Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I told you a few months ago that Levy wants to be the manager.

He's making a poor job of it then. Biscuit tin politics and poor vision when we can all see the two glaring holes in our team. Very frustrating given our team at full strength has some wonderful and talented players.

I agree regarding the boos carmine. The fans should direct their anger towards the chairman rather than our new manager who has so far done a pretty fair job in view of the injuries we have had.

There's not been a steady team playing week in week out and he was not given the personnel he needed either.

That said he has handled the keeper issue badly in my view but its not something the fans should be attacking him for.

Yes mate I was shocked by the silence....especially in the second half....albeit barring a certain section of the support and we know who was getting behind the team at that point....

Well heres one for you arei think theres a few on this forum that might be surprised too...except the missing Abrak ofcourse!

Over the past five years Spurs are 14th in the premier league for net spend. This is the real important figure in transfer dealings. In short, Levy is letting us down and i have to say J&D has been making a better point than i thought he was.

We mucked about and messed up the Moutinho which was disastrous and should never been allowed to happen and theres nothing to suggest that he even went for anothjer striker. I also have to remind myself we messed up buying Damiao 18 months ago. Its piss poor and its high time he backed our manager properly and spent some of the profits.

Don't even get me started on the atmosphere and reaction of elements of the crowd...i'm still seething about that

I'm still trying to get my head around the Dempsey purchase. It just seems such an odd fit to me.

I suspect we are all relieved niw hz's gone....but talk of the wee schoolboy Villas Boas taking over shoyld be didmissed by Levy out of hand immediately.

We're not a mickey mouse West London outfit!!

Really!! cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I suspect we are all relieved niw hz's gone....but talk of the wee schoolboy Villas Boas taking over shoyld be didmissed by Levy out of hand immediately.

We're not a mickey mouse West London outfit!!

Really!! cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You're trying to get me banned this morning mate? I will resist the temptation....grab yer handbag and run along you sneaky wee fat slag. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Apart from some absolute illiterate idiot saying that he 's being appointed, have you found anything that even suggests he's going to be?

guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 19 June 2012 22.31 BST

André Villas-Boas is understood to be Tottenham's first choice to succeed Harry Redknapp as manager.

Tottenham Hotspur have held direct negotiations with André Villas-Boas and they are poised to offer him the manager's job. Tottenham officials met Villas‑Boas's agent in London last Friday and Saturday to explain what they were looking for in the successor to Harry Redknapp, who they sacked last Wednesday. But they have since accelerated the process by speaking directly to Villas-Boas.

The 34-year-old Portuguese, who was dismissed by Chelsea in March, was initially unsure whether he was the Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy's first choice for the vacancy. He felt that Levy had other candidates in mind, which was true, with Everton's David Moyes numbering among them. But it has become clear that Villas‑Boas is the man that Levy wants to lead Tottenham into a new era.

The sacking of Redknapp represented a gamble, as he had led the club to fourth-, fifth- and fourth-placed finishes in the Premier League in the past three seasons, only missing out on Champions League qualification last month when Chelsea beat Bayern Munich in the final of the competition.

Villas-Boas knows that Levy's minimum requirement is to qualify for Europe's elite tournament. The chairman also wants to be challenging for the league title in the near future. Redknapp often said he thought "there was a championship in this club". It is a demanding brief and the jury remains out in some quarters over Villas‑Boas. He has plenty to prove after his ill-fated Chelsea tenure, when he failed to impose his will on the squad's strong personalities. It hurt his reputation that, after his dismissal, the team recovered to win the Champions League and FA Cup under Roberto Di Matteo. But Levy has come to view Villas-Boas as the dynamic young coach to drive the club forward.

Villas-Boas and his representative have sought assurances about the future of Tottenham's best players, chief among them the midfielder Luka Modric, who has exited Euro 2012 with Croatia and is determined to be granted a big transfer this summer. Villas‑Boas tried to sign Modric when he was at Chelsea last summer, only for Levy to block the £40m proposal.

It is unclear whether Levy will be able to hold on to Modric for another season, although he is empowered to hold the player to his contract, which has four years to run. He is adamant he would not sell Modric to Chelsea or Manchester United but he may be more receptive to a bid from Real Madrid, particularly if the sum on offer was upwards of £40m.

Tottenham's new manager, though, will be granted a large transfer kitty to reshape the squad in his image, and it stands to be even larger if Modric were to leave. The priority area is centre-forward. The club are struggling to satisfy Emmanuel Adebayor's wage demands to make his loan move from Manchester City permanent; they have not taken up the option on Louis Saha. Jermain Defoe is the only established striker.

Levy is keen to find a more senior role within the set-up for Tim Sherwood, the youth development squad coach. Sherwood survived the cull of Redknapp's backroom staff, which accounted for Kevin Bond, Joe Jordan and Clive Allen, because Levy considers him to be an asset to the club.

Now i'm really worried, my gut reaction is, if it happens it's a TERRIBLE appointment, lets hope i'm wrong.

There ya go another one cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

No no no no no not AVB !!!!!!

Another one cheesy.gifcheesy.gif and now he has him as his little picture.shows you how fickle spurs supporters are.

Alfie?..........

Yes its true....we didn't want him as we felt he was too much of a risk. In my opinion he has done well so far however, given he has had limited resources to work with for a myriad of reasons.

We will back our manager Nads.....nuff said from me. I aint booing him....he gets the not so dreaded vote of confidence from here! thumbsup.gif

Fair play to Carmine he was the only one on here who did not really want him but still supported him.....this is what is happening now at Spurs 75% of the fans are not behind him.

You should of got rid of Adebayor the minute he started playing up,levy tells AVB who he can have a nd that is why they appointed a young manager who only wants to emulate what Jose has done.

In short, Levy is letting us down and i have to say J&D has been making a better point than i thought he was.

Carms, doth my eyes decieve me w00t.giflaugh.png

No, i mentioned something similar a couple of days ago. Without doubt he does talk a load of cobblers, but then suddenly chips in with something interestingbiggrin.png

Where he and i disagree i believe is about the "real" figure, the only really important figure in transfer dealings and that is the net spend. My disalusion with Daniel Levy is summed up best in the fact that we are only 14th in the table. You will find the table on www.transferleague.co.uk

Where we agree on is the way he knitpicks as he did in the Moutinho debarcle which was disastrous. Where we strongly disagree is that i believe you only spend money you can afford but in jacks defense, in the last two windows Levys banked miliions of profits and left us short and exposed as a squad.

Fans need to look more at the real picture. He carves up our squad before he buys whereas which is not necessarily the same as strengthening

Fair play to Carmine he was the only one on here who did not really want him but still supported him.....this is what is happening now at Spurs 75% of the fans are not behind him.

You should of got rid of Adebayor the minute he started playing up,levy tells AVB who he can have a nd that is why they appointed a young manager who only wants to emulate what Jose has done.

I don't think i ever said i didn't want him. although i did say i wanted Mourinho. I think AVB has potential but concede its a risk but since the day he joined he's our coach and must be supported end of. we even vocally supported that crook scrotum face at matches. That bloke should have been coach at Chelsea....he's a perfect fit for Stamford Bridge.

For the record i think AVB will do well at Spurs but he needs stronger financial backing from Levy.

Regards Adebayor, you can't just get rid of him if he's playing up. A contract is a two way thing. You have to pander to the mercenary to coax the best out of the creature.

AVB could help himself a great deal and start playing Lloris because two things i do know. Number one is that they are getting really narked that lloris is not being picked and number two MrRed...75% of Spurs fans are not against him. Many are frustrated and letting themselves down very badly

• Like 1

Levy is keen to find a more senior role within the set-up for Tim Sherwood, the youth development squad coach. Sherwood survived the cull of Redknapp's backroom staff, which accounted for Kevin Bond, Joe Jordan and Clive Allen, because Levy considers him to be an asset to the club.

Oh please God, yes! That would be funnier than Juande!

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

Well thats an interesting response from someone that is almost certainly clueless as to what Sherwoods done over the past few years at Spurs. Thanks for the valued input thoughjerk.gif

biggrin.png

Well thats an interesting response from someone that is almost certainly clueless as to what Sherwoods done over the past few years at Spurs. Thanks for the valued input thoughjerk.gif

I am convinced that is the reason Levy would not let him talk to Blackburn. He is your reserve tank in case the AVB one implodes.

Makes sense. He is well respected, not only at Spurs, but throughout the game. I can see him taking over before the end of the season.

In short, Levy is letting us down and i have to say J&D has been making a better point than i thought he was.

No, i mentioned something similar a couple of days ago. Without doubt he does talk a load of cobblers, but then suddenly chips in with something interestingbiggrin.png

Where he and i disagree i believe is about the "real" figure, the only really important figure in transfer dealings and that is the net spend. My disalusion with Daniel Levy is summed up best in the fact that we are only 14th in the table. You will find the table on www.transferleague.co.uk

Where we agree on is the way he knitpicks as he did in the Moutinho debarcle which was disastrous. Where we strongly disagree is that i believe you only spend money you can afford but in jacks defense, in the last two windows Levys banked miliions of profits and left us short and exposed as a squad.

Fans need to look more at the real picture. He carves up our squad before he buys whereas which is not necessarily the same as strengthening

Cough!! Splutter!!

I knew you would see it my way eventuallythumbsup.gif

biggrin.png

I am convinced that is the reason Levy would not let him talk to Blackburn. He is your reserve tank in case the AVB one implodes.

Makes sense. He is well respected, not only at Spurs, but throughout the game. I can see him taking over before the end of the season.

I genuinely think that AVB is in for the long haul. Well, with correct backing anyway. Many see Sherwood as the diector of football in the future but ithink you are right, if it went pear shaped with AVB Sherwood would step in short term anyways.

Cough!! Splutter!!

I knew you would see it my way eventuallythumbsup.gif

Fact is, we had an aweful lot to spend on players we had clearly identified and needed and he chose to ponce about and we ended stuffed not to mention that it was still going on until the end of august. Thats the second year in a row he has done that.

Every Spurs fan i know knew we needed Moutinho and a striker and he messed up big time. We could really have done without this especially as the football tabloids have it in for us anyway and are praying for an implosion! Its very irritating

Yeah freda 'flapped' at a cross and clawed the ball away according to the guardian 8 yards away!!!! unfortunately yet again our defense wasn't on their toe's and yet again an opponent got to the ball first , admittedly it could be argued it wasn't the greatest of keeping, but equally a goalkeeper clawing a ball 8 yards away gives the defense more than enough time to watch and clear, so it could be argued a mistake by the defense but worthy of Freda being dropped for?, dont think so. Any way that's down to vb. And for me any one on one is difficult and when a goalkeeper wins the duel its a plus and should receive plaudits, and 'ball near him!!! w t f !!!!! surely any save the keeper makes, the ball has 2 be somewhere near them, else thy wont get it!!!!

As for the defoe argument MOD came up with an interesting stat Defoe has/had the most shots on target of any prem player!!! him or Dempsey? for me defoe should have stayed, in fact imo,Dempsey should have stayed and taken walker? off, and gone 3 at the bac and gone 4 the jugular as smokes and up the o's pointed out it's wigan at the lane not utd at the library!!!.

The ball would have landed in the 6 yard box rij so not 8 yards( did you not see the game), you could say that the defense should have been on their toes but why would they be when the goalkeeper should be making a straight forward save all allbeit under a bit of preasure !

Yeah freda 'flapped' at a cross and clawed the ball away according to the guardian 8 yards away!!!! unfortunately yet again our defense wasn't on their toe's and yet again an opponent got to the ball first , admittedly it could be argued it wasn't the greatest of keeping, but equally a goalkeeper clawing a ball 8 yards away gives the defense more than enough time to watch and clear, so it could be argued a mistake by the defense but worthy of Freda being dropped for?, dont think so. Any way that's down to vb. And for me any one on one is difficult and when a goalkeeper wins the duel its a plus and should receive plaudits, and 'ball near him!!! w t f !!!!! surely any save the keeper makes, the ball has 2 be somewhere near them, else thy wont get it!!!!

As for the defoe argument MOD came up with an interesting stat Defoe has/had the most shots on target of any prem player!!! him or Dempsey? for me defoe should have stayed, in fact imo,Dempsey should have stayed and taken walker? off, and gone 3 at the bac and gone 4 the jugular as smokes and up the o's pointed out it's wigan at the lane not utd at the library!!!.

The ball would have landed in the 6 yard box rij so not 8 yards( did you not see the game), you could say that the defense should have been on their toes but why would they be when the goalkeeper should be making a straight forward save all allbeit under a bit of preasure !

If you get a chance watch the way the wigan defense cleared caulkers header of the line, martinez has them working as a unit, as opposed to ours who 4 the second game in a row at crucial times during the game, were all over the place!!!!!

Show me a post where i have not supported him ! where did you get the 75% from ?

Alfie your post when he was appointed says it all....no no no!!!

You didn't want him then and you will be one of the majority who wants him to go at the end of the season if he makes it that long.

Let's face it tactically he was wrong at the weekend swapping Defoe for Adebayor ....you needed a goal so why did he do that?

Yeah red, when VB was appointed all of us had doubts, but as carmine,alfie and smokes have all said we support him.for me thats the END OF DEBATE. Regarding the chairmans support, although on the face of it appears to be good when looking further as carm's says it's fragile eg when we were 3rd and cruising in last jan window ari wanted/needed a c/b and a striker , he asked for tevez and cahill admittedly a touch ambitious but he got saha and nielson and we, arguably we had HALF a chance at the title then!!!!! so take from that what you want. A top four spot costs bundles and aint necessarily good 4 the balance sheet, for me there's an element of vb finding himself in the middle of difficult ongoing in house political game between levy and the owners,, nothing to substantiate that that's only a gut feeling. However saying all of that, our current situ will be fine when our first team get fit. no worries.