Tottenham Thread

chonabot

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Oh my Buddha, alfie thinks I write for the Guardian now. Have a complaint on the figures address it to them, not me :thumbsup:

You are sounding really jealous now alfie about our "lottery win" but never mind. Keep acting like a little corner shop buying toffees (players) cheap and selling some of them for a profit. Come on, is that really Spurs core business, buying and selling players? Just think if you had kept those players and won cups or gone into the Champions League and got the financial rewards that go with it. That is why your net spend figures are absolutely meaningless. They don't take into account what revenue you lost by not keeping your best players and potentially winning or qualifying for things.

It will be quite interesting when next years figures come out to see what your turnover was this year after being in the Champs League.......even though it was short lived :smile: 

Net figures are purely what they say NET FIGURES of sales and purchases and are totally relevant, iv'e already explained to you about balance sheets etc but you obviously  didn't understand.

You say revenue you lost ! how do you know we would of lost money, perhaps we made money but that's just it nobody knows !

So do you suggest that every team works out a figure for how much they loss and made through not selling and selling players and add that to the net profit and loss of players ? 

Edited by alfieconn

Just now, alfieconn said:

Net figures are purely what they say NET FIGURES of sales and purchases and are totally relevant, iv'e already explained to you about balance sheets etc but you obviously  didn't understand.

You say revenue you lost ! how do you know we would of lost money, perhaps we made money but that's just it nobody knows !

Alfie, I honestly don't know how you have become confused about my explanation on the net spend of your players. Believe me, I know all about balance sheets and don't need anything explaining to me.

I NEVER said Net Figures are irrelevant, on this subject I originally said "net spend figures of players on their own are meaningless in a business sense". You are not a corner shop, you are a football club and so your core business model is totally different to that of a corner shop. If a football club's job was to produce players cheaply and sell them for a profit you'd be doing well but it isn't. Football clubs aren't run on sales and purchases alone, they are about revenue and costs including TV, Sponsorship and prize money etc and the more success you have, the more you have the potential to generate. Therefore, keep hold of your best players, win more and you will generate more income. Thus, the net spend of players alone can become meaningless because you could have generated far more than that by keeping them and winning things.

On the second part. What do you mean "how do you know we would of lost money". You lost getting additional TV and Prize money by NOT being in the Champs League. How much clearer can that be? That's why I said it will be interesting to see how much you made this year by being in the Champs League.

Compare the income below and it blows your net spend of players right out of the water. It surely cannot be any more self explanatory than this:-

Man City Income Gate and match-day income £43m; TV and broadcasting, Uefa £33m; TV and broadcasting, other £103m; Commercial £173m

Tottenham Income Match-day income £41m; TV and broadcasting £91m; Commercial £60m; Uefa prize money £5m

10 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Alfie, I honestly don't know how you have become confused about my explanation on the net spend of your players. Believe me, I know all about balance sheets and don't need anything explaining to me.

I NEVER said Net Figures are irrelevant, on this subject I originally said "net spend figures of players on their own are meaningless in a business sense". You are not a corner shop, you are a football club and so your core business model is totally different to that of a corner shop. If a football club's job was to produce players cheaply and sell them for a profit you'd be doing well but it isn't. Football clubs aren't run on sales and purchases alone, they are about revenue and costs including TV, Sponsorship and prize money etc and the more success you have, the more you have the potential to generate. Therefore, keep hold of your best players, win more and you will generate more income. Thus, the net spend of players alone can become meaningless because you could have generated far more than that by keeping them and winning things.

On the second part. What do you mean "how do you know we would of lost money". You lost getting additional TV and Prize money by NOT being in the Champs League. How much clearer can that be? That's why I said it will be interesting to see how much you made this year by being in the Champs League.

Compare the income below and it blows your net spend of players right out of the water. It surely cannot be any more self explanatory than this:-

Man City Income Gate and match-day income £43m; TV and broadcasting, Uefa £33m; TV and broadcasting, other £103m; Commercial £173m

Tottenham Income Match-day income £41m; TV and broadcasting £91m; Commercial £60m; Uefa prize money £5m

Well this what you said recently   

That is why your net spend figures are absolutely meaningless.

Tell me something, does Profit and Loss on players go on the balance sheet ?

Edited by alfieconn

11 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

So you obviously think that Daniel Levy is doing it all wrong ?

Edited by alfieconn

On 26/01/2017 at 9:49 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

^"after being in the Champs League.......even though it was short lived"

What madness is this MrBj is spouting, Spurs not being in the Champions League. Of course the Premier's youngest bestest squad are in the Champions league, right? Right?

Well our cheaply put together team has been in the CL twice.

Once we made the Quarter Finals and this year we didn't make the second round unfortunately.

How many times has your multi million pound squad made the quarters BB?

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Well this what you said recently   

Tell me something, does Profit and Loss on players go on the balance sheet ?

When I said "your net figures" I was referring to you Alfie and the net spend figures on players that you are constantly posting about. Sorry, thought that was obvious.

As for Profit and Loss on the balance sheets. Of course they go on the balance sheets, I have always said they do but the flip side is what revenue are you losing out on by not keeping hold of your best players. For instance, everyone goes on about how much City have spent on players since the Sheikh came but what they forget to mention is how much the valuation of the club has risen in that time. He bought us for just over £200M but the Chinese paid us that much in 2015 for a 13% stake in the club. Forbes reckon we are now valued at  £1,3B. That's why I think ONLY focusing on Net Players Spend is meaningless on it's own, it doesn't show the full picture

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

So you obviously think that Daniel Levy is doing it all wrong ?

Please don't try and twist this round Alfie. This debate has always been about why ONLY quoting Net Player Spend doesn't give the full picture and is therefore meaningless to ONLY quote those figures on their own in a Business Sense because every club has a different business plan.

Levy has his own business model for Spurs, which obviously differs from ours and other clubs in the Prem. They are just different, not wrong or right.

Just now, smokie36 said:

I'm willing to concede it might be only £350m.

Same same mrboj...you have wasted a lot of money over the last few years on crap players.

Yeah, course we have wasted money on some players smokes. I think most clubs have. Difficult to quantify the amount though.

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah, course we have wasted money on some players smokes. I think most clubs have. Difficult to quantify the amount though.

My question to you is do you even feel it or does it bother you when you have basically unlimited funds?

I mean really the only thing stopping you signing anyone is their desire to win trophies with the Spanish sides innit?

21 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Alfie tactics - don't concede in a debate when wrong, instead divert by asking questions until other person gets bored ;-)

This topic is not for muppets and anyway you don't read my post's :cheesy::cheesy:

Edited by alfieconn

29 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Please don't try and twist this round Alfie. This debate has always been about why ONLY quoting Net Player Spend doesn't give the full picture and is therefore meaningless to ONLY quote those figures on their own in a Business Sense because every club has a different business plan.

Levy has his own business model for Spurs, which obviously differs from ours and other clubs in the Prem. They are just different, not wrong or right.

I'm bored with it all to be fair, you've got views and iv'e got mine the only difference is i can post figs for my views but you can't give any figs for your view's.

Anyway i will carry on posting Net Figs as and when i feel fit ! :passifier:

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

I'm bored with it all to be fair, you've got views and iv'e got mine the only difference is i can post figs for my views but you can't give any figs for your view's.

What are you on about. I posted figs about what the club is worth, how much we are now in profit, how much TV rights we get, sponsorship etc etc. I now know you don't read the posts. Thanks, I won't waste anymore time either.

Post away with your net figs all you like.

26 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

My question to you is do you even feel it or does it bother you when you have basically unlimited funds?

You are joking aren't you smokes. The bladdy misery I had throughout all my years supporting City, the brunt of all the United jokes over the years. Doesn't bother me one jot my friend, never been as happy as when we won our first Prem title.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

What are you on about. I posted figs about what the club is worth, how much we are now in profit, how much TV rights we get, sponsorship etc etc. I now know you don't read the posts. Thanks, I won't waste anymore time either.

Post away with your net figs all you like.

I was actually talking about the figs that you claim we lost 

They don't take into account what revenue you lost by not keeping your best players and potentially winning or qualifying for things.

So how much did we lose ?

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

You are joking aren't you smokes. The bladdy misery I had throughout all my years supporting City, the brunt of all the United jokes over the years. Doesn't bother me one jot my friend, never been as happy as when we won our first Prem title.

* bought our first Prem title.

:smile:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:
2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Aw has lickle alfie been out Alf-ied by Mrbj.

Is it an "I'm not playing anymore" moment?

Is it a "I'm taking my ball home" moment?

So Alfie now YOU how we feel with your tiresome posts.

Mr BJ we salute you :post-4641-1156694083:

3 hours ago, smokie36 said:

I mean really the only thing stopping you signing anyone is their desire to win trophies with the Spanish sides innit?

As a fan, of course we enjoy the feeling of having basically unlimited funds, and the more the likes of Chicog, Alfie and Carmine go on about, the more we enjoy seeing their upset and jealousy :smile:

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

As a fan, of course we enjoy the feeling of having basically unlimited funds, and the more the likes of Chicog, Alfie and Carmine go on about, the more we enjoy seeing their upset and jealousy :smile:

We're not jealous BB...its more like watching a club with integrity and great fans get sucked into a vortex from which yhey can never return unharmed.

Morbid and bewildering to them when they land up fifth in February.

Great fun actually. :biggrin:

10 minutes ago, Chicog said:

* bought our first Prem title.

:smile:

Put it ANYWAY you want to mate, we don't care, look in the record books and you'll see our name. I've seen City as champions 3 times now and this one is my favourite - pipping ManU (as we also did in '68) put the cherry on the top of a perfect day!