Thais and Farang Food.

NoshowJones

In my village, there are two 7-11s and one Tesco Express, there is always fresh bread and milk getting delivered, and it goes quite quick. Both Mrs Possum and her family never eat bread or drink milk, I am the only Farang in the village up here in the Boonies, so how much Farang food does your Thai wife and family eat?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My experience is that they love some of it.

Make some American style pancakes with butter and maple syrup. Serve scrambled eggs on the side.

Roast a turkey with sage flavored stuffing. Serve mashed potatoes and turkey gravy.

Cornbread made with 1/2 corn flour and 1/2 wheat "cake" flour, toss in a little sugar. Bake and serve with butter and honey.

Honey glazed ham.

Boiled rat in noodles.

Bake and ice a chocolate cake.

Toasted sourdough bread with jelly or peanut butter dunked in coffee...baby back ribs.....the crusts off my pizza - my favorite part also.....french fries....

Took Mrs with and 2 family kids for 1st pizza 28" 1400b of pizza perfection....after the photo op they went to work....pretty soon all the crust was gone along with most of the dough and toppings they liked ----- they didn't care for the cheese so proudly stacked this great big fatty like lump all over my pieces of pizza for Me .... ugly way to look at a pizza....I go get one myself now and bring it home.....

Edited by pgrahmm

When I took the wife to Greece, she wouldn't eat for 2 weeks as she didn't liked the food there.

Only fresh fish was her favorite.........costed me a fortune............

Nowadays she is into farang food....in fact, so much that she eats whatever I cook, leaving me looking puzzled into my empty plate.

Learned the lesson.......I cook for 2, now............

My experience is that they love some of it.

Make some American style pancakes with butter and maple syrup. Serve scrambled eggs on the side.

Roast a turkey with sage flavored stuffing. Serve mashed potatoes and turkey gravy.

Cornbread made with 1/2 corn flour and 1/2 wheat "cake" flour, toss in a little sugar. Bake and serve with butter and honey.

Honey glazed ham.

Boiled rat in noodles.

Bake and ice a chocolate cake.

There's no way my wife would eat any of that, though I've saw here eat the odd ice cream.

two 7-11s and a tesco in a village? no other villages close by to use them? I dont believe you.

No there isn't, there are lots of houses in the surrounding areas among the ricefields, and there is a main road going through and on to the next to town which is about 15 Ks away, and that town has three 7-11s. What is it that you don't believe?

I have had quite a few answers from you about my posts, and you never seem to have anything positive to say, I notice the same when you answer other posters also. But your are giving me some entertainment, and that is part of what Thaivisa is about.

When I took the wife to Greece, she wouldn't eat for 2 weeks as she didn't liked the food there.

Only fresh fish was her favorite.........costed me a fortune............

Nowadays she is into farang food....in fact, so much that she eats whatever I cook, leaving me looking puzzled into my empty plate.

Learned the lesson.......I cook for 2, now............

I have to do all my own cooking as Mrs Possum works a lot.

French toast almost everyday

Croissant almost everyday

French fries regularly

Donuts sometimes

Spaghetti sometimes

Sizzlers sometimes

Toast with butter n jam regularly

Boiled potatoes sometimes

I don't know how she is still underweight. I am trying my best to fatten her up.

Bread, cheese, English breakfast, Spaghetti bolognaise, Roast with veg, Chips and many more once they have tasted it. Yet they also have to have spicy food to quell those pangs for Thai food.

They???

My wife has found a few things she enjoys since moving to the U.S. She is very fond of peroggis and tortellini. She also eats baked potatoes with nothing on them! Other than that it's Thai all day every day. No milk or bread at all. I'm not complaining. Love Thai food!

"In my village, there are two 7-11s and one Tesco Express, there is always fresh bread and milk getting delivered, and it goes quite quick. Both Mrs Possum and her family never eat bread or drink milk, I am the only Farang in the village up here in the Boonies, so how much Farang food does your Thai wife and family eat?"

Are you sure??

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCMQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DKrlzaBNgz-M&ei=DEnFVNbHM8GqyATlpoGABg&usg=AFQjCNHoD9PoTSSefmFZnFq5gbH96ewtwA&sig2=JHtb730KmH9RASRlK-_qMA&bvm=bv.84349003,d.aWw

Why wife and I eat the same food 90% of the time... a good mix of Farang and Thai, easily 50/50.

Her (my) family, we'll they eat out once or twice a week or so (they live Bangkok), and it's Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Vietnam, Korean... not sure what you call 'farang'.

My fiance has been to the U.S. twice.She eats the same food I do.Once inA while she will go and eat rice,or noodle soup.She's like me she eats very little Thai food.It's to hot for her.She eats chinese food when she's in Thailand,along with western food

My wife turns her nose up at most farang food but having a cafe near Pattaya she cooks american styled breakfasts, pizzas, burgers, club sandwiches and cakes and does a damned fine job! Better than most other Thai attempts I've had. She even occasionally eats her own farang style cooking!

I live near an Industrial Park (where I work) upcountry, this is still rural communities, but there are now 5 7-11 shops on the three km road between my house and the Industrial Park. They are always fully stocked with what the OP mentions, bread and milk, but I rarely see my work colleagues eat any of it and when I am in the shop I have never seen a Thai buying any of that stuff, so I wonder too, who buys it?

Edited by AlQaholic

Spaghetti Carbonara, bangers n mash plus the obvious pizza.

She is starting to get addicted to my fresh baked bread, might have to put a stop to that :)

mine too Carbonara, Cordon Blu, Steak, and she 'll pick at my burger, but not the roll , oh American or English Breakfast, loves the beans, She Hates Tomatoes... Edited by Dannyboy666

You name it and my wife will eat it...I've come across very few things that she's turned her nose up at. In fact, off the top of my head I can't think of anything she won't eat and that includes every type of cuisine. Her family though...strictly Thai food. In fact, I believe her mom lives on sticky rice and vegetables, though I can't be positive about that as we only see them for maybe a total of 10 days in the course of the year.

Mrs. Moon used to eat pizza when we lived in Egypt, but since we moved back here no more farang food for her or for me. And it's not through lack of availability. We're a 15 minute walk from a Big C. Very happy on a Thai diet.

I know that locals enjoy some of the (too sweet for me) bread with condensed or evaporated milk on it. I frequently see kids around the village with baby bottles. The kids are up to 5 or 6 years old, I can't think that it would be formula milk so I'm guessing that may be where some of the cows milk goes. Most of the milk is sweetened in the factory and that's what they like. I have no idea who buys (or can afford) the 2lt of unsweetened milk, other than ferangs.