many farangs

true blue

went to blar blar bar last night,and there must of been at least 100 young farangs there,never seen so many in one bar in a general thai hang out,went to another bar as blar blar was so busy,and that place is quite big,never had chance to ask what the occasion was,would have been nice to no.hazard a guess it had something to do with the internet?????

Maybe they heard about the arrests over at the school at Riverside Condo and decided to get out from behind their computers in their co-working spaces and actually enjoy life in Chiang Mai.

isnt the bar area mentioned where some thai(s) shot dead a farang in a bar a while back? not my idea of enjoying life thanks.

Many farangs indeed..... I live in MaeHia area,everytime I go to Maehia market Iam amazed at the number of Farang and on a sunday I get the feeling Im somewhere in middle America!.....all shapes and sizes,full scale farang families,mixed couples young and old,mixed fams,dreamers ,schemers and in-betweeners.....and these are not tourists out in this area but people who have come to live in CM for reasons all their own. I can't imagine what they are doing but points to a drastic change in demographics. It must be on to a good 2-3 years since the influx has taken place,I have been out here well before the development of this area and find it interesting,if not amusing.....let the good times roll! smile.png

Maybe they heard about the arrests over at the school at Riverside Condo and decided to get out from behind their computers in their co-working spaces and actually enjoy life in Chiang Mai.

isnt the bar area mentioned where some thai(s) shot dead a farang in a bar a while back? not my idea of enjoying life thanks.

nope.

nope.

so thats nope as in he didnt die? http://www.chiangmaicitynews.com/news.php?id=2088

googlemaps puts the bar in this area

nope.

so thats nope as in he didnt die? http://www.chiangmaicitynews.com/news.php?id=2088

nope it wasn't some thais, it was one thai. nope, the farang in question was not killed. nope it wasn't blar blar bar where the shooting took place. yes, the bar where it took place is in the nimmanhaemin vicinity. as are dozens of others.

I think a long time ago an elephant walked through that area too. Best to stay at home with the curtains drawn to avoid any chance of being trampled to death if he comes back.

• Like 1

I think a long time ago an elephant walked through that area too. Best to stay at home with the curtains drawn to avoid any chance of being trampled to death if he comes back.

its not an isolated incident. was in CM at the time and was planning to attend a get together that would have mainly been this thai social strata but pulled at the last moment due to these type incidents. mass foreign invasion is causing xenophobia among the youths this a just one outburst manifestation that hit the press. couldnt see my way clear to voluntarily associate with the category.

Interesting....I've seen more fights at John's Place and Spicy than all the rest of Thailand combined. Been in Dayli 200 times over 8 years and never seen a fight or even a shouting match. Dr. Don has since spent time in a mental institution.....I don't really think he got many accolades from the Thai community.

Seems like a certain Canadian was working illegally and didn't have medical insurance.

nope.

nope it wasn't some thais, it was one thai. nope, the farang in question was not killed. nope it wasn't blar blar bar where the shooting took place. yes, the bar where it took place is in the nimmanhaemin vicinity. as are dozens of others.

I think the shooting was soi 13 close to Nimmanhamin, while Blar Blar is soi 7 near Sirimangkhlachan (however it's spelled). The two are at least a half a kilometer apart, I doubt if the Blar Blar customers knew about the shooting until they heard about it the next day.

Left Blar Blar a little while ago. There were a some westerners, but not a hundred. Beer promotion was three Chang Export for 199 baht, the live music was good, the waitresses were really cute (no you can't bar fine them, it's not that kind of place) and the Thai food was good and reasonably priced. Most of the staff speaks little or no English. I'm surprised there aren't more westerners there, but really don't mind that it remains mostly Thai.

Falangs are only dating brown skin Issaan girls anyways so what does it matter

Show me one falang with a white skin Thai girl

Brown skin girls are beautiful but recognize that they are the ones dating farangs

...and now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Edited by JulieM
  • Like 1

Interesting....I've seen more fights at John's Place and Spicy than all the rest of Thailand combined. Been in Dayli 200 times over 8 years and never seen a fight or even a shouting match. Dr. Don has since spent time in a mental institution.....I don't really think he got many accolades from the Thai community.

Seems like a certain Canadian was working illegally and didn't have medical insurance.

i would only consider continuing the conversation after you complete the mandatory disclosure statement under oath.

same with Dayli.....except 4 for 210 thb (Leos)...however, reports from Santitham indicate 3 for 119 THB.

I like Dayli, it definitely has better beer promotions and a better selection of beers, but the last time I checked Blar Blar was the hands down winner on cuteness and number of waitresses. Blar Blar also serves much larger portions of food for the same price, and I think the music is better. But if you're looking for a place to take a lady friend out for drinks and don't want to get into trouble for eying cute waitresses Dayli is a good choice.

I consider those two the best bets in the Nimmanhamin area for a relaxed dinner and drinks, but I'd be happy to read about others if anyone wants to volunteer suggestions. A new place on Nimmanhamin between sois 9 and 11 called <deleted> has opened up; I think it's just drinks and street food but haven't been there yet--it's usually either dead or packed. Has anyone checked it out?

Since you mentioned Santitham, and recommendations for casual, affordable, enjoyable eating and drinking places there?

Edited by heybruce

I just read my post above. The part automatically deleted is the three letter acronym for What The F***. It's interesting that a business can prominently display the three letters on Nimmanhamin but it can't be posted here.

I don't think English is the official language on Nimmanhamin

Of course you know what that goo is between an elephant's toes is, right? Slow rastafalangs...

I've been to that place on Nimmen What The F___ once. I think there two beer promos. Three Leos for maybe 209 baht or three Chang Exports for 199. The place was nearly full but we got a table near the back. The service was fine but overall an unremarkable experience.

I didn't see any food being offered by that establishment, but many street vendors are there. One stand is permanently parked at the back of the place, so that stall may somehow be associated with the place.

Edited by JulieM