Tottenham Thread

chonabot

i know a team thats bottom of the league and a healthy goal difference to boot rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif and you think we have problems, muppets ! laugh.gif

Sorry, whats that about goal difference tiges :o and we why would think you've got problems :D

er, are you or are you not bottom of the league at the moment and looking at relegation ? where as we are one spot off the drop zone ! laugh.gif

come on alfie crack a smile once in a while. we are both <deleted> at the moment, fact. just got to have a bit of a laugh about it, that's all.

i mean it could be worse, you could have been born in Manchester and have an accent like Jack Duckworth out of Coronation street. ph34r.gif

I did actually crack a smile 8 times last night Tiges :D

Just a thought ! would it not be worth keeping Dos Santos for the new manager to use, he's the sort of player if he was at Utd that we'd all be raving about :o

He does'nt get on with Redknapp does he. Hold on a minute.....He could be another rookie for Utd could'nt he. A regular international and rated as one of Mexico's best players that he is. ;)

Its a real shame he does'nt want to play for ball bag face. :(

Just a thought ! would it not be worth keeping Dos Santos for the new manager to use, he's the sort of player if he was at Utd that we'd all be raving about :o

He does'nt get on with Redknapp does he. Hold on a minute.....He could be another rookie for Utd could'nt he. A regular international and rated as one of Mexico's best players that he is. ;)

Of course if he went to your mob he would be just another youngster that you're blooding :o:D :D :D

here's an interesting statistic. any thoughts, spurs sorts?

Redknapp

P54 22W 15L 17D

Ramos

P54 21W 17L 16D

Well my first thought is that you have obviously fudged the statistic because we all know that Ramos was a manager of Spurs for far less time than Redknapp.

So the fountain of all knowledge - Wikipedia - tells me that Redknapp's stats are....

P149 W71 L38 D40

So I am guessing that the stats you have shown are Redknapp's last 54 games of his 149 games. Given that I know he has only won 3 of his last 14 games in the Premiership that could well be right. So assuming that is correct my thought is this 'Ramos was sacked because he was bloody useless' but Redknapp is now living on the fact 'that he was good in the past.'

you assume correctly, they're redknapp's last 54 matches.

i don't think redknapp's ever been a particularly good manager and i think he comes out with the same sort of self-justifying crap that roy hodgson did when he was at liverpool last season. his blaming the pre-season and modric for his own tactical inabilities against city was particularly pathetic.

you assume correctly, they're redknapp's last 54 matches.

i don't think redknapp's ever been a particularly good manager and i think he comes out with the same sort of self-justifying crap that roy hodgson did when he was at liverpool last season. his blaming the pre-season and modric for his own tactical inabilities against city was particularly pathetic.

I do agree about the last point. Essentially I disliked Hodgson from the beginning because he was using Liverpool as a stepping stone to the England job so everything was about 'self-justifying crap' and now Redknapp is doing exactly the same - everything is about him and some 'self-justifying crap' and nothing is about his actual club. And it is simply 'ugly'.

But it really is difficult to 'sack' Redknapp.

Of course if he went to your mob he would be just another youngster that you're blooding :o:D :D :D

that was suppose to have read :

Of course if he went to there mob he would be just another youngster that there're blooding

Last year he gave spurs a decent run in your first CL. You don't be come a crap manager in one plus years, it took rafa 4 years by my count.

redknapp was never a 'good' manager. spurs getting to the quarter-finals of the CL was like a lower league club getting to the quarter-finals of the FA cup on sheer adrenaline and a few savvy players. he's tactically inept and seems to believe his players will get by on the strength of his own bubbly diamond geezer personality.

i'll ignore your typically rubbish rafa benitez comment james.

Last year he gave spurs a decent run in your first CL. You don't be come a crap manager in one plus years, it took rafa 4 years by my count.

redknapp was never a 'good' manager. spurs getting to the quarter-finals of the CL was like a lower league club getting to the quarter-finals of the FA cup on sheer adrenaline and a few savvy players. he's tactically inept and seems to believe his players will get by on the strength of his own bubbly diamond geezer personality.

To be fair Stevie, I very much doubt you are interested in having a manager, manage Liverpool, that has his eyes on managing England in 12 months time. However good he is.

To be fair Stevie, I very much doubt you are interested in having a manager, manage Liverpool, that has his eyes on managing England in 12 months time. However good he is.

i'm not talking about england though abrak.

Well that's us been beaten by the top two....looks like the gulf between them and the rest will be huge this season....

Anyway back to the rest of the premiership and I don't see anyone better than us...maybe the scousers if they can keep up their good form...but I reckon their squad is too thin....Chelski will be there or abouts but not in the same league as the Manc clubs....as for the other lot....well I'm still smiling....I bet tigerfish aint!:D

Well that's us been beaten by the top two....looks like the gulf between them and the rest will be huge this season....

Anyway back to the rest of the premiership and I don't see anyone better than us...maybe the scousers if they can keep up their good form...but I reckon their squad is too thin....Chelski will be there or abouts but not in the same league as the Manc clubs....as for the other lot....well I'm still smiling....I bet tigerfish aint!:D

reckon our squad is different gravy to that of spurs this season. we've finally got 2 players per position after all this time.

that was suppose to have read :

Of course if he went to there mob he would be just another youngster that there're blooding

lol it sounded better when you was talking to yourself laugh.gif

reckon our squad is different gravy to that of spurs this season. we've finally got 2 players per position after all this time.

Your side aint bad Stevie....with a fully fit Gerrard you'll likely fly but I reckon you're short defensively...and obviously Carroll is a worry for you. If Suarez gets injured you'll struggle a bit. Kuyt should easily be on the teamsheet before the geordie though.

mate ive had enough flack these past two days and ive still got to go into work tomorrow morning ! laugh.gif

Edited by tigerfish

Your side aint bad Stevie....with a fully fit Gerrard you'll likely fly but I reckon you're short defensively...and obviously Carroll is a worry for you. If Suarez gets injured you'll struggle a bit. Kuyt should easily be on the teamsheet before the geordie though.

kuyt is already on many reds' first XI teamsheet before carroll anyway smokie, many are happy to have carroll on the bench for now. he's 21 years old, he's still a kid - it's only the price tag which makes people assume he must be a guaranteed starter, and they need to get past the transfer fee. it's irrelevant.

i think this season we're going to have to fly quite a bit without gerrard. if you look at our major summer signings - henderson, adam, downing - all of them play in / cover positions that gerrard plays. centre mid, right mid, attacking mid. think that's telling.

i think this season we're going to have to fly quite a bit without gerrard. if you look at our major summer signings - henderson, adam, downing - all of them play in / cover positions that gerrard plays. centre mid, right mid, attacking mid. think that's telling.

Three excellent summer signings especially Downing, who is a top class player. But I think Kenny should have upped his offer for Young when he was first interested in the Villa pair.

Three excellent summer signings especially Downing, who is a top class player. But I think Kenny should have upped his offer for Young when he was first interested in the Villa pair.

young only had eyes for old trafford, there was no point.

Our good run in the CL was all down to the players and had very little to do with Redknapp. First half against Young Boys we were overun because he did'nt play Huddlestone. Brought him on in the second half, Hudd controlled things and Pavlyuchenko gave us a lifeline for the second leg. We were anihilated by Inter in Italy with Bale saving the day with one of the best hat tricks you'll ever see but Redknapps tactics and team set up were horrible.

Back to the league game at the Library. He sets us up so wide they just walked through the middle as Arsenal like to do. Everyone could see it except Redknap. I know why Wenger was so pissed off because he knew they should have been four up at ht and game over. The change was forced and at the end of the game he takes the credit! His set up for the Utd game as someone mentioned left me numb. In the City game he played Modric with Kranjcar, leaving Huddlestone on the bench. Madness. Then starts bleating about the fact he had no defensive midfield!! Getting it totally wrong in the initial team set up is a feature of his chirpy cockney, nudge nudge wink wink, slip this in yer back pocket treacle management and the sooner this out of his depth (top four/CL level) man f-ucks off the better. Unfortunately his trial date was put back and Levy is aware that it'll cost big time to get rid of him.

He takes the credit for bringing through Bale and Sandro too although he only gave them a go when he had no other choice due to injuries. He also does'nt seem to realise that teams worked out the Crouch/VDV knock downs some time ago.

Only a few hours left and Daniel is still out there playing poker....do you think he's actually enjoying this a bit too much?

Here here I hope he remembers that sometimes you lose at poker badly.

If you believe the rumour mill its Cahill and surely we can't fuc_k up the Parker deal now....as to another striker coming in or Crouch leaving I wouldn't like to hazard a guess either way.....I hope there's enough hours in the day.

Not to mention he will try to pull the last minute rabbit out of the hat again so he can be the hero of the hour....meanwhile I'll be working...with the radio turned off and a TV and internet embargo....until this evening....fingers crossed....unsure.gif

meanwhile I'll be working...with the radio turned off and a TV and internet embargo....until this evening....fingers crossed...

I say that every year. But resistence is futile :D

No mate...the January pain is still fresh in the memory....sad.gif

Not too many teams will beat Liverpool this year, I reckon they will be right up there above Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs.

I dare not say above the other 2 - they look awesome.biggrin.gif

Actually I think Arsenal and Spurs will struggle to be above the likes of Bolton, Stoke and Sunderland etc.

Edited by uptheos

Not too many teams will beat Liverpool this year, I reckon they will be right up there above Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs.

I dare not say above the other 2 - they look awesome.biggrin.gif

Actually I think Arsenal and Spurs will struggle to be above the likes of Bolton, Stoke and Sunderland etc.

I'd up the medication if I were you ermm.gif