Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I am now a proud shareholder in Spurs so I guess that makes me a supporter of sorts. To be honest if you realized what a piddly shit little company your club is you would wonder why you are supporting it in the first place. The entire club is valued at roughly the same amount that Chelsea paid to hire Torres to play football for them for 5 years. Still I invested less than a week of Torres's wages so it really isnt going to make a lot of difference either here nor there.

I am now a proud shareholder in Spurs so I guess that makes me a supporter of sorts. To be honest if you realized what a piddly shit little company your club is you would wonder why you are supporting it in the first place. The entire club is valued at roughly the same amount that Chelsea paid to hire Torres to play football for them for 5 years. Still I invested less than a week of Torres's wages so it really isnt going to make a lot of difference either here nor there.

So out of the "piddly shit little company" you have invested in and all your research! :lol: how much did you pay for your shares and what kind of returns are you looking for in the very distant future?

What are your reasons for this,just because they are cheap? :whistling:

So out of the "piddly shit little company" you have invested in and all your research! :lol: how much did you pay for your shares and what kind of returns are you looking for in the very distant future?

No certainly I am speculating. I wouldnt normally invest in something unless I knew what time the CEO went for a shit in the morning.

If I asked you what you thought Man U was worth with over 700m of debt you could easily argue it was bust or you could take a view that it was actually worth 2bn quid. Pretty much the same applies to Spurs, if they pursue their current business strategy until the nth degree they will go bust. The biggest assumption I am making is that Levy will not bankrupt the company and really there is no indication he will. On the other hand it is very easy to see that the business might be worth at least 5x as much in 5 years time just as I think it is possible that Man U might be worth 2bn in 5 years time.

But it would certainly be wrong to take a view that I had done too much analysis. Essentially football is currently a shit business so there is no value. But I am pretty confident that if Spurs does not go bust, I will make pretty good money on it.

As for what I paid it was the market price and I wouldnt have bought unless I thought that I was going to make several multiples of my purchase price in the far distant future.

Edited by Abrak

No certainly I am speculating. I wouldnt normally invest in something unless I knew what time the CEO went for a shit in the morning.

If I asked you what you thought Man U was worth with over 700m of debt you could easily argue it was bust or you could take a view that it was actually worth 2bn quid. Pretty much the same applies to Spurs, if they pursue their current business strategy until the nth degree they will go bust. The biggest assumption I am making is that Levy will not bankrupt the company and really there is no indication he will. On the other hand it is very easy to see that the business might be worth at least 5x as much in 5 years time just as I think it is possible that Man U might be worth 2bn in 5 years time.

But it would certainly be wrong to take a view that I had done too much analysis. Essentially football is currently a shit business so there is no value. But I am pretty confident that if Spurs does not go bust, I will make pretty good money on it.

As for what I paid it was the market price and I wouldnt have bought unless I thought that I was going to make several multiples of my purchase price in the far distant future.

There is a forum for your business needs. Don't bore us on this thread with your ramblings. wink.gif

INteresting.

What is its value - and do they pay dividends?

. To be honest if you realized what a piddly shit little company your club is you would wonder why you are supporting it in the first place.

Thats rich coming from a scouser with all the problems you've had over the last few years .

Anyway whats the value of a club on the Stock Exchange got to do with weather we support them or not :o besides most of us were supporting then before they even became a company.

It seems we've reached the pivitol point in the transfer window.

Diarra and Llorente bids too low....probably derisory when you consider Madrid have already dropped their asking price for lass by 5m. (Whats going on now really highlights the massive cock up over Leandro Damiao....i suppose redknapp did'nt rate him any higher than Suarez. Why can't our manager see any potential in a player under 30 years of age i'll never know :) )

Stoke seem very set on offering a 20m package for Palacios and Crouch. I'd snap their hands off. Sunderland want Pav...but for 14m! :huh:

Why are Keane, Dos Santos still on our books Bentley's career at Tottenham is clearly over before it started so why on earth not cut our losses , save some huge wage bills and get rid of him for a realistic price?

This next week is make or break for us. Levy's just got to sort this out. We still have a tremendous squad with two or three additions. Redknapp will hold us back until he takes the England job but theres nothing we can do about that because he'll right royally screw us for compensation so lets hope he's found guilty of tax fraud. We must get a top notch striker to have any faint apirations of a top four finish. Mind you, i'd happily go into next season with only our marquee signin being Brad if it meant getting shot of scrotum face. ( I'd also love to have that german coach that took Dortmund to the bundesliga title last season.) Anyone else totally f_ucked off with the way he already started telling our squad we're not good enough for the top four? Funny how the uk football media seems more positive about than our self serving manger. :angry:

Edited by carmine

Diarra and Llorente bids too low....probably derisory when you consider Madrid have already dropped their asking price for lass by 5m. (Whats going on now really highlights the massive cock up over Leandro Damiao....i suppose redknapp did'nt rate him any higher than Suarez. Why can't our manager see any potential in a player under 30 years of age i'll never know :) )

Stoke seem very set on offering a 20m package for Palacios and Crouch. I'd snap their hands off. Sunderland want Pav...but for 14m! :huh:

Why are Keane, Dos Santos still on our books Bentley's career at Tottenham is clearly over before it started so why on earth not cut our losses , save some huge wage bills and get rid of him for a realistic price?

This next week is make or break for us. Levy's just got to sort this out. We still have a tremendous squad with two or three additions. Redknapp will hold us back until he takes the England job but theres nothing we can do about that because he'll right royally screw us for compensation so lets hope he's found guilty of tax fraud. We must get a top notch striker to have any faint apirations of a top four finish. Mind you, i'd happily go into next season with only our marquee signin being Brad if it meant getting shot of scrotum face. ( I'd also love to have that german coach that took Dortmund to the bundesliga title last season.) Anyone else totally f_ucked off with the way he already started telling our squad we're not good enough for the top four? Funny how the uk football media seems more positive about than our self serving manger. :angry:

There's nothing to say mate. No one is going anywhere. Bentley will be going to training and enjoying his weekends off. He must love life at Tottenham. sad.gif

There's nothing to say mate. No one is going anywhere. Bentley will be going to training and enjoying his weekends off. He must love life at Tottenham. sad.gif

Its particularily annoying about Bentley and Dos Santos. These two have loads of ability but as professional sportsmen, their attitudes suck.

Its particularily annoying about Bentley and Dos Santos. These two have loads of ability but as professional sportsmen, their attitudes suck.

I have now officially given up any hope of signing a striker. Six place this season if we're lucky. Harry will however probably sign a left winger as cover for Lennon. A 35 year old left winger that is.

It seems that the CPS have a very strong case against Redknapp. So much so its probably about time to start discussing options for our new manager. :whistling: Please don't put forward David Moyes. ;)

Like a fish to bait, here I come.

No way would Moysey move to Spurs. I don't think it is much of a step up, if any, from Everton really. Although if you doubled his money he might.

I wouldn't blame him either, if he was promised transfer funds.

But I don't think he'd go.

So who else would you like?

Edited by sharecropper

It seems that the CPS have a very strong case against Redknapp. So much so its probably about time to start discussing options for our new manager. :whistling: Please don't put forward David Moyes. ;)

No way would Moysey move to Spurs. I don't think it is much of a step up, if any, from Everton really. Although if you doubled his money he might.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ancelotti hasn't already been lined up, him on garden leave for a year and Redknapp leaves in a year :o .

Moyes is a very good manager but i just don't think he's a good fit for us thats all.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ancelotti hasn't already been lined up, him on garden leave for a year and Redknapp leaves in a year :o .

On gardening leave! He'll be lucky to be on parole let alone gardening leave Alf

On gardening leave! He'll be lucky to be on parole let alone gardening leave Alf

That's Ancelotti on garden leave carms :D

Has Martin O'Neil got a new job yet? I rate him personally.

Funny - those were exactly my thoughts. I'm amazed he's still hanging loose, though he is clearly demanding to handle and is presumably waiting for a big raiding fund and a weak chairman. By all accounts of the Spuds fans on this thread Levy doesn't fit that bill.

Funny - those were exactly my thoughts. I'm amazed he's still hanging loose, though he is clearly demanding to handle and is presumably waiting for a big raiding fund and a weak chairman. By all accounts of the Spuds fans on this thread Levy doesn't fit that bill.

Based on O'Neils record in the market i'd make Levy right.

Meanwhile back at WHL we now have a fixture build up due to that ridiculous europa league competition that no ones interested in, and are currently on the cusp of signing Llorente and Diarra.....but ofcourse the deals will both fall through because of wage demands and we'll settle for an average premier league carthorse of a striker and maybe one other 30 plus year old on a free.

Happy days.

Based on O'Neils record in the market i'd make Levy right.

Meanwhile back at WHL we now have a fixture build up due to that ridiculous europa league competition that no ones interested in, and are currently on the cusp of signing Llorente and Diarra.....but ofcourse the deals will both fall through because of wage demands and we'll settle for an average premier league carthorse of a striker and maybe one other 30 plus year old on a free.

Happy days.

I would have phrased it as "on the precipice".

I can't get excited about prospects of top class signings unless someone can explain to me why a top class player would want to join us for a 50% wage cut with no realistic hope of CL.

I think we should do away with our wage structure and quite simply get the rubbish off our books that our bleeding our monthly wage bill. The only way we can fund top players like Llorente and Diarra will be by offloading the crap that wobbly chops never plays anyway!!!

A quick question for the whole forum; What the hell is Cahill still doing at Bolton? Madness a player of that quality not playing for a bigger club.....

To be fair carms, in Levy and Redknapp we have a real win double in that they both talk a load of <deleted>

• DH asked if it was a deliberate tactic to wait until the end of the window before any intense activity? DL said he understood why there was this perception but this was far from deliberate, it was just the way the transfer market worked with buying clubs having their 1-10 wish lists and the fact it takes time to work this through.

How comes other teams have no problems in getting players in early on in the transfer window :o

O'Hara 5m Done

Keane 3m

Crouch

Palacios 20m

Dos Santos 5m

Jenas 7m

Bentley 7m

Hutton 5m

I'd probably opt for keeping Crouch and loosing Defoe but it does'nt seem like this is a goer.

Thers an aweful lot of cash there and a massive reduction in the wage bill. I have'nt included Kranjcar because i'd rather keep him but he'd go for 8/10m if we sold him. I we keep him we must play him but he's predominently left sided.

I'll be interested to see where Bale plays this season but then again this depends on who we buy. If we did get the right strlker we might well be geared up for playing 4-3-3.

:o There i go again dreaming a pleasant fiction! We would be soooo strong this season with a top quality striker and the midfield boosted by Diarra and keeping Modders would be awesome.

A quick question for the whole forum; What the hell is Cahill still doing at Bolton? Madness a player of that quality not playing for a bigger club.....

Perhaps he has the wrong agent.

Ten bob says he won't be there by the end of August. Long way to go until 6pm on 31st August. If nobody else bids stupid money Wenger will eventually reluctantly turn out his pockets (assuming the Fab/Nas money is secure).

I'll go one better and say ten bob says a deal with someone is signed by August 24th (date of Arsenal's second leg away to Udinese in the CL). Once (if) kicked out of that competition Wenger has no chance of a trophy signing.

Edited by SantiSuk