Tottenham Thread

chonabot

hopefully swansea has got the san marino back 4 on a loan deal for this week, so young jermaine will fancy his chances to get a league goal again.

i hate to say it if mr bale doesnt fire it could be a long afternoon.

but remain faithful and have confidence in vertonghen to get us a goal or two, and avb to kick our lads into action

Amusing lady, but bac 2 football, V happy with the three points yesterday a hard fought win, another bale master class!!! defensively thought we had to dig deep as we were pushed hard by a good Swansea team. Adeboy did his job, held the line and he tried. With his power and pace got himself in a great position to score, shame he missed.

him ending the season showing some form would be a major plus. the frustrating thing with him is you know he's got so much more to offer, how you get him to show it!!!!, is another thing, best we give ari a call. Seriously tho commentators were raving bout the bale block, but spare a thought for brad boy in goal, our defense TOTALLY, switched off 4 a free kic swansea took quickly just as well brad didnt and stopped michu scoring. who on another day would/should have at least got a hatrick. sorry but i'm not sure why vb is sticking with naughton, its almost painful now watching him struggle

using his weaker foot, he's turning into a liability other managers are spotting, time and time again they exploited the right flank, even replaced the right winger with another man out their, asseo boy needs games get him the fuc on there !!!! busy 15 days coming up, 5 games 2 b played, <deleted>, lets hope 4 not 2 many injuries!!!!.

Amusing lady, but bac 2 football, V happy with the three points yesterday a hard fought win, another bale master class!!! defensively thought we had to dig deep as we were pushed hard by a good Swansea team. Adeboy did his job, held the line and he tried. With his power and pace got himself in a great position to score, shame he missed.

him ending the season showing some form would be a major plus. the frustrating thing with him is you know he's got so much more to offer, how you get him to show it!!!!, is another thing, best we give ari a call. Seriously tho commentators were raving bout the bale block, but spare a thought for brad boy in goal, our defense TOTALLY, switched off 4 a free kic swansea took quickly just as well brad didnt and stopped michu scoring. who on another day would/should have at least got a hatrick. sorry but i'm not sure why vb is sticking with naughton, its almost painful now watching him struggle

using his weaker foot, he's turning into a liability other managers are spotting, time and time again they exploited the right flank, even replaced the right winger with another man out their, asseo boy needs games get him the fuc on there !!!! busy 15 days coming up, 5 games 2 b played, <deleted>, lets hope 4 not 2 many injuries!!!!.

Good win for the Spurs and the centre forward they need was playing against them.

• Like 1

Good win for the Spurs and the centre forward they need was playing against them.

yeah could be o's mate we all know adeboy can do it, but so far under vb he just aint managed it.

yeah could be o's mate we all know adeboy can do it, but so far under vb he just aint managed it.

I think either Michu or Benteke would fit in at Spurs, both big and strong and both have a goal scoring ability. I worry for Spurs if Bale does go, I simply can't imagine how he can be replaced.

I think either Michu or Benteke would fit in at Spurs, both big and strong and both have a goal scoring ability. I worry for Spurs if Bale does go, I simply can't imagine how he can be replaced.

The most important thing for Spurs next season is to get another striker so we don't have to rely on Bales goals. Michu would be ideal but Levy wouldn't pay the money and he's already signed a contracr extension i think.

All this aside, what we really need now is our one proven quality striker to get some confidence back and score. Adebayor is a very fine player that has seemingly lost all confidence as that pathetic fluffed chance against Swansea showed all too clearly. Its more about him getting back his form. If he does we will finish in the top four.

Defoe will never be anything more than average, running hot and cold, scoring the odd spectacular goal, missing far more and contributing little else.

Edited by carmine

Contract extensions can be compensated for. I like the look of Benteke the more I see of him.

Replacing Bale whether Spurs sell him or he's injured isn't a simple task. It's not as if he stands in the box and waits for chances, he does the whole package. Picks the ball up in his own half, does the job of the half backs and forwards alone, I'm reluctant to say 'one man team', but often that's the case and entirely different from RVP, who is often on the end of superb passes........how do you replace that, even with a goalscorer. And to be honest Spurs are not going to be able to buy the sort of player that would go to say, Real Madrid, Bayern or Man U. Of course much depends on getting a CL place and there's stacks of money next year. biggrin.png

Nice win for the youngsters yesterday :

LIVERPOOL U21S 1-3 SPURS

Posted 01 April 2013 4:41pm

Our Under-21s dominated at Anfield to move 10 points clear in the Elite Group of the Barclays U21 Premier League on Easter Monday.

We gonna be seeing any of them in the first 11 alfie?

Nice win for the youngsters yesterday :

LIVERPOOL U21S 1-3 SPURS

Posted 01 April 2013 4:41pm

Our Under-21s dominated at Anfield to move 10 points clear in the Elite Group of the Barclays U21 Premier League on Easter Monday.

We gonna be seeing any of them in the first 11 alfie?

I doubt it very much and certainly not from this team any time soon as they are behind the likes of Adam Smith, Yago Falque, Souleymane Coulibaly, Alex Pritchard, Ryan Mason, Andros Townsend, Harry Kane, Jon Obika, Jonathan Miles, Kevin Stewart, Massimo Luongo, Dean Parrett and Nathan Byrne who are all under 21.

Edited by alfieconn

Yeah just wondering whether there was a stand out, thats rumored 2 be a 'shoe in' 4 the future but yeah that's a list 4 sure!!!

and from the one's ive seen on it, cover is the best we /they can hope 2 b with us. it's tough for these kids to break through, even Caulker, heralded season at Swansea, bust into the england squad ect ect. now, more time's than not he's bench warming.

Yeah just wondering whether there was a stand out, thats rumored 2 be a 'shoe in' 4 the future but yeah that's a list 4 sure!!!

and from the one's ive seen on it, cover is the best we /they can hope 2 b with us. it's tough for these kids to break through, even Caulker, heralded season at Swansea, bust into the england squad ect ect. now, more time's than not he's bench warming.

Alex Pritchard

Defoe out for atleast two games for what its worth!! Hardly newsworthy i know in respect of his contribution but Manchester City fans must be happy in the knowledge that he's back for their fixture at WHL. Joe Hart must be crapping it. sick.gif

Alex Pritchard

Currently Cant make the bench at Peterborough.

Thought we were 2 nd best tonight and tbh lucky to get away with a draw. Our defence <deleted>,!!!! As much as verity has wonderful moments going 4 ward, his defending, aint the greatest, caught flatfooted for the 2nd and had not 2 clever a hand in the first,IMo he should have gone off and asseo boy should have got more minutes, which he desperately needs, 4 me the Only defender that came out with ANY cred 2nite was Naughton, thought he looked half decent on the right. Just to round a bad evenin off we lose lennon to the same hamstring he picked up after the bizarre vb 'are u ok 2 play 'incident and bale, with which looks like he's out 4 at least a month. not a great evening and the rest of the seasons gonna be tough, still a good opportunity 4 someone can step up and deliver..

Edited by rijit