Study: Germans have skeptical view of Israel

webfact

Germans still suffer rrom collective guilt, and so they should; what do they say - "The LORD is long-suffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the sons to the third and fourth generation." Ha!

19 minutes ago, nausea said:

Germans still suffer rrom collective guilt, and so they should; what do they say - "The LORD is long-suffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the sons to the third and fourth generation." Ha!

Well, if the Bible says so. I think it also says  children should be executed for disobedience. And daughters can be sold into slavery.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Anastasia145 said:

Vladimir Sloutsker believes that anti-Semitism in Europe is gaining new forms. Read more here https://www.thejc.com/comment/comment/vladimir-sloutsker-a-new-way-to-fight-antisemitism-1.447253

He's advocating for the definition that among other things says if you criticizise Israel for doing things you don't criticize other nations for, then you're an antisemite. 

Here are 2 of the dubious clauses they propose:

• Denying the Jewish people their right to self-determination, e.g., by claiming that the existence of a State of Israel is a racist endeavor.

• Applying double standards by requiring of it a behavior not expected or demanded of any other democratic nation.

They never do specify what they mean by double standards. Is criticizing Israel for being a colonial power a double standard? For its wretched mistreatment of the Palestinians a double standard? Do other democratic nations give special privileges to people of a certain faith? And so on and so forth.

• Like 1

if i say i don't like Israelis am i considered anti-Semitic? lol . I grew up in new jersey and half my jewish friends didn't like Israelis lol. rude loud and violent. hey if theres someone standing in the middle of the sidewalk so none can get by and you ask them to move and they say something violent and horrible id bet the farm they were from Israel lol.

some people on here are saying the palistians didn't own the land they lived on before Israel became a country? lol. well who owned it then? lol. are you claiming its always been jewish land? i remember seeing interview with holocaust survivors saying the were moving to Palestine after they were freed from the death camps. so they thought it was Palestine but somehow the narrative now is there never was such a place lol.

7 hours ago, johnnykak said:

if i say i don't like Israelis am i considered anti-Semitic? lol . I grew up in new jersey and half my jewish friends didn't like Israelis lol. rude loud and violent. hey if theres someone standing in the middle of the sidewalk so none can get by and you ask them to move and they say something violent and horrible id bet the farm they were from Israel lol.

Yes, general statements like that would make you anti-Semitic.

8 hours ago, johnnykak said:

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Yes, general statements like that would make you anti-Semitic.

I wouldn't say they make him anti-Semitic. But definitely bigoted. I know plenty of Israelis who are well behaved and considerate pepole.