Visa extension price increase?

(Mods: please lock or delete the thread if you think the post inappropriate for this forum)

Unsubstantiated rumor in the latest Stickman weekly column:

"It looks like it's going to get a little more expensive to stay in Thailand with rumours that the fee for visa extensions is to jump from 1,900 to 3,000 baht. Let me reiterate that this rumoured increase is a rumour at this stage but having heard it from two unconnected sources I think it unlikely to be mere coincidence. The visa extension fee has not increased in years so such a jump should be no surprise. Those who would be most affected are those gaming the system and making multiple extensions each year, such as those using back to back tourist visas and those with an ED visa."

Don't bother with the "who the hell is Stickman" comments. Something to think about, anyway.

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/StickmanWeeklyColumn2015/Vientiane-trip-report.htm

For ED visa extensions in Jomtien currently the regular 1900 baht only gets you 15 days instead of the usual 90, and it is implied that you and your school will undergo increased scrutiny.

If you are willing to pay 3100 extra for the VIP service you get the normal 90 day extension and are told not to worry about immigration looking too closely at you.

That's how it is for now in Jomtien but most believe someone higher up the food chain will be cracking down on the new boss at the office soon.

For ED visa extensions in Jomtien currently the regular 1900 baht only gets you 15 days instead of the usual 90, and it is implied that you and your school will undergo increased scrutiny.

If you are willing to pay 3100 extra for the VIP service you get the normal 90 day extension and are told not to worry about immigration looking too closely at you.

That's how it is for now in Jomtien but most believe someone higher up the food chain will be cracking down on the new boss at the office soon.

"For ED visa extensions in Jomtien currently the regular 1900 baht only gets you 15 days instead of the usual 90, and it is implied that you and your school will undergo increased scrutiny."

I believe you get a 15 day "under consideration" period and when you return you get the additional 75 days, thus 90 days in total. Fee only collected once.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/794188-pattaya-language-schools-now-require-4-daysweek-attendance/?hl=+under%20+consideration

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

"For ED visa extensions in Jomtien currently the regular 1900 baht only gets you 15 days instead of the usual 90, and it is implied that you and your school will undergo increased scrutiny."

I believe you get a 15 day "under consideration" period and when you return you get the additional 75 days, thus 90 days in total. Fee only collected once.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/794188-pattaya-language-schools-now-require-4-daysweek-attendance/?hl=+under%20+consideration

Perhaps you can get the other 75 days later, the policy has not been in place long enough to see what actually happens after 15 days, but it is true that the extra 3100 baht will give you a 90 day stamp on your first visit.

My school is advising that the 1900 baht for 15 days will be every 15 day or until the policy changes again. And it has been changing at Jomtien a lot. Two weeks ago for two days they were skill testing every person who came through, then they gave up on that and a few days later added an 1100 baht vip fee. Two days after that the vip fee went up another 2000 baht.

I haven't been to class yet this week so I don't know what the latest might be.

Koh Samui immigration is 5000 THB for a long time

Pardon what I hope is not a stupid question?.....Have not been here for some time and recently arrived on the 30 Day Visa free stamp at BKK Airport ex Australia.

Need to extend for another 30 days. Where in Bangkok to do and imagine it's the 1900 Baht fee, this week anyway!

Edited by fishhooks

Koh Samui immigration is 5000 THB for a long time

Pardon what I hope is not a stupid question?.....Have not been here for some time and recently arrived on the 30 Day Visa free stamp at BKK Airport ex Australia.

Need to extend for another 30 days. Where in Bangkok to do and imagine it's the 1900 Baht fee, this week anyway!

Go here: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location1.html

hopefully closing loopholes for visa- brakers.

at least to make it expensive !!

90% of extension are not tourists ( in CW )

Good to see you're still around with your "brakes" and hatred. Now you added support for extortion. Keep doing! smile.png

• Like 1

Thanks Mario.

Just to clarify.....The fact that I initially entered on a 30 day Visa Exempt status, presents no problem I assume on extending for another 30 days?

I may be reading some posts in some sections incorrectly, but am a little confused that only an initial actual "Tourist Visa" entry can be extended.

Edited by fishhooks

Your 30-day permission to stay based on a visa-exempt entry can be extended up to 30 days. Some immigration officer grant an extension until the date of your flight out of Thailand but maximum 30 days, others give 30 days without asking to see a ticket.

• 4 weeks later...

" Those who would be most affected are those gaming the system and making multiple extensions each year, such as those using back to back tourist visas and those with an ED visa."

No one is "gaming the system." If the thai govt gives you a right to enter for any reason, then that is just as valid as any other

there is no moral hierarchy in anyone's motives for getting a visa