Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Carmines right since cannelloni resigned and the speculation on our ari's tottereringham future has been top of the pops for the sori sad fuc_kwits in the media our form has gone from hero to zero, If we started the season rather than ended it with this form, 100% ari would not have a job. let alone be the fav 4 the England job, yet to totally blame ari's situ would be naive, on reflection the transfer window seriously weakened us, corluka never really replaced, pav inadequality replaced by an aging injury prone saha, bassong by a player who aint played for 2ish seasons, 100% defo not good enuf. Our injury situ hasnt been great but for a supposed top squad we should well have been able to cope.add it that 2 our ari's lack of tactical nous, the romors of slackness in spurs fitness regimes, players not getting reserve games b4 the come bac to fitness, add that all up what have you got ? imo a fuc_kin mess. Most of the above f/ups can be laid at ari's feet, but levy shouldnt be let off the hook, 11th most wealthy clubn!!! <deleted> time we showed it , if we'd blown a some wedge in the transdfer window instead of doing it on the cheap, would we have stiopped the slump? i'm not sure, at least it couldnt be said we didnt try whereas now it could. justifiably be said. as it is levy should shoulder a fair proportion of the blame. As for our aris successor, basically he;s got more or less a total rebuild on his hands personally i dont think Rodgers is up to it , he'seems good at a certain style of play and using the english transfer market on the cheap, which might suit levy but will it suit spurs and the fickle white hart lane fans? I think not. ive been saying canneloni for a while after all he could be partly blamed for the mess , but getting him would be expensive and would probably need a HUGE transfer budget . The other guy that i've got to say impresses me is Martinez, his team play good football and he'sastute tactically has a good eye for a European bargain,something spurs could. use well. ah well lets just hope we can get it 2 gether and win the remaining games. personally i think were so far away from being a good team, 3 games is 2 little time to turn it around.

fair appraisal and i would be very happy with Martinez.

I'd also like to see a major overhaul of the Spurs fitness regime etc etc. Too many injuries and are players being brought back too early and end up breaking down again? Lennon and Gallas for example

Yeah it's been long standing criticism of ari's teams that they run out of steam towards the end of the season and 4 sure we've had far to many players get re injured dawson lennon gallas ect ect but comin bac 2 early? maybe, but the machines and the doctors can tell when a body is fit , but what they cant put into the equation is 'match fitness' which we all know is totally different and totally individual and imo having no reserve team , is an issue that has a play, i know people say , uncompetative, waste of time ect ect,,but what it acts as is a tried and tested steppn stone in gettin the body and mind back 2 match fitness, could we have avoided those re injuries, who knows, but one things for sure, the budget 100% rules at spurs, and just look at the transfers in and out this season it 100 % confirms that, out: crouch, pienner , pav, corluka, bassong, Palacios, hutton, and in saha, parker ,adeboy, Freda, nelson, good enuf? for a champions league team ? I think not, mid table more like it

Edited by rijit

well if we are really unlucky, we need to get 3rd to qualify for CL. Not that I belive Chelsea will win it, as they will be without several players, but you never know.

I'm not sure we'll finish as high as fifth the way we are playing. Dreading every game at the moment. Not really even thinking about champions league. I just hope levy realises he has to make some major changes this summer. If Redknapp had any intention of not taking the England job he would have said something positive for Spurs. He hasn't and levy should get rid of him and Bond for that matter. Its really starting to look like they have lost the dressing room anyway. The team looks totally demoralised. Redknapps tactics and team set up are laughable and will someone please explain to me <deleted> Bond does? That is apart from pandering to Redknapp and otherwise looking permanently confused.

As for the champions league, If Bayern do get to the final Chelsea have a greay chance because theres a high likelehood the Germans will be crucified by suspensions. I very much doubt a depleated Chelsea will beat Mourinho's Madrid.

Good point bout ari, fuc_kin media 2 scared of their own shadows to ask the right questions. And as for levy getting rid, agreed the our second half of the season he should do, look what happened to jol, but will he?, ABSO NO CHANCE he smells a BIG PAY DAY. But in fairness to ari and bond, every manager needs/should have someone on the staff thats 100% on their side, 2 bounce ideas off, talk things through and rightly or wrongly ari's picked bandy, seems they are mates,they even car share 2 work to together, As for the rest of the staff well brash and rather thick seems to come to mind, the only one I know who's particularly bright , but 4 sure he wont get a look in is inglethrope. He's a GOOD MANAGER.

Corluka seems to be saying pretty much the same as you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17853271

Tottenham defender Vedran Corluka fears the club will miss out on Champions League qualification, blaming their slide on a lack of squad rotation.

After spending much of the season in contention for the Premier League title, Harry Redknapp's men have fallen to fifth with three wins from 14 games

"I wouldn't be surprised if they finished sixth," Corluka, on loan at Bayer Leverkusen, told BBC Sport.

"They didn't rotate enough, they don't have depth on the bench."

Redknapp has used 47 players across 49 matches in four different competitions this campaign.

Tired Tottenham?

Kyle Walker: 43 appearances

Benoit Assou-Ekotto: 40

Gareth Bale: 38

Younes Kaboul: 37

Luka Modric: 37

Jermain Defoe: 36

Rafael van der Vaart: 35

Brad Friedel: 34

Scott Parker: 33

Emmanuel Adebayor: 33

* Appearances in all competitions in 2011-12

But 10 players have made more than 30 appearances, right-back Kyle Walker leading the way with 43.

"He didn't rotate enough," said Corluka, who joined Leverkusen in January until the end of the season. "That's the main problem.

"I watched almost every Spurs game and they played them all with the same 11, 12, 13 players and that's why the players now are really tired."

When Tottenham beat Everton on 11 January they moved to within three points of then leaders Manchester City.

But they were rocked by defeats at City and Arsenal, with their last eight matches including four losses and three draws.

Spurs are now six points behind third-placed Arsenal, three adrift of fourth-placed Newcastle and one ahead of sixth-placed Chelsea.

But if Chelsea win the Champions League final and finish outside the top four, only the top three Premier League clubs will qualify for Europe's elite club competition.

Corluka on Harry Redknapp's link to the England job

"I expect for him to take it, especially because of how many people are for him. He can do a good job because England have many good players."

"Tottenham, for me, had one of the best teams in England and of course it will be an unsuccessful season if they don't go to the Champions League," Corluka commented.

"I don't know what the chairman will do if they don't qualify. I know only that it will be an unsuccessful season."

When asked if missing out on a Champions League place would constitute failure, Corluka added: "Yes, especially because three months before they were in the title race challenging City and [Manchester] United.

"Now they are three points behind fourth spot. They are fifth and it's going to be really difficult for them."

Edited by dsfbrit

Losing Ekotto imo is a blow, , for me he's the only defender, if not player, that's held his early season form, in fact ide say as the seasons gone on he's actually got stronger and improved , he's scored a few cracking goals, his deliveries into the box are good. His general distribution is good. , tbh in general cant really see much wrong with his play. Perhaps alfie dont like his 70' s retro afro!!! so, who will we play, cant see bale dropping bac, he can barely get a trot on down the wing as it is, so giving him extra work load 4 me wont work, Danny rose I suppose, failed winger turned ful bac, ah well, thank fuc it's only blackburn, famous last word's!!!!

Losing Ekotto imo is a blow, , for me he's the only defender, if not player, that's held his early season form, in fact ide say as the seasons gone on he's actually got stronger and improved , he's scored a few cracking goals, his deliveries into the box are good. His general distribution is good. , tbh in general cant really see much wrong with his play. Perhaps alfie dont like his 70' s retro afro!!! so, who will we play, cant see bale dropping bac, he can barely get a trot on down the wing as it is, so giving him extra work load 4 me wont work, Danny rose I suppose, failed winger turned ful bac, ah well, thank fuc it's only blackburn, famous last word's!!!!

An good defender one onto one who is prone to lapses of concentration and gives the ball away to often, i think that sums him up !

I rarely defend saggy chops as football forum regulars are aware but i tend to agree with him that the vast majority of our players have no reason to feel tired or jaded.

Its an excuse, plain and simple. He's rotated totally in the europa and played a second string for all the FA cup games bar the semi. Funny how Utd platers don't get jaded. Well they wouldn't dare would they under Ferguson!

He is responsible in part though because the poor run is largely down to his atrocious tactics and team set up. He also weakened the squad in january in the most ridiculous manner. As a club unfortunately in many ways we only have ourselves to blame. Harrys decision to loan Corluka and bring in Nelson for example was utter folly and should have been blocked by Levy.

Thanks for your efforts harry, you've done a great job up until february now please leave.

Am i alone in thinking that harry as England boss and Pearce as his no 2 would be utterly hilarious?

'Our squad has also frequently been referred to as being one of the strongest in the league so <deleted> are you droning on about'

and you're more recent stance

He also weakened the squad in january in the most ridiculous manner.

Here we go Carmine, Takes you a while but I'm glad you finally worked it out for yourself. Just a point he loaned bassong out and got in neilson as his replacement, corluka was never really replaced nor was hutton. Yep make you right about ari and pearce laughable!!!! trouble is he's leaving a MAJOR mess behind him. And you can imagine him in a future england press conference when being asked about this( next) seasons problems at his old club spurs , saying well I feel for them, I left them strong, in a top ?? 4/ 5 position blah blah bullshit blah, same sort of bollacks he sprouted when he took over from jol. u have to hand it to ari, he can certainly spin the shit out of most situ's and come out smellin of roses.

As 4 Ari's tactic's he's more than had his moments, but recently, they havnt been far off the mark bale on the left, lemmon on the right , vdv dropping off, ec ect. pretty basic simple stuff, Trouble is as you say we've no depth in the squad for an effective plan b, seemingly gone are those day's.

As for corluka and tiredness, dont think corluka could say we've let 2 many players go and sound like he wasn't blowing his own trumpet but what he could say was the tiredness thing, let's be fair, the player's are playing in the same position's as earlier in the season but ARE NOT PERFORMING to the same levels, Bale's not making those lung bursting runs down the left, modric aint goin past players with the same ease, walker's not overlapping with quite the same pace, Form loss? or have they lost a tiny tiny bit of energy? the tiny bit that makes them that little bit better, who knows, but tbh, i'm lookin 4 ward to ari goin and let's hope levy doesn't fuc things up as he's done in the past .

Edited by rijit

'Our squad has also frequently been referred to as being one of the strongest in the league so <deleted> are you droning on about'

and you're more recent stance

He also weakened the squad in january in the most ridiculous manner.

Here we go Carmine, Takes you a while but I'm glad you finally worked it out for yourself. Just a point he loaned bassong out and got in neilson as his replacement, corluka was never really replaced nor was hutton. Yep make you right about ari and pearce laughable trouble is he's leaving a MAJOR mess behind him. As Ari's tactic's he's had his moments, but recently, they havnt been far off the mark bale on the left, lemmon on the right , vdv dropping off, ec ect. pretty basic simple stuff, Trouble is as you say we've no depth in the squad, for an effective plan b seemingly gone are those day's. As for tiredness, the player's are playing in the same position's as earlier in the season but ARE NOT PERFORMING to the same levels Bale's not making those lung bursting runs down the left, modric aint goin past players with the same ease, walker's not overlapping with quite the same pace, Form loss? or have they lost a tiny tiny bit of energy? the tiny bit that makes them that little bit better, who knows, but tbh, i'm lookin 4 ward to ari goin and let's hope levy doesn't fuc things up as he's done in the past .

despite being weakened its still one of the strongest squads in the league. The loaning of Charlie Corluka doesn't turn the 2nd/3rd strongest squad into an all round weak squad does it. Corluka is a very good center back aswell and bringing in Nelson who's a sicknote anyway was ridiculous. I never thought bassong was up to it and would have preferred corluka to stay as an accomplished right back and center back.

What i really don't like at the mo is the way he lets Bale drift in all the time. I like to see Bale and Lennon wide. Thats where they are most effective.

I think the players are more demoralised than knackered. And i don't blame them. It also can't be easy when the coach is showing no backing for Spurs and very blatently offering himself to the FA.

So, if walker bale and parker were injured, who would you replace them with carmine? and not 100% expect our performance to sag, dont even think weve got another decent right bac? lets face it, at the moment in time were just another

team that if fit and firing on all 4 our first 11 is v good, and our bench, well your guess is as good as mine, seems unfortunately in terms of

available quality were lagging behind the likes of Everton Newcastle

Edited by rijit

Bale has said he has to consider his own future if Spurs do not qualify for the Champions League.

I think he has been tapped up already Carmine,don't you?

It's a well known fact that the earliest Bale will be leaving is the summer 2013, in case you didn't know he is under contract until 2015 so he aint going nowhere unless we decide to take the 60m pounds of course !

Bale has said he has to consider his own future if Spurs do not qualify for the Champions League.

It's a well known fact that the earliest Bale will be leaving is the summer 2013, in case you didn't know he is under contract until 2015 so he aint going nowhere unless we decide to take the 60m pounds of course !

Yeah I agree. Modric will be off in the summer provided a fee of at least £35m is offered. No need to be selling Bale at all.

So, if walker bale and parker were injured, who would you replace them with carmine? and not 100% expect our performance to sag, dont even think weve got another decent right bac? lets face it, at the moment in time were just another

team that if fit and firing on all 4 our first 11 is v good, and our bench, well your guess is as good as mine, seems unfortunately in terms of

Any teams performance would sag if you take 3 of their best players out 102.gif and any teams bench would be depleated if you have a lot of injuries.

Taking injuries out of the equation our bench could be Gallas, Dawson, Kranjar, Sandro, Huddlestone, Dos santos, Defoe, now name newcastle's bench to match that !

Edited by alfieconn

Any teams performance would sag if you take 3 of their best players out 102.gif and any teams squad would be depleated if you have a lot of injuries.

Taking injuries out of the equation our bench could be Gallas, Dawson, Kranjar, Sandro, Huddlestone, Dos santos, Defoe, now name newcastle's bench to match that !

Any teams performance would sag if you take 3 of their best players out 102.gif and any teams squad would be depleated if you have a lot of injuries.

no ful bac cover? no wingers , and no goal keeper. Your right, though take the best players out of any team and you are going to suffer but top squads like man utd arsenal dont suffer from HUGE lapses of form from a few injuries like we have, they have sufficient cover to compete, we a t m dont.

Gallas, Dawson, Kranjar, Sandro, Huddlestone, Dos santos, Defoe,

With the exception of a fully fit Huddlestone and on form Sandro we would be better rid of them all to be perfectly honest.

Even Defoe needs replacing imho...

Yes, but we won't sell him. I'd be surprised if Modric remained though. I'd also be delighted to see the back of him.

Edited by carmine

And it sounds like Bale will be happy to see the back of Spurs when they fail to qualify for the Champions League.

I'm just waiting for the "food poisoning" again........whistling.gif

The Spuds shocking collapse at the business end of the season has the added bonus of hopefully highlighting the inadequacies of Harry Hotspur when championing him for the England job.

I can see it now......England in the quarter finals of a major competition, failing to seize the initiative when 2 goals to the good (unlikely, I know biggrin.png) or capatalizing on the other team going down to 10 men.

All of a sudden Harry has one of his "Sven" moments and completely forgets, or fails to understand, the importance of tactics and bingo, the moment is lost and once again, so is the game.

no ful bac cover? no wingers , and no goal keeper. Your right, though take the best players out of any team and you are going to suffer but top squads like man utd arsenal dont suffer from HUGE lapses of form from a few injuries like we have, they have sufficient cover to compete, we a t m dont.

Your memory is very short Rij ( but we will make allowances as your getting old ) but if you can remember back to the beginning of the season the Arse were struggling in the bottom half due to there injuries and not so long ago City were struggling due to having a few centre forwards injured.

Spurs problem has been that we have let 2 full backs and 1 right sided midfield player out on loan.

And it sounds like Bale will be happy to see the back of Spurs when they fail to qualify for the Champions League.

I'm just waiting for the "food poisoning" again........whistling.gif

The Spuds shocking collapse at the business end of the season has the added bonus of hopefully highlighting the inadequacies of Harry Hotspur when championing him for the England job.

I can see it now......England in the quarter finals of a major competition, failing to seize the initiative when 2 goals to the good (unlikely, I know biggrin.png) or capatalizing on the other team going down to 10 men.

All of a sudden Harry has one of his "Sven" moments and completely forgets, or fails to understand, the importance of tactics and bingo, the moment is lost and once again, so is the game.

To be fair Romford, you'd be better off worrying about your own teams struggle to get back into the big league rather than talking a load of <deleted> about monkey boy 30.gif.

As for Arri, your perfectly right 113.gif