Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Given our form recently a draw wouldbe a good result. I stil can't fathom our inability to maintain our standard for 90 mins.

If we did I would expect three points. Everton are a good side this year though.

Adebayor to start methinks....he was very good in midweek.

Our recent form was four straight wins!

Why can't we defend a lead? Same thing every other week. One-nil up at the 90th minute and lose! <deleted>!

Why is Gallas playing? He's a total liability. i believe i'm right in saying he's played in every game that we've conceded after 80 mins. Why can't AVB, Fruend and the technical team see this guys just too old! Caulker is starting to look like a young player in serious need of a break too. We desperately need Kaboul and BAE back and quite why we might be considering selling Dawson and keeping Gallas defies belief!

"If games were only 80 mins we'd be top of the league". That horrid statistic says it all.

Can you Adam n eve it,I only turned it over after the end of our mighty come back over Liverpool and I get to see Spurs balls it up Priceless.

Bet you feel a right knob now! This should be the start of your freefall down the table and the ensuing relegation struggle. Suarez suspended and their second highest goal scorer is own goals yet you lot concede three at home!! Mugs jerk.gif

Edited by carmine

Dembele and lennon off AGAIN, i'm wondering if they're still feeling their injuries. With siggy hitting the cross bar and at 88mins even though our midfield was wastful huddlestone in particular was poor, it looked like we had enuf control and were going to take three points and tbh barring the first 15 mins in each half and the mad 3 mins of coarse, thought everton were pretty ineffective. Hugo should have stopped peanuts header for the first but overall Sloppy sloppy defending on our left hand side our defence, it doesn't play as a unit, no one holds the line, gallas was continually having to come over and cover caulker and verity. Dempsey worked harder going bac than iv ever seen bale do, as ive said b4 imo aseoboy makes a difference down that left hand side, he can do the defending bit pretty much without bales help and that allows bale to do what he does best. WE MISS asoboy. And we really miss/need a leader,I just hope parker aint sold during the january windoiw. shocking horrible feelin after the game. plus 's dempsey is looking the part and dembele is a joy to watch cant wait for him to play further forward and start unpicking defenses.

Why can't we defend a lead? Same thing every other week. One-nil up at the 90th minute and lose! <deleted>!

Why is Gallas playing? He's a total liability. i believe i'm right in saying he's played in every game that we've conceded after 80 mins. Why can't AVB, Fruend and the technical team see this guys just too old! Caulker is starting to look like a young player in serious need of a break too. We desperately need Kaboul and BAE back and quite why we might be considering selling Dawson and keeping Gallas defies belief!

"If games were only 80 mins we'd be top of the league". That horrid statistic says it all.

I don't blame Gallas or any of the back four cos for 90mins they were keeping a clean sheet!

I can only see one constant reason why we keep conceding late goals when we're leading, since the start of the season

AVB keeps doing the same thing, takes off attacking players and puts on defensive players to try and hold on for the last 10mins.

By doing this, it's telling the the team to sit back and defend and it also tells the opposition to attack us!

And nearly everytime he does this we end up conceding.

He needs to change this strategy cos it clearly isn't working, why not train the team to play out the game by keeping possession

by using the wingers and strikers as an outlet and take the ball into the oppositions half and down to the corner flags!

Basically play out the last 10 - 15 mins away from our penalty area, not put a line of 6 players in front of our goal and try and keep the

ball out of our goal!

For me it's AVB's and his assistants fault cos his substitutions are making the team concede!

I don't blame Gallas or any of the back four cos for 90mins they were keeping a clean sheet!

I can only see one constant reason why we keep conceding late goals when we're leading, since the start of the season

AVB keeps doing the same thing, takes off attacking players and puts on defensive players to try and hold on for the last 10mins.

By doing this, it's telling the the team to sit back and defend and it also tells the opposition to attack us!

He needs to change this strategy cos it clearly isn't working, why not train the team to play out the game by keeping possession

by using the wingers and strikers as an outlet and take the ball into the oppositions half and down to the corner flags!

Basically play out the last 10 - 15 mins away from our penalty area, not put a line of 6 players in front of our goal and try and keep the

ball out of our goal!

For me it's AVB's and his assistants fault cos his substitutions are making the team concede!

In all fairness mate yesterdays sub demele off and siggy on, lennon off and hudds on, siggy cant really be classed l any less an attacking player than dembele and granted hudds could be looked at as a defending option. so one extra midfielder over a winger HMMMMMMMMM shouldnt really weaken us or invite the opposition on any more than they've already been doing. 4 me

getting that defence right and lets be honest it aint right, is

down to hard graft on the training pitch, hours of working as a unit, all the boring yet effective shit defenders should be doing it just don't look like that's happening or if it is the players ain't taking it in.

ball out of our goal!

Good post that sots. Have to agree with that....Everton aren't a bad side.....three points down the drain for us however.

Thanks for the cheer up Alfredo! smile.png

ball out of our goal!

Good post that sots. Have to agree with that....Everton aren't a bad side.....three points down the drain for us however.

Thanks for the cheer up Alfredo! smile.png

Chaps, the whole point about Gallas is that he's 36 next birthday and through age weakens and slows down dramatically through the second half of games. Does it really matter if we concede in the 80th of the 95th minute. He's just too old to play a complete match at this level.

One of those goals incidentally was down to Caulker ignoring a call to leave by Lloris. Just inexperience but a further example that constantly changing a back four and keeper doesn't work. The biggest problem at the moment is BAE still a long way off ready because he could slot in on the left allowing Vertoghen to play central. Naughton has done ok but is not a left back as we know.

Well you should do, if defenders make indivdual errors then you are going to concede goals, on Saturday,first goal, error by Caulker for not letting the ball run to Lloris, Vertonghen out of position and not clearing the ball, neither Walker or Sig marking Pienaar, so thats four players making mistakes !!!!! of course your going to let in a goal.

I think we've had this conversation before so i repeat myself show me the games where we have gone really defensive with our substitutions, perhaps Man City !!! on saturday, he replaced Dembele (tired) Defoe and Lennon and replaced them with Huddlestone, Sig and Falque where's that defensive ?

ball out of our goal!

Generally we can't keep possession at the best of times so how on earth you think we are going to keep possession at Goodison, one nil up with ten minutes to go and if you think we are your living in cuckoo land !

It's simple if we don't make individual errors then we won't lose games.

Edited by alfieconn

The thing about the game on sunday which really annoys me is that if we hadn't made those stupid individual errors we could have nicked three points that we didn't really deserve to.

And a note to Caulker; When your world class keeper tells you to leave a ball do what he <deleted> well says. i know he's a young lad learning but this is something rather elimentary.

Taking out these stupid errors and installing discipline is AVB's biggest challenge right now.

It also wouldn't harm us to have a leader like Parker adding some extra backbone.

Well you should do, if defenders make indivdual errors then you are going to concede goals, on Saturday,first goal, error by Caulker for not letting the ball run to Lloris, Vertonghen out of position and not clearing the ball, neither Walker or Sig marking Pienaar, so thats four players making mistakes !!!!! of course your going to let in a goal.

I think we've had this conversation before so i repeat myself show me the games where we have gone really defensive with our substitutions, perhaps Man City !!! on saturday, he replaced Dembele (tired) Defoe and Lennon and replaced them with Huddlestone, Sig and Falque where's that defensive ?

ball out of our goal!

Generally we can't keep possession at the best of times so how on earth you think we are going to keep possession at Goodison, one nil up with ten minutes to go and if you think we are your living in cuckoo land !

It's simple if we don't make individual errors then we won't lose games.

Fair points there alfie,

but i've watched every game we played this season, and i can only recall 2 games where we've won without

any pressure in the last 10mins, west ham and fulham.

All the others have ended with our backs to the wall.

My point is, AVB needs to work on the team to play out games by keeping the ball away from our penalty box

and stop sitting too deep when defending a lead.

It's happening far to often and watching us this season is becoming a health concern! w00t.gif

Should have all our injured back to full fitness by the end of the year with Parker hopefully playing or on the bench next sunday. BAE back in full training so hopefully we can make the Vertoghen swith to center back soon.

What is particularily important about this switch would be that as a result of Gallas being dropped which i pray will happen we will hold a higher line because its mainly him that keeps pulling us deeper. If we could start regularily with a back four of Walker Kaboul Vertoghen BAE we'd be much better.

Bale should be back on sunday aswell. Lets hope

• Like 1

The best they can come up with at <deleted> hart lane.

Verthongen he came from Amsterdam to play for Tottenham.

Tragic.

At least we have the ability to sing different songs for each of our players.

Unlike the spammers who are forever blowing bubbles and then just FADE AND DIE!

Suits your lot down to the ground! LOL

Win's a win....could have been far more comfortable and I see the last few minutes and have near several heart attacks.

Hope Adebayor is back quickly.

Back to fourth going into Xmas so have to be satisfied with that.

No sign of BAE unfortunately.....and of course Gareth......when is he likely to return?