Tottenham Thread

chonabot

guess we're playing a very different spurs side this weekend then. under ramos and previous form i'd have expected us to roll you over. now rejuvenated under bent harry white hart lane will be a very different kettle of fish.

Spurs are still atrocious at the back and Gomes has been a huge liability lately which is a shame as I thought he was excellent at Chelsea a while back. If you play Gerrard in the position you did against Chelsea I thinhk you'll be alright and I'm a Spurs fan. One other thing in your favour is Keane certainly knows where the sticks are at the Lane so wouldn't be surprised if he slots in a curler or something approaching special.

1-2 but all for being wrong.

guess we're playing a very different spurs side this weekend then. under ramos and previous form i'd have expected us to roll you over. now rejuvenated under bent harry white hart lane will be a very different kettle of fish.

You were right :o

What a game!...the Harry Houdini act rolls on and on. Pool should have been 4 or 5 goals to the good halfway through the second half. A win is a win and playing three of the top four teams and getting five points is not bad going! Finally off the bottom of the league which is a relief, now its just to get clear of the relegation spots!

COYS!

''1-2 but all for being wrong''

Lovely but didn't see a bloody minutes of bloody Africa with only one Premiership game a week (Man U v Hull) and the lousiest of satellite connections and radio 5 link sounded like it was coming through on cocoa tins but yes great result but 'arry's cry will be 'COJan' and will be interesting who he sells (Gomes and Lennon for starters?) and who he brings in (Defoe will be number 1 but he's a lazy bastard) or indeed how much cash he has to play with.

Any guesses on players in?

Easy Mr Mac the other game televised here was your shower v Forest and there were a few clowns on display there including the ref who disallowed you a goal and gave you a penalty instead which some long haired cloggy promtly missed but you managed to knock another in literally 45 seconds later which the ref also disallowed. Quality? Not exactly. Entertainment? Absolutely.

I havn't seen the last 2 Tottenham games so can't say too much but with January still a couple of months away I just wonder if we'll slip back? Bit 'fortunate' by all accounts last 2 games but will take all of that.

Cheers

Your round when I see you

Easy Mr Mac the other game televised here was your shower v Forest and there were a few clowns on display there including the ref who disallowed you a goal and gave you a penalty instead which some long haired cloggy promtly missed but you managed to knock another in literally 45 seconds later which the ref also disallowed. Quality? Not exactly. Entertainment? Absolutely.

I havn't seen the last 2 Tottenham games so can't say too much but with January still a couple of months away I just wonder if we'll slip back? Bit 'fortunate' by all accounts last 2 games but will take all of that.

Cheers

Your round when I see you

I downloaded the file from Midlands today, that some one kindly posted. I still cannot see who was 'pushed' during the 2nd goal. If that fellow is the up and coming ref. in the UK then heaven help the game. Clearly a case of the ref wanting to be the star.

Will be back around 13/14th December, will you still be in CM mate, if so it will certainly be my pleasure to get the beers in?

Edited by mickmac

Another game and another 3 points. Starting to get used to this but what are the expectations regarding league position now that we are starting to put some points on the board? I had Spurs down for 8th before start of season and maybe that will be close but having not seen any of the last 3 games can't get an idea on just how well the side are playing.

What do you lads reckon?

Another game and another 3 points. Starting to get used to this but what are the expectations regarding league position now that we are starting to put some points on the board? I had Spurs down for 8th before start of season and maybe that will be close but having not seen any of the last 3 games can't get an idea on just how well the side are playing.

What do you lads reckon?

Bents on fire, will it last? will the young ruskie come good? will they buy anyone in Jan?

I think Harry and all of the Spurs fans/ players would settle for 8th right now and call it a year.

What do you lads reckon?

20th with a bit of luck...:o

What do you lads reckon?

Playing against 9 men, you looked pretty impressive. But when we had 11 players on the field, well.......... :o

Edited by mrbojangles

What do you lads reckon?

Playing against 9 men, you looked pretty impressive. But when we had 11 players on the field, well.......... :o

probably City needs to invest in some more men and less handbag carriers then innit - 9 men and a bunch of limp wristers, seems like you are underestimating your team there mate;-) (DUCK)

Good game, nice to see Spurs putting in a squirt aye. 8th would be a thumper result to come back to from 20th.

City just a bit unlucky really to hit the Spurs in their stride, this game a month ago....walkover.

What a great result against Liverpool. Another win and hopefully another home tie in the quarters. I think there will inevitably some comments about beating Liverpool reserves but Spurs had also made 7 changes from the City game, and you can only beat what is put in front of you and apart from 2 howlers by Gomes it was a comprehensive win.

What a great result against Liverpool. Another win and hopefully another home tie in the quarters. I think there will inevitably some comments about beating Liverpool reserves but Spurs had also made 7 changes from the City game, and you can only beat what is put in front of you and apart from 2 howlers by Gomes it was a comprehensive win.

Yep, I don't know what Harry has put in the team's beer, but keep doing it I say!

Whilst Gomez is between the sticks, there is still hope for Relegation... :o

That was unbelievable at Fulham..

I feel sorry for the guy..his confidence is clearly shot to pieces. He doesnt even look like having the good first season before turning into a complete joke like all previous keepers at Spurs, Robinson, Sullivan etc...

I feel sorry for the guy..his confidence is clearly shot to pieces. He doesnt even look like having the good first season before turning into a complete joke like all previous keepers at Spurs, Robinson, Sullivan etc...

I like him, a lot.. :D

Yu wanna take him off Spurs' hands? Quite possibly the second worst keeper after Massimo Taibi. It also just highlights how bad the number 2 is as well!

Whilst Gomez is between the sticks, there is still hope for Relegation... :D

Yu wanna take him off Spurs' hands? Quite possibly the second worst keeper after Massimo Taibi. It also just highlights how bad the number 2 is as well!

There is a joke in there somewhere, i'm sure of it, but it's too early in the morning for me...:o

Dont know about the Spuds but for Spurs it's Cesar Sanchez who is some 37 year old who has played for Real Madrid a while back. Used to be Cerny who is at QPR and also Martin Fulop who I think is number 2 at Sunderland now. Ben Alnwick has been recalled and then there is a swedish 17 year old on the books as well...

What do you lads reckon?

20th with a bit of luck... :o

if spurs end up 20th that would mean the gloating west ham fans of a few weeks ago when they thought they were gonna go top will go down what a rubbish outfit :D

Apart from the Fulham game Spurs are making the right moves up the table...West Ham on the other hand...going down down down! They are slowly slipping down the table and with the inexperienced Zola, the ineffectual Steve Clarke, financial troubles and injuries to key players (Ashton, Bellamy) to take into consideration, I think they could be in deep trouble.

• 2 weeks later...

What do you lads reckon?

20th with a bit of luck... :o

if spurs end up 20th that would mean the gloating west ham fans of a few weeks ago when they thought they were gonna go top will go down what a rubbish outfit :D

Crikey, that's some sentence.....

Do you have Comma's or Full Stops in North London ??

Whilst Gomez is between the sticks, there is still hope for Relegation... :D

Robert Green will be at The Lane come January.

Trust me!

No Mate, he'll be there in April when we play at <deleted> Fart Lane... :o

Are you a Spud or West Ham Mr Cockney Git ??

Got the Spammers this weekend...3 points in the bag then! I have heard they are listening to offers for Ashton....18 mil. Considering his injury record they would do well to get £18

Very true, but your Mob would be odds on favourite to buy him... :o