assembly has reached its decision to impeach me as a Prime Minister and ban me from politics for five years, while the Attorney-General has taken up a case against me in the Supreme Court's Division for Holders of Political Office. I have these statements to make:

I insist on and express confidence in my innocence, and I would like to thank the principled minority votes that upheld fairness. The procedures have violated and abridged my basic rights that I, as a Thai citizen, deserve to have.

Let me insist that the rice-mortage program is a good program. It did not cause damages. As for the number of damages that they have tried to press on me, it is prejudice against me, and an attempt to use farmers as instruments of political destruction.

As I said about Thailand's democracy on 29 April 2013 at Ulan Bator, Mongolia, "I would like to see reconciliation and democracy gain strength. This can only be achieved through strengthening of the rule of law and due process. Only then will every person from all walks of life feel confident that they will be treated fairly."

I still insist on those words I said, even though today Thai democracy is dead, along with the rule of law. There is still a movement constantly bent on destruction, as I am suffering right now.

It is saddening and unbelievable that there are so many coincidences, as I said in my final hearing yesterday, and they are coincidences that are not coincidences. Just only one hour before the National Legislative Assembly began its impeachment vote, the Attorney-General announced that it would prosecute me on charges of dereliction of duty leading to corruption in the rice-mortage program, even though the head of the Office of Attorney-General stressed that there is still need to consider incomplete points in the case.

The attorney institution, which has long been a credible institution in the justice system, is now questioned because of this incident.

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1422007143

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-01-23

quite obviously she never wrote this and only copied it but then again she probably had someone else do it for her as she would find it too tiresome to do anything herself plus she would probably not have understood what any of those words meant or been able to copy them correctly. Her lackies are trying to sucker the people with their bullsh*t again, probably do better by going back to the donut box deliveries they are famous forw00t.gif

Yeah and that was the one who thought Hat Yai was a province!! That's like Cameron saying Liverpool is a county or Obama saying LA is a state.

saai.gif

OK! So now that there is no more rule of law nor democracy we can all go get some ice or ganja and have a sex party on the beach and if we want to kill someone too its OK now. This also means no more democracy hehehe.. Although there was never any real democracy here now its for certain because we can't vote for her anymore. I really hope she gets imprisoned by the junta for violating there order about making a statement after the impeachment as well as attempting to stir anger and hatred towards the junta and the gov now.

• Like 1

Unbelievable levels of stupidity, arrogance, and denial. Incredible. Absolutely no sincerity whatsoever and worst of all there are still apologists who will defend this clueless, dangerous bint to the bitter end. The junta need to gag her NOW. These kind of statements are at best inflammatory and at worst propaganda pertaining to create serious divisions

"I would like to see reconciliation and democracy gain strength. This can only be achieved through strengthening of the rule of law and due process. Only then will every person from all walks of life feel confident that they will be treated fairly."

So why did her (brother's) government pushed through and "Amnesty" Bill that directly contradicted her (speechwriter's) ideas of how reconciliation could be achieved?

The answer is, of course, that actions speak louder than words.

"Let me insist that the rice-mortage program is a good program. It did not cause damages."

I think the damage is very well documented.

"as I am suffering right now."

What suffering?

Lose of face, the ultimate pain for the self-entitled elites.

The drama surrounding Yingluck's trial and tribulation at the hands of the unelected gov't...may stir up a hornet's nest...things may get ugly yet...be alert for rumblings of dissent from Yingluck's devotees...

Looks like she is going too stand by her rice scam plan until the end

Some people are too stupid to know when to quit

She will never ever admit to anyone wrong doing, any mistake or any issues in the rice scheme, ever. She won't loose face or show any remorse.

How can she lie about there being no damage - even the World Bank report says there was.

Simple - Shins lie, repeatedly lie, and expect everyone to believe every lie. She knows nothing different, and her brother hasn't instructed otherwise.

• Like 2

Numerous claims have been made regarding losses incurred by the Thailand rice pledging scheme over the years, including by the Thailand Development Research Institute (TDRI), who in April 2014 put losses at Bt 450 billion (US$ 13.794 billion), before amending this to Bt 660 billion (US$ 20.230 billion and an end of term loss of Bt 1 trillion (US$30.653 billion) last November.

However, after making such definite accusations the TDRI then refused to allow the NACC to use its research figures or calculations as part of its prosecution, with TDRI president Somkiat Tangkitvanich claiming “an evidence in academic aspect is different from an evidence to be used in a criminal or political case”.

At that time it was revealed that in order to break even after paying milling costs the Thai government needed to sell its rice for Bt 16,237 (US$ 530) per ton, while equivalent rice from India and Vietnam at the time was selling for Bt 9,803 – Bt 10,416 (US$ 320 to $ 340). (See: Backflip on Thailand Rice Pledging Scheme Cost Details)

In December Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha claimed losses from the former government rice pledging scheme would amount to Bt680 billion (US$ 20.875 billion*) while also claiming some Bt 2 billion (US$ 61.397 million*) per month was being spent on warehousing costs.

However, in In June 2013 with some 17 million tons of rice in stock the government at the time said it was paying Bt 300 million (US$ 9.133 million) per month to store. No explanation of the disparity in storage costs has been provided thus far.

While Thailand exported a record 10.8 million tons of rice last year to reclaim its number one rice exporter by volume title that it lost to India and Vietnam in 2012 when higher priced Thai rice exports fell by 37 per cent from 10.7 million tons in 2011 to just 6.73 million tons, revenue from sales was US$ 5.37 billion (Bt 175.188 billion*), some 16.49 per cent below the US$ 6.43 billion (Bt 209.769 billion*) that it earned in 2011 – far from the highest amount in recent history as claimed by Commerce Minister General Chatchai Sarigalaya last week.

More importantly at an average of US$ 497.22 (Bt 16,221*) per ton the price in baht terms were almost on a par with the Bt 16,237 per ton figure claimed as necessary to brake even in 2013 and just 6.18 per cent below the US$ 530 per ton figure claimed.

All she can do is keep insisting innocent with a useless written script over and over again. Can she just provide some substantial evidence to defend herself?

That side has gather evidence and all agencies agree to impeach her. This side has no evidence to defend but insist she is innocent. Hmm....

• Like 1

Numerous claims have been made regarding losses incurred by the Thailand rice pledging scheme over the years, including by the Thailand Development Research Institute (TDRI), who in April 2014 put losses at Bt 450 billion (US$ 13.794 billion), before amending this to Bt 660 billion (US$ 20.230 billion and an end of term loss of Bt 1 trillion (US$30.653 billion) last November.

However, after making such definite accusations the TDRI then refused to allow the NACC to use its research figures or calculations as part of its prosecution, with TDRI president Somkiat Tangkitvanich claiming “an evidence in academic aspect is different from an evidence to be used in a criminal or political case”.

At that time it was revealed that in order to break even after paying milling costs the Thai government needed to sell its rice for Bt 16,237 (US$ 530) per ton, while equivalent rice from India and Vietnam at the time was selling for Bt 9,803 – Bt 10,416 (US$ 320 to $ 340). (See: Backflip on Thailand Rice Pledging Scheme Cost Details)

In December Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha claimed losses from the former government rice pledging scheme would amount to Bt680 billion (US$ 20.875 billion*) while also claiming some Bt 2 billion (US$ 61.397 million*) per month was being spent on warehousing costs.

However, in In June 2013 with some 17 million tons of rice in stock the government at the time said it was paying Bt 300 million (US$ 9.133 million) per month to store. No explanation of the disparity in storage costs has been provided thus far.

While Thailand exported a record 10.8 million tons of rice last year to reclaim its number one rice exporter by volume title that it lost to India and Vietnam in 2012 when higher priced Thai rice exports fell by 37 per cent from 10.7 million tons in 2011 to just 6.73 million tons, revenue from sales was US$ 5.37 billion (Bt 175.188 billion*), some 16.49 per cent below the US$ 6.43 billion (Bt 209.769 billion*) that it earned in 2011 – far from the highest amount in recent history as claimed by Commerce Minister General Chatchai Sarigalaya last week.

More importantly at an average of US$ 497.22 (Bt 16,221*) per ton the price in baht terms were almost on a par with the Bt 16,237 per ton figure claimed as necessary to brake even in 2013 and just 6.18 per cent below the US$ 530 per ton figure claimed.

Yet mid-2013 the Yingluck Government already admitted to US$4.4 billion loss on their self-financing scheme which started on 2011-10-07.