Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Should be a formality against Basel....but we will see.

Always room for a surprise...and the second leg is away unfortunately.

OMG smokie...............can the mods delete this post please!!!!!?

Theres no such thing as a formaility even when you are 3-0 up...especially if you are Spurs!!!

Perhaps I should have covered this in tongue in cheek emoticons for Ed's sake.

Mind you I still fancy we will be in the last four. biggrin.png

Last four of what? tongue.png

the how to bottle it at the end of every season league. clap2.gif

Don't they just!

great picture on the BBC website of an advertising hoarding outside <deleted> fart lane. with old monkey boy inset, with the words written underneath.

to do, is to dare " i will ! "

now all it needs is to have someone add the words, sod off to Real Madrid and play CL football next season. w00t.gif

Edited by tigerfish

Reality check, I think.

The squad isnt big enough to cope with a run in Europe and to perform week in week out in the Premiership.

Plus the usual implosion at this time of the year must affect the team mentally.

Or maybe its your manager?tongue.png

Reality check, I think.

The squad isnt big enough to cope with a run in Europe and to perform week in week out in the Premiership.

Plus the usual implosion at this time of the year must affect the team mentally.

Baring in mind we have finished 4th, 5th and 4th the last three seasons can you explain the "usual implosion"? If in jest its amusing but i think you bare serious Jack which makes it a little stupid considering the facts. A deep in form through a season is normal for a team but ultimately its where you finish that counts and the last three years suggest we are very consistent over the full season doesn't it

Reality check, I think.

This could be written about city biggrin.png

Were going down with wobbly chops!!!!!w00t.gif

Dear Mr Levy, we all told you so. Should have supported your manager and bought a striker.

I think everyone knew that in order to be strong they needed a striker and a good one at that.

Any money spent would be recuperated from the CL.

Teams have off days, just look at City and Liverpool......it happens, but the Lilywhites will be back.

Edited by uptheos

One man team, bale goes missing average at best, no decent strikers, bet you wish you had Berbatov backwink.png and to think you took 4 points off ussad.png

No Nev what we really needed was a friendly referee that could could have gotten us out of a sticky situation when we are playing poorly and getting beaten. Something that every Utd supporter should recognise.

Dear Mr Levy, we all told you so. Should have supported your manager and bought a striker.

I think everyone knew that in order to be strong they needed a striker and a good one at that.

Quite funny isn't it that everybody seemed to understand this except Levy!! It all well and good having a billionaire owner but it counts for nothing if he won't invest and uncle Joe Lewis prefers spending on super yachts. Whilst Levy is the first in line for blame the real problem here is Lewis

Quite funny isn't it that everybody seemed to understand this except Levy!! It all well and good having a billionaire owner but it counts for nothing if he won't invest and uncle Joe Lewis prefers spending on super yachts. Whilst Levy is the first in line for blame the real problem here is Lewis

Despite that defeat, still 4 points above Arsenal and only 5 points behind City who must now be looking over their shoulders with great trepidation. Wow, are Man U really 16 points ahead of City (including GD)? If it were a horse race they would say the second is a distance behind.

Despite that defeat, still 4 points above Arsenal and only 5 points behind City who must now be looking over their shoulders with great trepidation. Wow, are Man U really 16 points ahead of City (including GD)? If it were a horse race they would say the second is a distance behind.

Yep very impressive. Robins had a great season

Reality check, I think.

Thought it was you imploded last season, at this time of the year

Reality check, I think.

Thought it was you imploded last season, at this time of the year

Quite!

Wrote about this on a website about 2 months ago that lack of cover in certain positions could be our downfall, so we have 5 central defenders, 4 central attacking midfielders ( 3 bought this season ),5 defensive midfield players, no left back cover (apart from moving a central defender there ), no right or left wing cover ( we lend out our only wing cover), so what happens last night , we move the guy whos been playing decent from the left to the right side of mid, the left back who's been playing crap to left mid, the centre back whos been playing great to left back and bring in a inexperinced young defender who yet again is partly at fault for the goal.No wonder no one new what they were doing !

And can someone explain to Ade and AVB that centre forward means just that, i.e. you play forward of everyone else and in the centre, not on the <deleted> left wing !!

Apart from that everything else was fine 4.gif

Anyway my weekend went like this : Saturday : My team lost in the pool league and i lost me singles. 2.gif

Goonners won 2.gif

England rugby lost 2.gif

Sunday : Spurs lost 2.gif

Chelsea won 2.gif

One football trade comes in 42 sobs won 1.gif

Two football trades i was advised to do and didn't, both came in, about 80 sobs not won 2.gif

And i'm still in a good mood today 40.gif( mind you, i'm not sure how long that is going to last as i'm taking the missus out )

Wrote about this on a website about 2 months ago that lack of cover in certain positions could be our downfall, so we have 5 central defenders, 4 central attacking midfielders ( 3 bought this season ),5 defensive midfield players, no left back cover (apart from moving a central defender there ), no right or left wing cover ( we lend out our only wing cover), so what happens last night , we move the guy whos been playing decent from the left to the right side of mid, the left back who's been playing crap to left mid, the centre back whos been playing great to left back and bring in a inexperinced young defender who yet again is partly at fault for the goal.No wonder no one new what they were doing !

And can someone explain to Ade and AVB that centre forward means just that, i.e. you play forward of everyone else and in the centre, not on the <deleted> left wing !!

Anyway my weekend went like this : Saturday : My team lost in the pool league and i lost me singles. 2.gif

Goonners won 2.gif

England rugby lost 2.gif

Chelsea won 2.gif

Two football trades i was advised to do and didn't, both came in, about 80 sobs not won 2.gif

And i'm still in a good mood today 40.gif( mind you, i'm not sure how long that is going to last as i'm taking the missus out )

Morning Alfie,hope you have a wonderful day!

Goonners won 2.gif

England rugby lost 2.gif

Chelsea won 2.gif

Goonners won 2.gif

England rugby lost 2.gif

Chelsea won 2.gif

I sat watching the tv as they showed our side and was still sitting there ten minutes later totally confused as to what AVB was up to.

My conclusion at the end was no wonder no one knew what they were supposed to be doing. Utter shambles from start to finish.

I see Defoe has now decided to hit the ball straight at the keeper which really is no better than the customary hoof out of the ground. Jeeez he's useless

What about the wunderbar Holtby?

pound in larndan is a nicker smile.png

Paaaaand in London is bugger all. Where's the monkey lads? tongue.png

Or at the very least a pony innit.....

It's a lady godiva for a packet of oily rags these days.

Missed the game,But saw mod2, SORI <deleted> was vb up 2 ? Were into the 'Business end' of the season And surely when champions league qualification is still v much the stake you need the best players in their best positions out there, sorry but imo this jiggling, seemingly to sort of keep everybody happy, is frankly inept and costing us. And please please tell me, berby didn't beat our player, was it Naughton ? OVER 50 YDS!!!