Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Without Bale, Lennon and Defoe, that's all the pace taken out of the team,

very tough April fixture list too.

We gonna have to rely on Siggy, Dempsey and Holtby to step up a few gears.

too true, we are starting to look lean at the wrong time of the season, as you say the others must step up.

tonight, basel attacked with some verve, and looked eager to make a kill, they were my choice of the draws for this round, but now as we have seen there is no mugs at this stage.

thought holtby looked good at times, with bale out, he needs to step up.

adebayor, at least he showed some intent tonight.

next leg in basel, even though they only need a low score draw, they will need to impress their fans, so a side organised around quick counter attacks is what we will need, oops all our pace is now injured.

Lucky to get the draw.

Hopefully Bale's unjury will just be a strain. Fingers crossed for the lad....he looked in a lot of pain. Likely out a week or two.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-98759-1365127077947_thumb.jpg

No transfer business and loaning out too many players has finally caught up with us.

Lennon and Bale injured, Townsend and Falque loaned out so no proper wing cover only Adebayor up top because lets face it, Defoe doesn't really count does he! So we are left with no pace which nulifies our greatest attribute which is the counter attack.

Incidentally Falque is being released at the end of the season which might come as a surprise to many of you.

Why is AVB still playing Gallas? Vertonghen was having to do the work of one and a half players. Gallas is 36 nb and a liability. BAE was absolutely dreadful,constantly giving the ball away heaping more pressure on the defense. I blame lack of game time more than the player tbh but with the form of Rose you have to wonder why he's being wasted up at Sunderland. i thought that Friedal played well and frankly kept us in the game, but if you are going to play him you have to set the defensive line differently to when you play Lloris.

Adebayor showed good work rate and i thought signs of some form coming back thank God but i really think we are deep in the proverbial now and i don't think there are any tactics to compensate for the lack of player cover.

Over to you Mr Levy... So you saved a few pennies again and yet again you will probably lose us millions by not qualifying for the CL. I just wish Joe Lewis would either show some commitment to the club in the transfer market or sell us to someone that will.

Just having a chuckle at those who had a chuckle at United last year for not beating 'lowly' Basle...

Carry on....

Yes Mr Heavydrinker!! wink.png

Do you remember what the Spurs boys where saying wink.png that they where another easy draw team laugh.png

There is renewed interest from Real Madrid you know laugh.png

Edited by MrRed

And you wonder why there are so many ABU's!! Anyone would think Utd had recently been dumped out of a european competition!

Get over it.jerk.gif

Or 15 points clear at the top of the table....b*stards....

Utd are just a big fish in a not so big pond. Pretentions of being something they are not and never will be because Real Madrid and Barca will always be bigger.

Why do you think that Ronaldo went as soon as Madrid said thet wanted him. Just used you as a stepping stone.

I don't even have to mention the countdown to decline as the retirement of Ferguson draws ever closer. biggrin.png

Yeah just wondering whether there was a stand out, thats rumored 2 be a 'shoe in' 4 the future but yeah that's a list 4 sure!!!

and from the one's ive seen on it, cover is the best we /they can hope 2 b with us. it's tough for these kids to break through, even Caulker, heralded season at Swansea, bust into the england squad ect ect. now, more time's than not he's bench warming.

Alex Pritchard

Currently Cant make the bench at Peterborough.

More sarcasm? I'm only trying to clue you up! Nevermind, i won't bother next time.

Yes, anyway, its what happens when you get an extremely nasty ankle injury. You might not rate him numnuts but Spurs do because he's just penned a new contract and Barca have made an inquiry this season too after we beat them 4-1 in the nextgen. Clearly i waste my time trying to clue you up numptylaugh.png

sarcasm? , had a look at the bbc's Peterborough page and saw he hadnt been playing , maybe appropriate ans' from you was 'he's been injured'.

Edited by rijit

Thought we were 2 nd best tonight and tbh lucky to get away with a draw. Our defence <deleted>,!!!! As much as verity has wonderful moments going 4 ward, his defending, aint the greatest, caught flatfooted for the 2nd and had not 2 clever a hand in the first,IMo he should have gone off and asseo boy should have got more minutes, which he desperately needs, 4 me the Only defender that came out with ANY cred 2nite was Naughton, thought he looked half decent on the right. Just to round a bad evenin off we lose lennon to the same hamstring he picked up after the bizarre vb 'are u ok 2 play 'incident and bale, with which looks like he's out 4 at least a month. not a great evening and the rest of the seasons gonna be tough, still a good opportunity 4 someone can step up and deliver..

Youv'e had thing about Vertonhen since he came into the team and forever supporting Bae, you say Verts was flatfooted for the 2nd goal when he jumped for the ball and was unlucky that it came off the top of his head, you fail to mention the terrible attempt by Bae to tackle a fella on the way to the first goal, perhaps you need to watch the game more !

Lennon had a knee injury.

Avb is looking to have Bale back for the Man city game (21 Apr), a bit different to at least a month.

Perhaps you need to change the place you get your facts from !!!!

Just having a chuckle at those who had a chuckle at United last year for not beating 'lowly' Basle...

Carry on....

Yes Mr Heavydrinker!! wink.png

Do you remember what the Spurs boys where saying wink.png that they where another easy draw team laugh.png

There is renewed interest from Real Madrid you know laugh.png

yeah common denominator for every pundit and poster when the draw was made was that if you could pick a team then we'd got the 'coverted' one, but bottom line is that beating any team that's got this far through the comp ain't gonna be easy,

Thought we were 2 nd best tonight and tbh lucky to get away with a draw. Our defence <deleted>,!!!! As much as verity has wonderful moments going 4 ward, his defending, aint the greatest, caught flatfooted for the 2nd and had not 2 clever a hand in the first,IMo he should have gone off and asseo boy should have got more minutes, which he desperately needs, 4 me the Only defender that came out with ANY cred 2nite was Naughton, thought he looked half decent on the right. Just to round a bad evenin off we lose lennon to the same hamstring he picked up after the bizarre vb 'are u ok 2 play 'incident and bale, with which looks like he's out 4 at least a month. not a great evening and the rest of the seasons gonna be tough, still a good opportunity 4 someone can step up and deliver..

Youv'e had thing about Vertonhen since he came into the team and forever supporting Bae, you say Verts was flatfooted for the 2nd goal when he jumped for the ball and was unlucky that it came off the top of his head, you fail to mention the terrible attempt by Bae to tackle a fella on the way to the first goal, perhaps you need to watch the game more !

Lennon had a knee injury.

Avb is looking to have Bale back for the Man city game (21 Apr), a bit different to at least a month.

Perhaps you need to change the place you get your facts from !!!!

Alf, do me a favour and try to explain to Rijit than when a player is "ruled out for a minimum of six weeks" it means in effect that he won't be playing!

Jeez, its like trying to explain something to a chipmunk with a hearing problemlaugh.png

Incidentally he's also been dogging off Vertonghen whenever he can all season yet Verts is seeming to be appearing in ex players choice to be in the premier league team of the season. As for last night the poor guy spent the whole game carrying Gallas.cheesy.gif

Lucky to get the draw.

Hopefully Bale's unjury will just be a strain. Fingers crossed for the lad....he looked in a lot of pain. Likely out a week or two.

I lost count of the amount of clear shots that the opponents were allowed from just outside the box, but fortunately they all seemed to be in Johny Wilkinson mode. I'd like to see Dembele running at defences a bit more.

Just going on what the commentators were saying last night, stracken and southgate, both thought that it looked like it would be at best be torn ligaments and would be out 4 a minimum 4 weeks, and then it would probably effect him for another couple of months.But best we wait and see what the scan reveals, as 4 lennon, same applies they mentioned it was a hamstring injury. As for verity, imo his strength is bringing the ball out of defense and linking with the attack, aka the goal and the set up at the weekend imo his defending needs work. As for aseouo boy, he needs game time to get his form back and unlike vb did with the others that form have dipped, he aint really givin him enough. minutes. Perhaps he doesn't rate him, but personally I'de sooner have him at l/b than right footed naughton, but there we go football is but a game of opinions.clap2.gif

Edited by rijit

Just going on what the commentators were saying last night, stracken and southgate, both thought that it looked like it would be at best be torn ligaments and would be out 4 a minimum 4 weeks, and then it would probably effect him for another couple of months.

Look on the bright side, no-one is going to buy him until he's fully fit.

• Like 1

Lucky to get the draw.

I lost count of the amount of clear shots that the opponents were allowed from just outside the box, but fortunately they all seemed to be in Johny Wilkinson mode. I'd like to see Dembele running at defences a bit more.

Yeah, he's got awesome power and quick enough feet, he started well last night but they seemed to ge t a handle on him fairly quickly, thought their t manager got almost everything spot on last night.

• Like 1

Just going on what the commentators were saying last night, stracken and southgate, both thought that it looked like it would be at best be torn ligaments and would be out 4 a minimum 4 weeks, and then it would probably effect him for another couple of months.

Look on the bright side, no-one is going to buy him until he's fully fit.

Or mate they could see it as an opp to nick him a bit cheaperwub.pngwub.png LOL!!!!

Just going on what the commentators were saying last night, stracken and southgate, both thought that it looked like it would be at best be torn ligaments and would be out 4 a minimum 4 weeks, and then it would probably effect him for another couple of months.But best we wait and see what the scan reveals, as 4 lennon, same applies they mentioned it was a hamstring injury. As for verity, imo his strength is bringing the ball out of defense and linking with the attack, aka the goal and the set up at the weekend imo his defending needs work. As for aseouo boy, he needs game time to get his form back and unlike vb did with the others that form have dipped, he aint really givin him enough. minutes. Perhaps he doesn't rate him, but personally I'de sooner have him at l/b than right footed naughton, but there we go football is but a game of opinions.clap2.gif

Get his form back 40.gifhe's been crap all season, anyway he won't have long to get this form back that you talk about as he will be off at the end of the season.

Lucky to get the draw.

Yeah, he's got awesome power and quick enough feet, he started well last night but they seemed to ge t a handle on him fairly quickly, thought their t manager got almost everything spot on last night.

Dembele could be the Yaya of WHL. smile.png