Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Good morning chaps!

I must admit the demise of your team is no surprise to me as i stated at the start of the season.

Lets hope it has also put them dicks at the FA off your <deleted> manager too eh! coffee1.gif piss poorcoffee1.gif

came as no surprise to you because you presumably knew that Capello was going to resign and start our quite spectacular demise? You certainly are in the know arn't you.

The ball just goes to slow, and there's no penetration. Yes QPR made it difficult for us, but when each player is going to take 3-4 touches on the ball each time the get time to regroup and it make defending easy. This game, also show how much we depend on Adebayor. Maybe not the best goalscorer, but abs. essential to our game plan.

Yes our fourth choice striker on the field with no one on the bench. Great squad we have isn't it?

We still have a strong squad compared to the vast majority of the league. Don't get swallowed in by Redknapps excuses.

Truth is, we are hopeless, he doesn't know what to do, the players don't know what his gameplan is or they certainly look like they don't. He also very stupidly loaned out an excellent utility player in Coluka who is comfortable at right back or center back and a better player than Ryan Nelson anyway.

We have taken 6 points from 8 games i believe with no indications we will get anymore points despite Harry's confidence and contention we are playing well.

I take it for granted he will be tactically clueless but what is really worrying is judging by the body language of the players his man management skills are not working either.

Strange but i've no longer any realistic aspirations of us making the top four, or frankly at this rate, the top six.

• Like 1

Yes our fourth choice striker on the field with no one on the bench. Great squad we have isn't it?

We still have a strong squad compared to the vast majority of the league. Don't get swallowed in by Redknapps excuses.

Truth is, we are hopeless, he doesn't know what to do, the players don't know what his gameplan is or they certainly look like they don't. He also very stupidly loaned out an excellent utility player in Coluka who is comfortable at right back or center back and a better player than Ryan Nelson anyway.

We have taken 6 points from 8 games i believe with no indications we will get anymore points despite Harry's confidence and contention we are playing well.

I take it for granted he will be tactically clueless but what is really worrying is judging by the body language of the players his man management skills are not working either.

Strange but i've no longer any realistic aspirations of us making the top four, or frankly at this rate, the top six.

I think the rot has set in from the front really. There is simply no belief that we will score goals.

You're right though...its down to Redknapp to sort it out and he's failed miserably.

The defending for their goal was woeful. Yes its a tough place to play especially given QPR's position but we didn't look like we were going to win at all.

Indeed with 20 mins left they were trying to finish us off.....embarrassing!

Dreadful viewing!

Harry is confident we will win our remaining four games. What a relief because i can't see how on earth we'll win any of them. Body language, as also mentioned by the commentators, was aweful. Totally disjointed, Bale seemingly does what he wants now, Modric showing no authority in the midfield and no away wins this year. whistling.gif

Whats even more worrying is that if we keep playing like this, will the FA want him, thats if he hasn't already got the job of course !

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he's already done a deal with the FA and if so son nom na. If they couldn't see his obvious limitations then so be it and most Spurs fans can heave a huge sigh of relief when he's gone. We just have to trust in Levy getting the right replacement but we certainly won't be such an attractive prospect as might have been.

i reckon we'll sell Modric and keep monkey boy for one more season. i don't think any of us want to endure another Modric sulk whilst he prositutes himself to Chelsea and man Utd.

Dreadful viewing!

Harry is confident we will win our remaining four games. What a relief because i can't see how on earth we'll win any of them. Body language, as also mentioned by the commentators, was aweful. Totally disjointed, Bale seemingly does what he wants now, Modric showing no authority in the midfield and no away wins this year. whistling.gif

Whats even more worrying is that if we keep playing like this, will the FA want him, thats if he hasn't already got the job of course !

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he's already done a deal with the FA and if so son nom na. If they couldn't see his obvious limitations then so be it and most Spurs fans can heave a huge sigh of relief when he's gone. We just have to trust in Levy getting the right replacement but we certainly won't be such an attractive prospect as might have been.

i reckon we'll sell Modric and keep monkey boy for one more season. i don't think any of us want to endure another Modric sulk whilst he prositutes himself to Chelsea and man Utd.

No we don't!

Ive listened to you lot all season how you play the best football in the league, how you think you will challenge for the title, to then how you we will easily qualify for the CL as if you have been a top 4 side for years.

Simple fact is Spurs are the most over-rated team in the league.

Lost 5, drawn 3 and Won 1 in last 9 games...

That's 6 points from 27 and dumped out of FA cup 1-5!

Not a mention against Arry in the English Media, it's madness.

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

• Like 1

Ive listened to you lot all season how you play the best football in the league, how you think you will challenge for the title, to then how you we will easily qualify for the CL as if you have been a top 4 side for years.

Awh dev, thats your silliest post in a longtime!

You sound like a silly little liverpuddle fan with a huge chip on his shoulder because up until the last 8 games played we play the type of football you wish your team could but don't. But fair play, you've obviously been waiting a longtime to make that post and if it wasn't for the untimely resignation of Capello you'd probably still be waiting. You've probably spent most of the season watching our games for entertainment and just reading the reports of your games because your sunday league football is an affront to the beautiful game.

So now you've had you little cheap shot off you go to your disjointed boring 1980's route one hoof up the field drudgery you have the audacity to call "free flowing football."

You sound like a silly little liverpuddle fan with a huge chip on his shoulder because up until the last 8 games played we play the type of football you wish your team could but don't. But fair play, you've obviously been waiting a longtime to make that post and if it wasn't for the untimely resignation of Capello you'd probably still be waiting. You've probably spent most of the season watching our games for entertainment and just reading the reports of your games because your sunday league football is an affront to the beautiful game.

So now you've had you little cheap shot off you go to your disjointed boring 1980's route one hoof up the field drudgery you have the audacity to call "free flowing football."

That's your excuse...because Capello resigned lol

Carmine he does have a point though and you seem to blaming Capella and England for what?

Liverpool and Spurs are like brother and sister thumbsup.gif

He didn't make a point did he....just a snide one liner.

I merely saying that our decline coincides with Capello's resignation. Make of that what you will.

I'm just sick of Dev's delusional comments about them nearly being very good and nearly winning every game and could have been top of the league and if my auntie had b*llocks.

What have they to talk about. Spent fortunes and played crap football. Apart from that they won the worthless cup but i do hope they win the FA.

Thats because i want them to beat Chelsea and i also want to read Dev's post that would no doubt blert on about the spirit of Shankly and a new dawn for Lord knows what but its bound to be funny. thumbsup.gif

That's your excuse...because Capello resigned lol

Thats a really great response mate. Well worth the wait. blink.png

Carmine he does have a point though and you seem to blaming Capella and England for what?

That's clever that is...managed to insult both of us in one sentence!

True, definately one of MrReds better ones. coffee1.gif

Lol

Lol

I dunno what you have to laugh about really mate. Your team is in a shit state. Gerrard creeping ever closer to retirement and your keeper will be wanting a move this summer as well....maybe Suarez will feel the same too...

Lol

I dunno what you have to laugh about really mate. Your team is in a shit state. Gerrard creeping ever closer to retirement and your keeper will be wanting a move this summer as well....maybe Suarez will feel the same too...

No they play really fluent fast flowing football. Dev said so...

So now you've had you little cheap shot off you go to your disjointed boring 1980's route one hoof up the field drudgery ** you have the audacity to call "free flowing football."

** Only Norwich (74) play more long balls per game than Tottenham (72).

• Like 1

And to think that Gerrard will be the England linchpin this summer at least he will have the help of Parker rolleyes.gif

Gerrard is simply to old to offer that level of energy he used to give Liverpool. Best used for his shooting ability now I think...second striker yes...midfield general...not any more.

how many points do Liverpool have after x-mas? We have heard each year since 1990 that this is the year!

They were playing arguably the best football in the country, and looked like they could win the league. Not that I thought they would, but it looked like a possibility. And the Harry for England thing, has for sure had an impact on the squad. Should really not, but history shows that if you have a manager that are going after the season, the players dont react to well on it.

Today I saw Harry said Messi and Ronaldo plays each game, so all the talk about the key players being tired was just bulls.... Kinda have a feeling that playing for Barcelona or Real Madrid is not so tiering as playing tough games for Tottenham. For the fact is that Tottenham have played fantastic football at home this season, but away we have struggled all year. The only away game where we looked really comfortable is away to Norwich. The rest of the games have been really tough, and thats much tougher than playing games where you have 70-80% possession.

Edited by Troyron

Carmines right since cannelloni resigned and the speculation on our ari's tottereringham future has been top of the pops for the sori sad fuc_kwits in the media our form has gone from hero to zero, If we started the season rather than ended it with this form, 100% ari would not have a job. let alone be the fav 4 the England job, yet to totally blame ari's situ would be naive, on reflection the transfer window seriously weakened us, corluka never really replaced, pav inadequality replaced by an aging injury prone saha, bassong by a player who aint played for 2ish seasons, 100% defo not good enuf. Our injury situ hasnt been great but for a supposed top squad we should well have been able to cope.add it that 2 our ari's lack of tactical nous, the romors of slackness in spurs fitness regimes, players not getting reserve games b4 the come bac to fitness, add that all up what have you got ? imo a fuc_kin mess. Most of the above f/ups can be laid at ari's feet, but levy shouldnt be let off the hook, 11th most wealthy clubn!!! <deleted> time we showed it , if we'd blown a some wedge in the transdfer window instead of doing it on the cheap, would we have stiopped the slump? i'm not sure, at least it couldnt be said we didnt try whereas now it could. justifiably be said. as it is levy should shoulder a fair proportion of the blame. As for our aris successor, basically he;s got more or less a total rebuild on his hands personally i dont think Rodgers is up to it , he'seems good at a certain style of play and using the english transfer market on the cheap, which might suit levy but will it suit spurs and the fickle white hart lane fans? I think not. ive been saying canneloni for a while after all he could be partly blamed for the mess , but getting him would be expensive and would probably need a HUGE transfer budget . The other guy that i've got to say impresses me is Martinez, his team play good football and he'sastute tactically has a good eye for a European bargain,something spurs could. use well. ah well lets just hope we can get it 2 gether and win the remaining games. personally i think were so far away from being a good team, 3 games is 2 little time to turn it around.

Edited by rijit

So now you've had you little cheap shot off you go to your disjointed boring 1980's route one hoof up the field drudgery ** you have the audacity to call "free flowing football."

** Only Norwich (74) play more long balls per game than Tottenham (72).

Long balls or 40 yard passes?

Either way abby and Dev, ask any neutral football fan who they would rather watch...you lot or us smile.png How did you do last night anyway lads?

Carmines right since cannelloni resigned and the speculation on our ari's tottereringham future has been top of the pops for the sori sad fuc_kwits in the media our form has gone from hero to zero, If we started the season rather than ended it with this form, 100% ari would not have a job. let alone be the fav 4 the England job, yet to totally blame ari's situ would be naive, on reflection the transfer window seriously weakened us, corluka never really replaced, pav inadequality replaced by an aging injury prone saha, bassong by a player who aint played for 2ish seasons, 100% defo not good enuf. Our injury situ hasnt been great but for a supposed top squad we should well have been able to cope.add it that 2 our ari's lack of tactical nous, the romors of slackness in spurs fitness regimes, players not getting reserve games b4 the come bac to fitness, add that all up what have you got ? imo a fuc_kin mess. Most of the above f/ups can be laid at ari's feet, but levy shouldnt be let off the hook, 11th most wealthy clubn!!! <deleted> time we showed it , if we'd blown a some wedge in the transdfer window instead of doing it on the cheap, would we have stiopped the slump? i'm not sure, at least it couldnt be said we didnt try whereas now it could. justifiably be said. as it is levy should shoulder a fair proportion of the blame. As for our aris successor, basically he;s got more or less a total rebuild on his hands personally i dont think Rodgers is up to it , he'seems good at a certain style of play and using the english transfer market on the cheap, which might suit levy but will it suit spurs and the fickle white hart lane fans? I think not. ive been saying canneloni for a while after all he could be partly blamed for the mess , but getting him would be expensive and would probably need a HUGE transfer budget . The other guy that i've got to say impresses me is Martinez, his team play good football and he'sastute tactically has a good eye for a European bargain,something spurs could. use well. ah well lets just hope we can get it 2 gether and win the remaining games. personally i think were so far away from being a good team, 3 games is 2 little time to turn it around.

fair appraisal and i would be very happy with Martinez.

I'd also like to see a major overhaul of the Spurs fitness regime etc etc. Too many injuries and are players being brought back too early and end up breaking down again? Lennon and Gallas for example