Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Hard luck Spurs. I must admit, the optimist inside me was thinking there might be a lot of posts in the City thread from you lot, congratulating us. Must be having server problems :P

We've never congratulated anyone else for beating us and we've never congratulated anyone else for getting into the champions league so why would we congratulate you 7.gif.

It's called sportsmanship. Doh !!

Well done Spurs. It pains me to say you were the better team on the night and deserved the win.

Doesn't mean I'm not gutted though. :)

Looks like the only thing left for me to hope for, is for Chelsea to shut the RAGS up.

Here you go Alfie. This is my post from last year, it was the day after you beat us and pipped us to the post. Sportsmanship is what it's all about, even when you lose. I don't think I need say no more ;)

Hard luck Spurs. I must admit, the optimist inside me was thinking there might be a lot of posts in the City thread from you lot, congratulating us. Must be having server problems :P

Thanks mr bo,

I'm not a fan of the style of football that Mancini plays, far 2 conservative for me, but I do wish you well for next season.

As for our ari,it's the first time I think he's got the psychology of the team selection wrong, for me towards the end of the season we lost psychological

advantage and momentum we'd gained and , and should have capitalized on, His lack of rotation gave away that advantage and in end

the end the 'small nucleus' of player's chasing of every game, imo, seemed to drain that extra spark that won has won us so many other/ big game's,

but hey ho it's up the league we must go!!!

Well done Spurs. It pains me to say you were the better team on the night and deserved the win.

Looks like the only thing left for me to hope for, is for Chelsea to shut the RAGS up.

Here you go Alfie. This is my post from last year, it was the day after you beat us and pipped us to the post. Sportsmanship is what it's all about, even when you lose. I don't think I need say no more ;)

It was difficult for me to make them same comments after the game for 2 reasons ;

A. I didn't see the game

B. From the reports that i've read they wouldn't have been true :o

:D :D :D :D

It was difficult for me to make them same comments after the game for 2 reasons ;

A. I didn't see the game

I've wished them well.....which is fair enough. But they don't deserve their place....we simply threw it away in January.

This when we all knew what was needed.....heads in the sand mentality I'm afraid.

A. I didn't see the game

A. If you didn't watch the game

B. Don't just belive reports.

Tactically, for a change, Mancini got it right, We went 1-0 up and protected that score.It was then up to you to try and score, we just wanted to avoid injuries and getting the players tired.

[

A. I didn't see the game

A. If you didn't watch the game

B. Don't just belive reports.

Tactically, for a change, Mancini got it right, We went 1-0 up and protected that score.It was then up to you to try and score, we just wanted to avoid injuries and getting the players tired.

Judging by this report, you weren't the better team, but you obviously see it differently to the bbc reporter ;)

It was the start of a spell of persistent Spurs pressure and possession, helped by City's passive approach that resulted in them being virtually camped on the edge of their own area for lengthy periods.

And the clearest sign of Spurs' complete domination came when City got Tevez ready for action

I've wished them well.....which is fair enough. But they don't deserve their place....we simply threw it away in January.

This when we all knew what was needed.....heads in the sand mentality I'm afraid.

How can you say we don't deserve that place smokes? Over the full season, it's where you end up that counts. Every team can say that they threw it away at ssome point in the season. We threw points away just like you did, otherwise we would have been 15 points clear of Man U ;)

Judging by this report, you weren't the better team, but you obviously see it differently to the bbc reporter ;)

It was the start of a spell of persistent Spurs pressure and possession, helped by City's passive approach that resulted in them being virtually camped on the edge of their own area for lengthy periods.

And the clearest sign of Spurs' complete domination came when City got Tevez ready for action

Where did I say we were the better team? I said we protected our score and didn't want to tire out or injure players. We knew you lot can't score for toffee, so we were happy "for lenghty periods" to let you try and have a go :D

You did deserve it Mr B. I also congratulated you lot recently on the Tottenham thread for the record. ;) My feelings are more of huge disappointment in our performances since January. By way of an explanation of what i think smokie was trying to say, baring in mind we only won one of our last 13 league games (1 in 16 in all competitions) the fact that we were recently still in contention is ridiculous and really shows what an oppotunity we have missed and explains why scrotum face is desperately back tracking and talking up City.

I have edited to add that our performances against the relegation strugglers has been horrific. N wonder Mr "they only had 2 points from 8 games is massively talking up City because as my old mucker Abrak will tell you....the stats don't lie.

Edited by carmine

How can you say we don't deserve that place smokes? Over the full season, it's where you end up that counts. Every team can say that they threw it away at ssome point in the season. We threw points away just like you did, otherwise we would have been 15 points clear of Man U ;)

You staggered across the line first is what I mean. Neither of our teams have shone really but fair play and good luck as I said before. :jap:

You staggered across the line first is what I mean. Neither of our teams have shone really but fair play and good luck as I said before. :jap:

Cheers smokes.

Being the forever optimist, I don't look at it that way. 2 seasons ago we were 40 points behind first place (United) at the end of the season and you were about the same. Look at how we have both closed the gap on top spot, in that short space of time. I'm happy with progress but as you haven't qualified for CL this season, I can see why your not as up beat as I am.

You did deserve it Mr B. I also congratulated you lot recently on the Tottenham thread for the record. ;) My feelings are more of huge disappointment in our performances since January. By way of an explanation of what i think smokie was trying to say, baring in mind we only won one of our last 13 league games (1 in 16 in all competitions) the fact that we were recently still in contention is ridiculous and really shows what an oppotunity we have missed and explains why scrotum face is desperately back tracking and talking up City.

I have edited to add that our performances against the relegation strugglers has been horrific. N wonder Mr "they only had 2 points from 8 games is massively talking up City because as my old mucker Abrak will tell you....the stats don't lie.

I did notice your performance against the bottom teams. I believe that Spurs lost more points against the bottom 5 than all the top 4 teams lost against the bottom 5 put together. And you have certainly lost more points against the bottom 5 than the top 5. It explains why your goal difference is so poor.

In fact LFC are in much the same position.

You have 1 win against the bottom 5. Each of the other top 4 teams have at least 7 wins (and often by very wide margins.) You simply cannot make excuses for not beating the minnows regularly apart from that you are not good enough.

You are also right to point out that Man City have not been good in the last 15 games or so but you have simply been bloody awful.

In order that you should start demanding 'sportsmanship' from your opponents you need to understand what the word fully means. It doesnt mean being a good loser. It encompasses the ethos of both 'fairness' and 'respect'. Now City can now claim they are a better team than Spurs because they have finished higher up the league table.

However as you have bought your way up the table noone is going to offer you their 'respect' or say it is 'fair'. In reality, if Blackpool avoid relegation they have achieved more in footballing terms than Man City can possibly achieve in the current year. So when you say 'hard luck' to Spurs you know it wasnt really true at all because luck didnt have much to do with it.

Next year you have CL and loads of money so what you will buy - Kaka, Hazard, Aguero, Sanchez, Abromavich or even Messi is beyond me - but the yawning chasm in your p&l will continue to show in all 'fairness' the difference between the 'respect' you aspire to and the 'respect' you deserve.

In order that you should start demanding 'sportsmanship' from your opponents you need to understand what the word fully means. It doesnt mean being a good loser. It encompasses the ethos of both 'fairness' and 'respect'. Now City can now claim they are a better team than Spurs because they have finished higher up the league table.

However as you have bought your way up the table noone is going to offer you their 'respect' or say it is 'fair'. In reality, if Blackpool avoid relegation they have achieved more in footballing terms than Man City can possibly achieve in the current year. So when you say 'hard luck' to Spurs you know it wasnt really true at all because luck didnt have much to do with it.

Next year you have CL and loads of money so what you will buy - Kaka, Hazard, Aguero, Sanchez, Abromavich or even Messi is beyond me - but the yawning chasm in your p&l will continue to show in all 'fairness' the difference between the 'respect' you aspire to and the 'respect' you deserve.

What an absolute load of tosh you talk.

Firstly, the sportsmanship was meant to be between 2 fans. Not about the clubs finances or anything else for that matter. Just between 2 fans.

Secondly, YOU have to understand what the word means and nowhere in any definition I can find, is the word repect. So don't think you are better than a dictionary and think you have the right to interpret the definition as you please. However, it is about fair play and if you can find anything that we have done to be not within the rules of the FA, then please state them here.

Here is the definition of sportsmanship for clarity:-

1.The fact or practice of participating in sports or a sport.

2.Conduct and attitude considered as befitting participants in sports, especially fair play, courtesy, striving spirit, and grace in losing.

As far as I am concerened, we tick the box of every one of the points above.

Lastly, you talk about how we have bought our way up the table. Please, I beg you, name me a club who hasn't bought their way up the table. If you don't spend money, you are going downwards. Every single club spends money on players. And so prey tell me, oh lord of fair play. What ceiling have you set on the amount that is ok to spend and the amount that isn't.

Sweeping statements like you have made are absolutely ridiculous.

On second thought, this is bloody hilarious :cheesy:

On second thought, this is bloody hilarious :cheesy:

Even funnier to see our mod replying with such gusto. Raw nerve at Eastlands? :lol:

Even funnier to see our mod replying with such gusto. Raw nerve at Eastlands? :lol:

:lol:

Before I was a mod, i was a real person you know :D

I'm kist waiting for all those 'new' fans to show up on your thread. Just like what happened with Chelski. :lol:

crikey abs youve gone an proper lost it, the owner of chelsea??? will also play for city????.............3-1 ya maaahgz, dal farkin glish ? you soppy mugs

crikey abs youve gone an proper lost it, the owner of chelsea??? will also play for city????.............3-1 ya maaahgz, dal farkin glish ? you soppy mugs

A 'tilt' at the title. That's what they're calling it next season....382 new players coming in and Ian Rush's moustache is selling hot cakes.....all we need is the messiah's headpiece and its beyond any doubt. Nailed on....or glued as is yer fetish like...

A 'tilt' at the title. That's what they're calling it next season....382 new players coming in and Ian Rush's moustache is selling hot cakes.....all we need is the messiah's headpiece and its beyond any doubt. Nailed on....or glued as is yer fetish like...

But its so true...i was so excited reading the scousers thread this morning i nearly exploded in my trousers. :o

Interesting piece in todays Guardian.

Apparently redknapp says he was advised by our scouts that Suarez was not up to it, too similar to Van Der Vaart and could'nt adapt.

Great.....so its not only our manager but our scouts aswell that could'nt see what we all could.

I can't see us being able to get nyone really decent now even if we would pay the wages, which ofcourse we wont. Better focus on keeping Modders

Apparently redknapp says he was advised by our scouts that Suarez was not up to it, too similar to Van Der Vaart and could'nt adapt.

Great.....so its not only our manager but our scouts aswell that could'nt see what we all could.

I can't see us being able to get nyone really decent now even if we would pay the wages, which ofcourse we wont. Better focus on keeping Modders

Have we got the scout's name address and most important the number of his nearest optician? :blink:

Honestly trying to blame a scout is pathetic....its his job to look at the vids and go see him in person when there's an outlay of £25m on the cards. What a joke!

Have we got the scout's name address and most important the number of his nearest optician? :blink:

Honestly trying to blame a scout is pathetic....its his job to look at the vids and go see him in person when there's an outlay of £25m on the cards. What a joke!

Proved it for Ajax. Stepped up in the world cup and proved it again. Great speed, movement and a natural goal scorer. Quite simple really and at a price that will prove to be a bargain.

I can only imagine scrotum face was out with Sandra walking the dogs when Uraguay were playing :)

Edited by carmine