Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I want to know who AnotherVacancyBeckons' dealer is!

"We were in control from the first minute to the last".

blink.png

If that is a true quote from AVB then it's somewhat embarrassing, don't know what he was watching!

It's a direct quote, I've seen it from two reporters.

André Villas-Boas refused to lay any shred of criticism at the feet of Emmanuel Adebayor despite the striker's 17th-minute red card representing the turning point in Tottenham Hotspur's 5-2 derby defeat at Arsenal. The Spurs manager also claimed that his beaten team had controlled the game from the "first minute to the last minute".

Naturally it got quite a shocked response from the reporters in attendance.

Edited by Chicog

Barring bale for me the only person whose cred goes up from 2 gays result is vb, thought the 442 was brave and took wenger Totally by surprise and then was brave again for going 3 at the bac, a big up to the geezer!!!!

He wasn't very brave to play 442 at home to Wigan though!

yep, he's defiantly on a learning curve!!! .

Well, what can i say but feel total embarrassment for him.

If he continues to express himself with absurd comments like that then he will be contributing to more criticism towards himself.

I seem to remember the way he dealt with the media was an issue when he was at the chav's. not so much as with the absurd comments but from what i' heard from journalists on various podcasts they reckon by sort of being there all the time,like relentless coverage, he was sort just making made life hard for himself, like almost setting himself up for a fall!! IMO a few days/match's away from the media now wouldn't do him/us any harm.

Edited by rijit

I know we have some key injuries but some players are just not putting in or just not good enough (in my opinion) . Three at the back looked good for awhile but gallas looks like a old man and you need your wing backs to cover and lennon cant defend or wont defend, Huddlestone runs in circles and looks lost and i know defoe can score a goal but looks like a small child being bullied when he is alone up front, I hope next week goes better and some players are fit

Agree, Defoe definitely needs a strike partner, only Adebayor though, cos Dempsey & Sigg are not good enough.

Huddlestone is also way too slow and needs to learn how to take corners, if he's going to be given that task by AVB.

Gallas & Dawson are also too slow and Walker's having a bad run with Naughton getting exposed playing on the left,

who's idea was it to let Danny Rose go out on loan?

Maybe we should ditch the full backs and play 3-5-2 until some of our injured players become available.

I was thinking the same but we only have one striker! annoyed.gif for the next three games anyway...

It would have to be Dempsey and hope that he starts putting in more graft with Defoe.

Tbh, i dont really want 'graft' from defoe I just want him in the box as much as possible, elsewhere he's not quite 'pants' but almost

It would have to be Dempsey and hope that he starts putting in more graft with Defoe.

Maybe that's what's needed sots...push him further up the park and hopefully see those goals he was scoring freely last season.

Yeah that could help, at Fulham I suspect for 2 maybe 3 seasons? he was one of the first names on the team sheet,stepping up by itself AND having to prove yourself again cant be that easy and has, to a degree, have some effect on a players confidence, time and patience is probably the key, and games of coarse.

Maybe that's what's needed sots...push him further up the park and hopefully see those goals he was scoring freely last season.

Yeah that could help, at Fulham I suspect for 2 maybe 3 seasons? he was one of the first names on the team sheet,stepping up by itself AND having to prove yourself again cant be that easy and has, to a degree, have some effect on a players confidence, time and patience is probably the key, and games of coarse.

Crikey rij...you're the most contrary geezer imaginable! Take what you've just written and apply it to Lloris....

Crikey rij...you're the most contrary geezer imaginable! Take what you've just written and apply it to Lloris....

Fair point smokes but arguably the goalie, is the one position that you JUST CANT take any time to settle, But really IMO the whole situ is a real fuc up, carmine and alfie are right we need consistency maybe the answer was to have bought hugo let him stay in france till the end of the season and let brad carry on until the end of the season/contract given hugo a full pre season as no 1 ect ect WIN WIN. Also helped ease a little this frankly embarrassing traffic jam of highly paid keepers we've got, what is it 4 international keepers got and we're down to one striker <deleted>!!! .

Edited by rijit

He's on my ignore list smokes because i'm so fed up listening to his usual horsesh1t. Bloke just starts arguements for the sake of it and is an embarrassment to this thread. When he's not on here he's making a clown of himself on the City thread. My nephews only eight years old but has a far better grounding and knowledge of football and he doesn't need to be agressive and bloody minded when discussing the game

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Blimey. We're all grumpy this morning aren't we. Mind you, I can see why. Landed in the UK yesterday, had a great night tasting various real ales but it's <deleted> freezing. Get me back to the sun. Still got another 8 days to do yet.

You heading to chayaphun mate?

Blimey. We're all grumpy this morning aren't we. Mind you, I can see why. Landed in the UK yesterday, had a great night tasting various real ales but it's <deleted> freezing. Get me back to the sun. Still got another 8 days to do yet.

Next month yeah. I;m in Portsmouth at the mo, it's 7oçlock and no bladdy sun yet. It's also too cold to venture out yet. Think I'll have another Bacon sarnie licklips.gif

You're on the South coast riviera <deleted>....stop moaning....gales up here!

Anyway...good job yer not stayin' longer or we might have to get yer a shiny new red footy shirt. laugh.png

Off to Manchester tomorrow. First stop, the City shop at the ground. The Daughter is growing fast and I need to keep the brain washing going and keeping her dressed correctly. laugh.png

• Like 2

Next month yeah. I;m in Portsmouth at the mo, it's 7oçlock and no bladdy sun yet. It's also too cold to venture out yet. Think I'll have another Bacon sarnie licklips.gif

Life is tough Mr B. biggrin.png

Anyway...good job yer not stayin' longer or we might have to get yer a shiny new red footy shirt. laugh.png

Off to Manchester tomorrow. First stop, the City shop at the ground. The Daughter is growing fast and I need to keep the brain washing going and keeping her dressed correctly. laugh.png

Don't do it mate just think of all the pain and agony she will have to go through being a city fan all her life, better to just buy her a barbie doll.

Don't do it mate just think of all the pain and agony she will have to go through being a city fan all her life, better to just buy her a barbie doll.

Someone call the social services quick.

biggrin.png

I'm just passing on the gift that is being a City fan, which my father passed onto me. She's having it easy as we have already won more in her short 4 years than the whole of my lifelaugh.png

• Like 1

Big 7 days coming lazio away west ham away the Liverpool at the lane. Think we could do with some good team news to see us into these games, maybe dembele fit or parker back or even asseo boy at l/b returning would give us a few options. Anyone see or hear about his tweet last ? weekish opened something like 'good to be back at work' but defo finished with 'even if you hate your boss', <deleted>!!!!

I'm just passing on the gift that is being a City fan, which my father passed onto me. She's having it easy as we have already won more in her short 4 years than the whole of my lifelaugh.png

Yeah she's lucky she not having to go through the relegation's ect ect bo, not pleasant being relegated when your a kid, other kids can be unforgivingly cruel, bit like on here sometimes biggrin.png

Life is tough Mr B. biggrin.png

Tis indeed Ups. Meetings finished early as well. If it was just 20 degrees hotter life would be great.