Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Yeah, i think thats the only question mark. I reckon Lennon will start as an attacking option and if we go in at ht in the lead hopefully Sandro will come on and he and Parker will close things down.

Lets hope Harry doesn't meddle!!:D

Their no 8 Johnson is the threat. He had a cracking game on Thursday evening so lets hope his legs are still recovering.

Anyway our lads should be fresh after a week off. Harry is still recuperating at home by all accounts so no worries there! biggrin.gif

Hi, as a lifelong Tottenham fan i thought i would contribute with fellow yids on here. Don't get the time to post on here much but will try and get on here, especially if we keep on winning! lol

Very tough game today.

Fulham never seem to have all their front players fit and on form, what with Dempsey and johnson having long term injuries and Zamora and Dembele always having niggles.

As we speak they are all fit and finding form and they have won their last two games impressively.

Could be a high scoring affair. If we can get a result, even a draw to keep our unbeaten run going, we would then have five consecutive games that are very winnable leading up to the Chelsea home game just before christmas.

Fancy a 3-2 or even a 4-3 either way today.Lets hope we can come out on top, COYS!

An easy win...cracking left boot from Lennon....can't remember the rest sorry Fulham fans but 3-1 don't lie...whistling.gif

Tottenham were shocking! lady luck was really with them, Fulham played them off the park for 90% of the game...the stats were something like 25 shots from Fulham and i think about 5-6 from Tottenham.

An easy win...cracking left boot from Lennon....can't remember the rest sorry Fulham fans but 3-1 don't lie...whistling.gif

Tottenham were shocking! lady luck was really with them, Fulham played them off the park for 90% of the game...the stats were something like 25 shots from Fulham and i think about 5-6 from Tottenham.

Nonsense. It was a fine performance...3-1...easy like I said.

Now where are those American tanks eh?...Its all propaganda I tell ya.....

Oh i forgot, Tottenham the so called 'big club' who never wins nothing :). Looking forward to all you cry babies on the radio again when you lose to likes of wolves and wigan at home.

played some great football in the first half and deserved the 2 goal lead, but in the 2nd Fulham closed us down and generally made life hard , and on the balance of play we were lucky 2 take all three points. However, the difference between the teams today? the strike forces ours took their opps there's didn't and they certainly had more than enuf to easily win the game. As for frediel being MOM, couldn't see it, seemed to have vv 'soft' hands and spilled it quite a few times, luckily it just fell kindly, if Gomezz had done the same the world would have been on his case!! but freidel, gets MOM, what a strange world!!!!

Oh i forgot, Tottenham the so called 'big club' who never wins nothing :). Looking forward to all you cry babies on the radio again when you lose to likes of wolves and wigan at home.

Wigan played well for the first half hour yesterday....but are hopeless up front. Wolves siezed the initiative and buried them....at least that's how it looked to me.

We'll be quaking in our boots......is that the best you can do by the way? coffee1.gif

Tottenham were very much in control in the first half. Very composed, no problems.

Second half was all Fulham and yes they deserved a point out of that match. Just to correct your post it was 20 shots to Fulham and 8 to Spurs. They had 56% possession.

You seem a bit miffed. It really wasn't our fault Fulham didn't take their chances.

Anyway, 3 points is 3 points and we'll take 'em thanks very much.

Tottenham were very much in control in the first half. Very composed, no problems.

Second half was all Fulham and yes they deserved a point out of that match. Just to correct your post it was 20 shots to Fulham and 8 to Spurs. They had 56% possession.

You seem a bit miffed. It really wasn't our fault Fulham didn't take their chances.

Why Defoe was brought on for VDV second half I'll never know....should have been Sandro imo....or even Sandra lol! biggrin.gif

Why Defoe was brought on for VDV second half I'll never know....should have been Sandro imo....or even Sandra lol! biggrin.gif

Agreed. They took control in the second half. I couldn't understand why Sandro wasn't beought on earlier to close things down. Why couldn't Bond and Jordan see it. We were lucky yesterday but we could have made life much easier if we beefed up our midfield for the second half.

I was thinking the exact same thing smokes :D

First of all Gadafii, the posters who frequent this thread are all highly educated so if you are going to participate on this thread we would be appreciate an improvement in the grammar :o .

The terminology you have used suggests that you could still be at school and if that is the case we suggest you come back and post when your a little older :lol:

Edited by alfieconn

Pls dnt brng r frd 2 v lvl f uvr frds!

And Alfie (by the by - as this is a Football thread - don't criticise other peoples grammar, when your own ain't up to scratch)!

There was definitely something wrong against Fulham. Supposedly, our strongest team (almost) but no excuses! I think we just played far too deep, and Tottenham are not set-up to do that. Whilst Parker has been great recently, we had our best attacking players all trying to play a defensive role!

We played some 'triangle' balls in an attempt to keep possession, Adebayor would 'come back' and then slide a ball to a Fulham player to put us back on the back foot!

Fulham pushed and pushed and eventually lost! Great result, p*ss poor performance!

I think everyone, including SFM's, were lucky!

Getting your face smashed in is a bit of a shock to the system, so its no surprise the new Spurs Parker engine wasn't working so well in the 2nd half

Fair point , well made!

Though whist he received an accidental elbow to the bridge of his nose, it was not 'getting his head smashed in'!

Most of the 'talent' in the premiership, would have run-off, crying to their mums, or said that he called me names!

Scott Parker is our best recent buy (though he may have come free), we need our other midfielders (whether holding or not) to learn from him, whist he is still fit.

COYS!

First of all Gadafii, the posters who frequent this thread are all highly educated so if you are going to participate on this thread we would be appreciate an improvement in the grammar :o .

The terminology you have used suggests that you could still be at school and if that is the case we suggest you come back and post when your a little older :lol:

Improve your spelling when complaining about someones grammar. Highly educated people who come from a dump like Tottenham? I doubt that very much :D

Improve your spelling when complaining about someones grammar. Highly educated people who come from a dump like Tottenham? I doubt that very much :D

Football please!jap.gif

Back to the library is it Kadafi? Or are you a mate of Seapoke and his band of merry philanderers?

Back to the library is it Kadafi? Or are you a mate of Seapoke and his band of merry philanderers?

Don't know any seapoke or require any bum chums...i guess you might have 1 or 2 though, no doubt your the thread captain :) good lad.

Don't know any seapoke or require any bum chums...i guess you might have 1 or 2 though, no doubt your the thread captain :) good lad.

You are welcome on the thread but have you anything to say about Spurs or indeed about football?

I'm a little concerned that Sandro is not going to be playing too much which would mean him wanting to leave,perhaps being sold and in a couple of years when Parker is past it we are back to square one.

Now we can play Sandro with Parker and Modric on the right but i prefer playing Lennon there who is a natural right sided player,anyone got any other ideas, answers on a post card please, to :

Harry Redknapp

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

748, High Rd

Tottenham N17 0AP

Pls dnt brng r frd 2 v lvl f uvr frds!

And Alfie (by the by - as this is a Football thread - don't criticise other peoples grammar, when your own ain't up to scratch)!

Ok Dad 113.gif and by the way that should be "isn't " and not ain't :D

I take it 'off-line' ,highlighted (in bold - for those still viewing in B&W), my deliberate 80's NW London colloquialism and still get 'dissed' and here we go! Innit tho!blink.gif I think this belongs on the Man City thread?

cool.gif Shamone - mo-fo - Back to Football, I've started another thread for bitchin' - check it out!

Edited by trevorg

Well we have a choice of 2 smokes, lack of brain cells means he could be a wetspammer or being as he doesn't have too much to say he could be a gooner :lol::D

I'm a little concerned that Sandro is not going to be playing too much which would mean him wanting to leave,perhaps being sold and in a couple of years when Parker is past it we are back to square one.

Now we can play Sandro with Parker and Modric on the right but i prefer playing Lennon there who is a natural right sided player,anyone got any other ideas, answers on a post card please, to :

Harry Redknapp

748, High Rd

Tottenham N17 0AP

Does the answer lie in pushing monkey boy back to left back? perhaps, but i'd hate to clip his wings when he's getting back to the great form of last season.

The other situation with Sandro is he's not being used enough antway as you've said. If Bond/Jordan had had the sense to bring him on 20 minutes earlier we wouldn't have had to go through that shitstorm of a second half where we lost the midfield. We were lucky and i'm still quite alarmed that these guys in charge of our team couldn't see this! Am i missing something or was it totally obvious?

Basically if you want to keep the balance and play Lennon, Parker and Sandro i think we have to drop Bale back because Modric doesn't really excell coming in from the right. Its worth a try. and i think its perfect for away games. Not many teams will fair well against that midfield and we'd have Walker and Bale darting down the flanks. Love to see him pick that team.

Harry Redknapp

748, High Rd

Tottenham N17 0AP

Does the answer lie in pushing monkey boy back to left back? perhaps, but i'd hate to clip his wings when he's getting back to the great form of last season.

The other situation with Sandro is he's not being used enough antway as you've said. If Bond/Jordan had had the sense to bring him on 20 minutes earlier we wouldn't have had to go through that shitstorm of a second half where we lost the midfield. We were lucky and i'm still quite alarmed that these guys in charge of our team couldn't see this! Am i missing something or was it totally obvious?

Basically if you want to keep the balance and play Lennon, Parker and Sandro i think we have to drop Bale back because Modric doesn't really excell coming in from the right. Its worth a try. and i think its perfect for away games. Not many teams will fair well against that midfield and we'd have Walker and Bale darting down the flanks. Love to see him pick that team.

It was obvious to anyone. I think the assistants got carried away by the flattering scoreline and thought they could score their way out of trouble.

I'm not worried about Sandro....he knows the score. Parker is a top player and when he gets his chance he must grab it. No disgrace in being kept out of the team by a player of that quality.

Well we have a choice of 2 smokes, lack of brain cells means he could be a wetspammer or being as he doesn't have too much to say he could be a gooner :lol::D

My money's on a dysfunctional little Bermondsey lad who got picked on at school. wink.gif