Tottenham Thread

chonabot

It's impossible to say 100% the impact a mid week game has on the following weekend game so where the answer "none" comes from i do not know ;).

Incidently looking at the results following a Europa Cup game they didn't seem very positive :o.

You are in fact '100%' correct to say 'it is impossible to say 100% the impact a mid week game has on the following weekend game'. I think a 5 year old knows this. Now given that we both know that it is 'impossible to say 100% the impact' you apparently are not interested in what the statistics imply the impact has been in the past because as you can quite rightly point out whatever happened in the past might not happen in the future because it is impossible to predict the future.

If you wish to state the bleeding obvious, I genuinely dont think it is clever to state it twice.

If you then wish to follow up your statement of the bleeding obvious by the implication of 'your thoughts' on one statistic and then, once again, you repeat the statement, please at least appreciate that while the bar for posting on the internet is not high, it should not be set below the ground.

If you wish to know what statistic I was refering to. During the current Europa, Liverpool played 9 matches on a Thursday followed by league matches on a Sunday. Out of a possible 27 points they took 15 in the league matches. During the season as a whole during the league, LFC has taken 55 out of a possible 105 league points. So during the current season there is no particular evidence that for Liverpool playing in the Europa had an impact on their league form.

I will keep it short as people tend to get bored with long winded answers :o but if you think playing in the Europa Cup is not detrimental to a team's league position then your best to keep to your statistics about football rather than the real world of football :D.

Edited by alfieconn

I will keep it short as people tend to get bored with long winded answers :o

Only thick people do, because their concentration span & brain are generally lesser than others...:D

I used the above words as i thought this was being more polite than saying "people who ramble on" :D

I will keep it short as people tend to get bored with long winded answers :o

Only thick people do, because their concentration span & brain are generally lesser than others...:D

I used the above words as i thought this was being more polite than saying "people who ramble on" :D

Even if you had said that, my reply would have bene the same..;)

Lennon to leave? big loss?

http://www.goal.com/...5m-aaron-lennon

good player, but maybe it is time for him to move on.

Goal.com :rolleyes: Apparently we're also signing Diego Maradona as a center back......;)

Centre bac, Ide he be good as a lines man!!

but serio, Ive had an inclining that the lennon redknapp relationship hasnt been sweet for a while

think the sickness thingy v madrid may well have been the tip of the ice berg, and t.b.h, I dont think that he's been on top of his this season. how many has he scored? 3, not a great return, for such a good winger..

Goal.com :rolleyes: Apparently we're also signing Diego Maradona as a center back......;)

but serio, Ive had an inclining that the lennon redknapp relationship hasnt been sweet for a while

think the sickness thingy v madrid may well have been the tip of the ice berg, and t.b.h, I dont think that he's been on top of his this season. how many has he scored? 3, not a great return, for such a good winger..

If we're selling any of our quality players then he'd be my first choice. Inconsistent and still often fails to deliver the accurate cross.

Very poor we were last night. i thought Blackpool deserved all three points. Not sure i can take much more of our keeper, despite the great character that he undoubtedly is.

Such a shame because a win would have made tuesday night huge and i still convinced that if we had'nt been so crao ver the past six weeks and put City under some pressure they'd have cracked.

Good luck to them anyways next season. Despite the result i thought they put together some really nice football last night.

I think theres some credibility in reports of the Lennon/Redknapp rift. I doubt Lennon particularily likes being played out of position and as far as Harry is concerned, i don't think he was amused by the no show at the Bernabeu.

Personally, i'd be fine with us selling him for the right price. As smokie commented, he can't cross the ball.

Going back to last nights game, is it just me or did Blackpool look hungrier than us. And what a contrast it was to see the animated inspirational Holloway on the touchline as opposed to scrotum face slumped in his seat impersonating a bulldog chewing a wasp.

Edited by carmine

I think theres some credibility in reports of the Lennon/Redknapp rift. I doubt Lennon particularily likes being played out of position and as far as Harry is concerned, i don't think he was amused by the no show at the Bernabeu.

Personally, i'd be fine with us selling him for the right price. As smokie commented, he can't cross the ball.

Going back to last nights game, is it just me or did Blackpool look hungrier than us. And what a contrast it was to see the animated inspirational Holloway on the touchline as opposed to scrotum face slumped in his seat impersonating a bulldog chewing a wasp.

Soon to be slumped in the dock. I hope he goes down...I really do....:angry:

Your lot have gone a long way down since the glory days of thumping our lot. I think we can now extend the the list of bottlers that presently only includes Arsenal.

Your lot have gone a long way down since the glory days of thumping our lot. I think we can now extend the the list of bottlers that presently only includes Arsenal.

You mean the last time we beat you or the time before that? :D

Look forward to the double next year. Four trophies mate don't forget....:whistling::rolleyes::lol:

It really just comes down to the same situation we knew we had at the start of the season and was confirmed in January....that is to everyone but Mr Levy and scrotum face.

i don't think we really bottled, just look at the number of goals our strikers contributed. Its simply not good enough.

City have held their position in the top four for most of the season and deserve a crack at the CL.

Edited by carmine

Is anyone else here seething that Redknapp turned down the chance to sign Luis Suarez? That is going to end up being the most costly mistake for many many years.

If it makes anyone feel any better were likely to go for Osvald of Espanyol who scores i believe an average of less than ten per season.

Fcukin joke that January transfer window was.

Is anyone else here seething that Redknapp turned down the chance to sign Luis Suarez? That is going to end up being the most costly mistake for many many years.

If it makes anyone feel any better were likely to go for Osvald of Espanyol who scores i believe an average of less than ten per season.

I just hope Levy is takig a good long look at our performance since January cos its been relegation stuff. A summer miracle required or at the least a couple of new strikers!!

I just hope Levy is takig a good long look at our performance since January cos its been relegation stuff. A summer miracle required or at the least a couple of new strikers!!

Thats a valid point. We've been generally very poor in th league since January. i think a lot of the squad as well as the fans were really deflated after transfr window debarcle.

That atmosphere at White Hart Lane on saturday was as poor as i've ever heard. Lets just hope we finish 6th.

As you guys seem now to be doing your best to avoid coming 5th and playing in Europa, I wondered if you had noticed that you are in with a good shout of getting a Europa place in any case through the 'fair play' award.

You are currently behind Chelsea (CL qualifier) and Fulham but they had 5 yellows last night.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/FairPlayTable

As you guys seem now to be doing your best to avoid coming 5th and playing in Europa, I wondered if you had noticed that you are in with a good shout of getting a Europa place in any case through the 'fair play' award.

You are currently behind Chelsea (CL qualifier) and Fulham but they had 5 yellows last night.

http://www.premierle...e/FairPlayTable

Thank God for that then. :)

I wonder how much Redknapps trial is playing on his mind. i think that.has been an issue he closer it gets. The seriousness reflected in the reports that Levy already has a shortlist drawn up.

http://www.premierle...e/FairPlayTable

Thank God for that then. :)

I wonder how much Redknapps trial is playing on his mind. i think that.has been an issue he closer it gets. The seriousness reflected in the reports that Levy already has a shortlist drawn up.

Well it can't be helping. Aside from that defensive injuries and an inability to score goals are the real issues for us. I doubt it would matter who was managing the side the last few months.

The recent tension between him and Levy might see him get the boot regardless the trial outcome.

.....And dont forget that in any case he is red hot favorite to take over from Capello next year. He is evens/odds on and his nearest competitors are Hodgson and Pearce at 8/1.....

I've long said on here he took us as far as he could in reaching that fourth place. He did a fine job but it really is time to get a younger manager. I know it would be a risk but with the strong squad and a couple of top notch signings i think we could get one of the young up and comers. I don't think its in the best interest of the club when the manager is hanging aroung on what is basically the verdict of his trial. Innocent he goes, but if he's found guilty, could he realistically stay as coach with us...ofcourse not!

Whats the point? Levy must get someone new in.

I'm seething that we didn't buy Suarez or any other decent forward in Jan,but i'm even more seething that we didn't buy one in the summer transfer window 102.gif.

Scrotum face keeps on about City spending but the ironic thing is had the clown spent some money we would have had a good chance of finishing 4th.................. at the moment i'd swap him for Avram :D

Edited by alfieconn

Hard luck Spurs. I must admit, the optimist inside me was thinking there might be a lot of posts in the City thread from you lot, congratulating us. Must be having server problems :P

We've never congratulated anyone else for beating us and we've never congratulated anyone else for getting into the champions league so why would we congratulate you 7.gif.

I like this :

But while it would have been interesting to learn 'Arry's opinion on how City's wealth can be held responsible for Tottenham's tally of five Premier League points out of a possible 18 against Blackpool (x2), West Ham, Wigan, Wolves and West Brom in recent months, we didn't get to hear them because, as is customary, nobody had the bottle to ask him for it.