Tottenham Thread

chonabot

A competent performance in milan and a win against Fulham and we are back on track

No! Sneaking home against Milan and picking up a few injuries, before embarking on the annual totts end of season collapse is a much better plan!

Trust me.

(Not that it will matter, as Swansea will probably rape what's left of our miserable defence at the weekend biggrin.png )

Takes the pressure off us a tad, so I'm happy with that. I'd still like you to come in 3rd though.

I'll take 3rd this season. Considering we don't have a proper striker i'd say that was quite an achievement.

Did you know MrB that scrotum face said that "Suarez wasn't right for us" after it was revealed we didn't even put in a bid for him! Apparently he didn't rate him. Maybe Suarez's agent refused to pay him a back hander

No, didn't know that Carms. Suppose all managers have made a similar mistake at some point but to me it's really down to the scouts. A lot of Managers used to want to build a team around a certain player but with contracts not being worth a jot nowadays and players leaving virtually when they like, it's a dangerous tactic. Maybe Harry had that in mind, dunno. Harry's rallying the troops at QPR though, isn't he.

Bottom line is its unlikely Daniel would have shelled out over £20m on any player....or will in the future. sad.png

Correct but maybe Levy gets the blame too often by us. Lets not forget, the one holding the purse strings is his uncle, Joe Lewis. He might well be a billionaire but he certainly doesn't spend it on Spurs.

Its long been a rumour for example that Levy didn't want to sack Martin Jol but Lewis thought we needed a change. Another example of an owner getting too hands on and causing uneccessary problems.

Its plain and simple to me. If we qualify for the champions league, take the FA cup seriously and remain in the top four they must invest in our squad. Mindyou, i'm still not convinced our season won't implode again if we get a couple of key injuries. Theres no cover for Bale Lennon Dembele, Adebayor has seemingly gone into early retirement and Stevie Wonder has a better eye for goal than Defoe.

A competent performance in milan and a win against Fulham and we are back on track

No! Sneaking home against Milan and picking up a few injuries, before embarking on the annual totts end of season collapse is a much better plan!

Trust me.

(Not that it will matter, as Swansea will probably rape what's left of our miserable defence at the weekend biggrin.png )

I wouldn't trust any of you lot to make me beans on toast.

Now bugger off! biggrin.png

• Like 1

I know i keep harping on about it, but if only we had a decent centre forward, sometimes its like playing with 10 men, stats : 1 shot, 15 passes, 1 mistake that led to the goal <deleted>.

Everyone knew that if there was going to be a weakness after Xmas, it is at centre forward. I don't know if Spurs really tried to get someone, but Defoe is absolutely miserable. I just hope they can keep their spirits up and consolidate 3rd spot. Holtby was a consolation signing to appease the fans and I can't see him being around too long, a bit weak for me.

I give credit to Rodgers for buying Sturridge when everyone was slagging him off.

Sturridge looks a much better player than i gave him credit for. Lets see if he has the consistency.

Bottom line, Defoe is utterly hopeless bar the odd good performance. A one in five player.

Trust me.

Whats your take on the situation with Wenger and Bould regarding your defense? Doesn't seem from the outside looking in that they have a very good working relationship

Whats your take on the situation with Wenger and Bould regarding your defense? Doesn't seem from the outside looking in that they have a very good working relationship

Apparently Keown was best at drilling the defence George Graham style, but Wenger has this "total football" obsession about any player being able to play in any position.

Seems to me that all it creates is confusion.

That and changing the back four every week.

Total football and remember also last seasons nugget Chicog, that everyone on the pitch has to be a leader (net result, nobody knows whoTF is the leader).

You Spuds looked really good until that Gooners 2013 defence moment and overall I thought the better football team. Good game to watch!

Total football and remember also last seasons nugget Chicog, that everyone on the pitch has to be a leader (net result, nobody knows whoTF is the leader).

You Spuds looked really good until that Gooners 2013 defence moment and overall I thought the better football team. Good game to watch!

Walkers error was schoolboy. In fairness to Assou-Ekotto he was under a lot of pressure from Suarez although his challenge was clumsy.

My favourite was Defoe's first when, as opposed to hoofing it thirty feet over the bar as per usual he passed the ball beautifully straight back to Suarez! Massively overasted player who offers little to the team bar the odd goal.

I don't want to take credit away from Liverpool but i am very disappointed to leave anfield with nothing but its our own fault because up until the "Walker moment" we looked reasonably comfortable. We were the architects of our own downfall combined with clinical finishing by Liverpool. I also think they are a better side than many on the forum give them credit for. There workrate was also excellent.

Sad to see them lose yesterday.

And this just happens to be he 10,000 post hehe.

This would be post number 10000. thats because there is an interest in our club unlike your pikey pub team.

Cheers for that stoney now please bore off mate. thanksbiggrin.png

carmine, on 11 Mar 2013 - 17:05, said:

SantiSuk, on 11 Mar 2013 - 16:48, said:

Walkers error was schoolboy. In fairness to Assou-Ekotto he was under a lot of pressure from Suarez although his challenge was clumsy.

My favourite was Defoe's first when, as opposed to hoofing it thirty feet over the bar as per usual he passed the ball beautifully straight back to Suarez! Massively overasted player who offers little to the team bar the odd goal.

I don't want to take credit away from Liverpool but i am very disappointed to leave anfield with nothing but its our own fault because up until the "Walker moment" we looked reasonably comfortable. We were the architects of our own downfall combined with clinical finishing by Liverpool. I also think they are a better side than many on the forum give them credit for. There workrate was also excellent.

Agree - I like watching Liverpool (which is why last night I was saying I would have preferred to watch your match to the OT one if I could have guaranteed seeing a replay of the ManU one).

Their first goal was a defo GOTS candidate. Pure class from at least three players in the build up and Suarez again showed an amazing ability to strike a ball so much earlier than anyone else (ok; Messi is the same).

Edited by SantiSuk

10,000 posts = Typical Spurs fans, all talk and no action.

Discussing what could have been.

Tell you what stoney, why don't wet Spam just give us the six points next season and you can rest you team for a couple of fixtures. Seems a waste to turn up and end up our bitches at the final whistle

• Like 1

Agree - I like watching Liverpool (which is whay last night I was saying I would have prefered to watch your match to the OT one if I could guarantee seeing a repaly of the ManU one) and the first goal was a defo GOTS candidate. Pure class from at least three players in the build up and Suarezs has an amazing ability to strike a ball so much earlier than any other striker; only equalled by Messi in that department

I think its a fair comment to say that on current form, in Bale and Suarez there were two of the top four players in the world playing last night

carmine, on 11 Mar 2013 - 13:09, said:

We were the architects of our own downfall combined with clinical finishing by Liverpool. I also think they are a better side than many on the forum give them credit for. There workrate was also excellent.

It's the first time they've won three in a row under Rodgers.

In fairness, I think they started improving when he pinned Suarez up against the wall after the "diving" interview. He's been a much better player for stopping with the constant theatrics.

I noticed the Sky interviewer trying to get a rise out of Suarez with "Was it a penalty?".

Pathetic these bloody journos are. Is there even the most die-hard totts fan who'd say it wasn't an Assoue-Welcome-Home-Kotter rick?

I know i keep harping on about it, but if only we had a decent centre forward, sometimes its like playing with 10 men, stats : 1 shot, 15 passes, 1 mistake that led to the goal <deleted>.

Agreed.

I wish you would reread my posts of several months ago, Alfie, where you continued to lambast me over my opinion that your tight wad owner would cost you a Champions League place. Had he paid money in the transfer window, you would already be a few points better off, instead of sweating. I still believe, because your squad is relatively small, that there will be an implosion, and you will miss automatic qualification by 1 or 2 points.

10,000 posts = Typical Spurs fans, all talk and no action.

Discussing what could have been.

well we all know what could be 4 west ham this season, the fortunate part there arnt many people that give a shit

@ the mo your lot are about balanced, crap football 4 crap fans

Agreed.

I wish you would reread my posts of several months ago, Alfie, where you continued to lambast me over my opinion that your tight wad owner would cost you a Champions League place. Had he paid money in the transfer window, you would already be a few points better off, instead of sweating. I still believe, because your squad is relatively small, that there will be an implosion, and you will miss automatic qualification by 1 or 2 points.

Yeah. You Spurs fans did give my mate jack an hard time when he said that. You got all defensive and told him to get off your thread tongue.png

Agreed.

I wish you would reread my posts of several months ago, Alfie, where you continued to lambast me over my opinion that your tight wad owner would cost you a Champions League place. Had he paid money in the transfer window, you would already be a few points better off, instead of sweating. I still believe, because your squad is relatively small, that there will be an implosion, and you will miss automatic qualification by 1 or 2 points. our squad aint

it aint rockert science jac, we can all add up and it aint relatively small, it is small, were currently roughly 2 injuries away from the possible 'implosion' your talking about, good thing is vb got a great team spirit, which will help,

as 4 the centre 4 ward vb saying were gonna run with 2 strikers, i said from when he said it aint the best of decisions. I thought we should have bought sturridge when he wernt getting games at chelsea, and @ the time defoe would have fetched good money, would have cost us relatively little,4 me it was a win win, no one thought much of the idea on here, and I tell you what that remy qpr bought @ 8 mil looks money well spent, .is it 4 in 5 starts?

oh and just a note people are getting on walkers back for the crap ball, it was, but hugo was culpable as much if not more than walker hugo tbh i'm not 100 % convinced needed to come out, verity weren't that far away and i'm pretty sure he would have got over and sorted/ covered, anyway hugo came, and it wasnt exactly a dificult decision 2 make or ball to deal with, just GET RID clear the lines, he TOTALLY <deleted> it up, a better ball downing couldn't have asked 4!!!! and if you want to be really hard, going on the goalies own sort of 'unwritten rule' that they should never be beaten at the near post, hugo showed suarez a glimpse and the rests, well history, Bad day at the office for our hugo me thinks.

Edited by rijit

Agreed.

I don't recall lambasting you at your opinion of above, if anything i have advocated that Levy should have spent some money on Moutinho and a forward :

alfieconn

Posted

2012-08-12 11:32:26

Surely Levy must realize that we are so desperate for a striker that for once

he must forget about being a tight wad and just pay the money that clubs are

asking

Something else i came across which i found funny about Lloris :

JacknDanny

Posted

2012-08-31 16:01:35

Yes apparantly the deal was agreed, until Levy tried the old soft shoe shuffle,

and tried to stiff Lyon for 2 million!! Will he never learn??

Robert Green might be looking for a job? Or what about Sorensen from Stoke?

• Like 1

I noticed the Sky interviewer trying to get a rise out of Suarez with "Was it a penalty?".

that would be geoff shreeves. an <deleted> of monumental proportions.

And This aint a dig at just Suarez but 'Was it a penalty?' Cant see whats wrong with asking that tbh, lets get it into perspective, if caught 'diving' or what ever, what do they get? a yellow, absolutely no biggie!!! and if they get away with it and a pens or what evers awarded they're a hero and pats all around in the dressing room,all in all more or less next day all forgotten. nah, h if players were asked a bit more publicly, and visibly made accountable they might, they just might think twice about the next time they think bout, i hesitate 2 call it cheating, but, you get my drift.

that would be geoff shreeves. an <deleted> of monumental proportions.

And This aint a dig at just Suarez but 'Was it a penalty?' Cant see whats wrong with asking that tbh, lets get it into perspective, if caught 'diving' or what ever, what do they get? a yellow, absolutely no biggie!!! and if they get away with it and a pens or what evers awarded they're a hero and pats all around in the dressing room,all in all more or less next day all forgotten. nah, h if players were asked a bit more publicly, and visibly made accountable they might, they just might think twice about the next time they think bout, i hesitate 2 call it cheating, but, you get my drift.

I'd ask the question if it was in any way a controversial decision. But it wasn't.

• Like 1

You feeling well rij?

Not like you to sit on the fence! laugh.png

yeah bad yoga lesson rolleyes.gif always piss's me of if the teachers carp, but serio smokes the current booking scenario aint exactly stopping it or making any sort of inroads 2 stopping it , and the players dont give a f--c if its discussed to the hilts on tv chat boards ect ect, cos it dont effect them , but if they were asked to justify it or what ever, live on tv in front of a few million people,,,, it might well have a positive effect , i dunno, what do you reckon,aint seen any better ideas?

You feeling well rij?

Not like you to sit on the fence! laugh.png

yeah bad yoga lesson rolleyes.gif always piss's me of if the teachers carp, but serio smokes the current booking scenario aint exactly stopping it or making any sort of inroads 2 stopping it , and the players dont give a f--c if its discussed to the hilts on tv chat boards ect ect, cos it dont effect them , but if they were asked to justify it or what ever, live on tv in front of a few million people,,,, it might well have a positive effect , i dunno, what do you reckon,aint seen any better ideas?

I'd go with the tennis thing...three each half each team....and let the video ref decide. Red cards....? Nah....sin bin type stuff maybe....its all a radical move though.

I'm not for slowing down the game that much....so difficult to see where it goes....but red cards ruin games mostly.