Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Just had a quick scout around and can't find anything on Bale. Is he fit and playing today lads?

It seems very unlikely Bale will start. Might not even be on the bench.

Nothing confirmed yet about Lennon either!! He wasn't training with the team the other day.

Great news Sorry to hear that.

No Silva or Aguero mate?

What a terrible shame that is. biggrin.png

That's why I was asking. If we are down on choices I was hoping you were. However, Dzecko (should he play him) has a pretty good track record playing against you.

Just had a quick scout around and can't find anything on Bale. Is he fit and playing today lads?

It seems very unlikely Bale will start. Might not even be on the bench.

Nothing confirmed yet about Lennon either!! He wasn't training with the team the other day.

I believe Bale will start and Lennon will be on the bench.

Hopefully I am wrong and you are right.smile.png

Its going to be a tough match for us even if Bale and Lennon play.

Not enough options in our team and its far from ideal to expect players coming back from injury to play 90 mins.

As predicted by Alfredo and carms fifth place is increasingly likely.

Nevertheless my optimism remains.

COYS.

:)

I can't see us getting anything out of this. Nether Bale or Lennon are fully fit anyway so neither will have the usual impact.

I'd happily take a point now and if we do get a draw i'll be elated.

I'm strangely relaxed about this one!!biggrin.png I also read this morning that apparently Terry Venerbles has said if we don't finish in the top four don't blame the manager, blame Levy. He's right

I can't see us getting anything out of this. Nether Bale or Lennon are fully fit anyway so neither will have the usual impact.

I'm strangely relaxed about this one!!biggrin.png I also read this morning that apparently Terry Venerbles has said if we don't finish in the top four don't blame the manager, blame Levy. He's right

Me and Tel are on the same page!!laugh.png

I did say at the beginning of the season that I believed you would miss 4th place by 1-3 points. AVB has done a good job let down by Levy or the other geezer, Joe Louis or whatever his name is.

Hopefully its a good game today, without the dodgy decisionsclap2.gif

Me and Tel are on the same page!!laugh.png

I did say at the beginning of the season that I believed you would miss 4th place by 1-3 points. AVB has done a good job let down by Levy or the other geezer, Joe Louis or whatever his name is.

Hopefully its a good game today, without the dodgy decisionsclap2.gif

The two heinous mistakes if thats what you would call them were not getting Moutinho in the summer and not buying a striker in january. Thats whats done us. I personally doubt that we did mess up those transfers because i don't think Levy had any intention of buying either of them. Unlike past debates with you on the subject, this time we did have the funds available. Levy simply chose not to spend the money imho.

Not sure about the dodgy decisions. I think we need one to go our way to get anything.

We are a weakened team and City are playing very well currently. I really don't like that mix. Could be a tough afternoon.

Incidently Jack and MrB, i think its a travesty that your young center back has not been nominated for young player of the year. He's been fantastic this season

Edited by carmine

It'll be tough for both teams and should make a good game. Looking doubtful for Silva and Aguero which is a shame (for us at least)).

And yes, Nastasic should have got a nomination for young player of the year. Don't know what muppets get to choose.

"Thats whats done us"

....Err... you aint done yet.

We have no recognised front man striker for 3 of the last 4 courtesy of Giroud's red card. Podolski's about the nearest but even he plays behind the front man for Germany as well as Arsenal and before that Koln. [if you say what about Gervinho and Walcott I shall just snortsmile.png]. We'll have to rely on tactics that are unproven at best (Theo or Pod as central striker) and proven as not successful at worst (Gervinho). Against Man U I would expect to see a front three with Podolski up front central and Ox /Theo to the left and right (but I seem never to call Arsene's teams correctly).

Edited by SantiSuk

"Manchester City have entered the race for Gareth Bale but Tottenham want a world-record fee of £100m for the Wales international. Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Paris St-Germain are also chasing Bale".

However, The Mirror says they will sell him for 65 million. Either way if the Spurs don't make the top four, I'm sure he will go.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4896476/Tottenham-demand-world-record-fee-for-Gareth-Bale.html

Liars. B

Bale starts !!

As would have silva if he hadn't injured himself in training yesterday

which was about when vb said that bale would be available for selection.

I wasn't talking about AVB being a liar. I was saying it to smokes and Carms who built my hopes up. smile.png

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss its pucking beautiful, the natural goal scorer returns and the welsh bloke, puk me how beautiful is this.

spurs showing so much heart and belief

onya avb i love you, you cant marry my wife, but i for sure would buy you a beer

coyssssssssssssssss

• Like 1

Liars. B

Bale starts !!

As would have silva if he hadn't injured himself in training yesterday

which was about when vb said that bale would be available for selection.

I wasn't talking about AVB being a liar. I was saying it to smokes and Carms who built my hopes up. smile.png

You mug. biggrin.png

well i have had some nice merlot, work a bastard shift overnight, so todays analogy is a little bit ordinary.

city looked like a beautiful isarn bargirl, you know she is flash and what shes got, preemed for her night out, spurs we looked like a cute uni girl full of promise, but how to approach her, well tonight she was the best it could get

Well i didn't see this one. Very happy to eat my words. Great goal by Defoe to open his account for this year.

Spot on substitions by AVB. Great character shown by everyone.

Fans were amazing too mate. As you would expect. smile.png

• Like 1

Thanks lads great win, and i hope we can repay the favour and beat Arsenal and help you get third.

Like this post. If you do we will have a pint at that Saladaeng place on me! clap2.gif

Edit: I'll take pleasure in reminding you of the four points we nicked off ya.....biggrin.png

Edited by smokie36