Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Interesting to see what the reaction to this will be at the lane 2 nite!! Lets hope there's a good performance from Hugo and the boys, if we are to progress further in this cup, tonights a must win. And good news about Dembele being, hopefully, ready for the arsewipes game, though personally reading between the lines I wouldn't totally rule an operation out at a later date , maybe we can hold him 2gether until parker gets back!!!.

Woop's!!!!! u there smokes?

50/50 there rij as you well know. More concerned with the lack of composure at the back and no one offering themselves for a pass.

Try to look beyond one simple error and take a longer view. Good save he made earlier....and on and on....any analysis should be over a longer period.

Woop's!!!!! u there smokes?

50/50 there rij as you well know. More concerned with the lack of composure at the back and no one offering themselves for a pass.

Try to look beyond one simple error and take a longer view. Good save he made earlier....and on and on....any analysis should be over a longer period.

Yeah yeah yeah .thumbsup.gif

Edited by rijit

had to go to work so only saw first 60 minutes, defoe looked good, but at times going to the dentist was more pleasent than watching the game, we need a midfield leader.

We've got 2 Dembele and parker, Sandro will be as well in the not 2 distant future. we need STRIKER STRIKER STRIKER.!!!! quick quick quick. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

had to go to work so only saw first 60 minutes, defoe looked good, but at times going to the dentist was more pleasent than watching the game, we need a midfield leader.

We've got 2 Dembele and parker, Sandro will be as well in the not 2 distant future. we need STRIKER STRIKER STRIKER.!!!! quick quick quick. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, i am waiting for dembele to return, parker i hope will be the player he was, hoping the injuries arent going to affect his playing style, sandro he has the potential to become integral to a good side.

a striker would be great, but who? what attributes?

yes, i am waiting for dembele to return, parker i hope will be the player he was, hoping the injuries arent going to affect his playing style, sandro he has the potential to become integral to a good side.

a striker would be great, but who? what attributes?

Pacy, skill full with good body strength would be useful. the Brazilian boy, is it Daimiola? Carmines been one about 4 about a season sounds like and from the clips ive seen, would fit the bill, but seemingly with every week his price is rumoured to go up.and has now spiralled out of our price range, or maybe if Sturridge aint getting games at the chav's, he'd do, ba;bit like adeboy but gets goals and is rumoured to have a 7 mil buy out clause in his contract and must be pissed off with the north of england by now surely,and at 7 mil looks relatively good value.

I suppose that means Defoe will be playing on sunday !

I think you can suppose that we will see more of them playing together after that performance.

I'll single him out naturally....some sharp finishing last night, Bale was excellent as well. Good passing from Huddlestone.

The young lad Carroll is going to feature more and more....he looks composed that lad! thumbsup.gif

Adebayor will play off Defoe I think Sunday, better that than Dempsey imho.

The worries are defensive...Vertonghen in the middle please...Naughton's back pass was a proper howler but someone needs to be giving a shout. Definitely an area AVB needs to sort out sharpish.

All in all a good win though! smile.png

I think you can suppose that we will see more of them playing together after that performance.

I'll single him out naturally....some sharp finishing last night, Bale was excellent as well. Good passing from Huddlestone.

The young lad Carroll is going to feature more and more....he looks composed that lad! thumbsup.gif

The worries are defensive...Vertonghen in the middle please...Naughton's back pass was a proper howler but someone needs to be giving a shout. Definitely an area AVB needs to sort out sharpish.

I'm not sure that that is Ade's best position but he can't be no worst than Dempsey or Sig !

I'm not sure that that is Ade's best position but he can't be no worst than Dempsey or Sig !

It was Adebayor's quality which led to the third goal last night Alfredo....he is far better interchanging than Dempsey....let's hope he remains available to play.

It was Adebayor's quality which led to the third goal last night Alfredo....he is far better interchanging than Dempsey....let's hope he remains available to play.

Which formation are you referring to when you talk about Adebayor sitting in behind Defoe?

Do we take it he's going to play Brad again on sunday?

Well we looked far better 4-4-2 than we have done recently. Whether its one to adopt for the weekend is debatable.

Its not really if we have two defensive midfielders fit then I would say likely Dembele/Sandro and maybe Sig will play. I prefer the option with the two strikers I must admit.

Over to you carmine!

Well we looked far better 4-4-2 than we have done recently. Whether its one to adopt for the weekend is debatable.

Its not really if we have two defensive midfielders fit then I would say likely Dembele/Sandro and maybe Sig will play. I prefer the option with the two strikers I must admit.

Over to you carmine!

I can't decide. Oh, and the keeper situation is a joke and very unfair on lloris. The guys just not getting enough games and when he does, he has a different back four everytime. Lost all patience for AVb on this.

Over to you carmine!

I can't decide. Oh, and the keeper situation is a joke and very unfair on lloris. The guys just not getting enough games and when he does, he has a different back four everytime. Lost all patience for AVb on this.

If he had an understanding with his back four he would have been shouting to Naughton. He's a vocal keeper normally....no way that ball would have been passed back to him.

Over to you carmine!

whistling.gif

Over to you carmine!

whistling.gif

You desperate man! biggrin.png

And no i do not feel the need to reiterate my total backing for AVB..........just put the f**kin' frenchmanm in goal!!!!!

• Like 1

Although i feel Defoe & Adebayor should start on Sunday, i don't think AVB will risk an attack minded formation

against City & Arsenal away.

I think he'll start with Adebayor,in the usual 4-2-3-1 formation and bring on Defoe as an impact sub if/when needed .

Against lesser teams at home though we should play them both in a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 formation like we did last night

as it worked very well, and it'll get even better when Dembele/Sandro and Parker are back.

It's no good playing 4-2-3-1 for every game, in today's football you need to adapt according to your opposition.

Although i feel Defoe & Adebayor should start on Sunday, i don't think AVB will risk an attack minded formation

against City & Arsenal away.

I think he'll start with Adebayor,in the usual 4-2-3-1 formation and bring on Defoe as an impact sub if/when needed .

Against lesser teams at home though we should play them both in a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 formation like we did last night

as it worked very well, and it'll get even better when Dembele/Sandro and Parker are back.

It's no good playing 4-2-3-1 for every game, in today's football you need to adapt according to your opposition.

Like you say sots, we've apparently been playing 4-2-3-1 where as last season we played either 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 but to me Bale and Lennon have been playing in the exactly same position as last season which is not narrow as in a 4-2-3-1 !!!!! to be fair i think we all get a bit carried away by formations and it's the players that are more important !

Thought Dawson had a good game, his distribution is as good as any c/b in the prem, hit some lovely long balls, but i suspect when the prem games come gallas will get the nod,if only because he's a touch quicker. Imo not sure thats enuf though. Naughton is beginning to look exactly what he is, a right back playing at left bac, lets hope vb sorts him out b4 his confidence is 2 badly damaged, cos he's a decent enuf footballer. Alfies right were far to occupied with formations, however playing last nights formation against a prem team 4 sure it will get exposed, think we will start with adeboy dempsey/ siggy just to give us that extra man in midfield, as carms? said bring defoe on when there's a few tired legs, but what we have to do is make sure he gets in the box cos even if he's 40 yrds out his primary instinct is 2 score and team work defo comes second. As for the goalkeeper I just hope that what vb is doing isnt going to back fire ion us and we end up with 2 keepers whose form and confidence are damaged, cos as eggs are eggs hugo is having a tough time of it, last nights showing, without wanting to labour the point, WASN'T GOOD and has brad started to show signs? or is it just our badly organised bac 4 thats doing neither of them favors. Anyway, YID ARMY YID ARMY YID ARMY YID ARMY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wai2.gif