Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Give us a chance lads, i've only just got up after staying up for the last few nights

watching the footie here in Thailand time.

Well i have to say i feel content that we showed a lot of character

coming back from losing positions twice against a very strong chelsea side.

Disappointed though with conceding to YET ANOTHER corner!

I think that's 6 goals we've let in the last 9 games from corners, not good enough.

Many positives and negatives from the overall performance.

Adebayor was immense and showed what he can do when he's up for it.

Siggurdson also swung the game when he came on, which he's done a few times this season.

My negatives though are poor performances from a few of the senior players.

BAE was dreadful pretty much throughout the game.

Huddlestone's distribution was inconsistant and his lack of mobility showed with there 2nd goal.

Parker just hasn't found the form he had before.

Holtby, not for the lack of trying just wasn't effective in his play.

I think a few of those above won't be playing much if at all next season.

Overall though, happy we got something out of the game and are still in with a shout.

Keeping the pressure on the goons! biggrin.png

• Like 1

Give us a chance lads, i've only just got up after staying up for the last few nights

watching the footie here in Thailand time.

Well i have to say i feel content that we showed a lot of character

coming back from losing positions twice against a very strong chelsea side.

Disappointed though with conceding to YET ANOTHER corner!

I think that's 6 goals we've let in the last 9 games from corners, not good enough.

Many positives and negatives from the overall performance.

Adebayor was immense and showed what he can do when he's up for it.

Siggurdson also swung the game when he came on, which he's done a few times this season.

My negatives though are poor performances from a few of the senior players.

BAE was dreadful pretty much throughout the game.

Huddlestone's distribution was inconsistant and his lack of mobility showed with there 2nd goal.

Parker just hasn't found the form he had before.

Holtby, not for the lack of trying just wasn't effective in his play.

I think a few of those above won't be playing much if at all next season.

Overall though, happy we got something out of the game and are still in with a shout.

Keeping the pressure on the goons! biggrin.png

Apart from not doing his job for their first Adebayor was tremendous throughout. Makes you woner why he left it so late in the season to start playing?

Parker has lost it, Huddlestone a bit off an off day and Dawson was all over the place but not to worry because Kaboul is back next season. BAE was rubbish, i counted him giving the ball away seven times. Again, we have Rose back next season.

Overall i was pleased with the commitment we put in. We have missed Sandro's dominance at defensive midfield massively this season and you don't help yourselves having to play an unfit Lennon when you have Townsend stupidly loaned to QPR. I would have liked to have seen Carroll come on earlier to give him more of a chance to make an impression.

Its already looking a good decision to keep Sigurdsson. He's the player thats come off the bench two or three times now recently to make a really positive change in the game.

I'm resigned to fifth as i can't see Arsenal slipping up now. All round good performance by our manager and squad this season with our chairman being to only major under performer to let us down.

• Like 1

We certainly need Kaboul back sharpish.

Thought it was a poor refereeing decision for the free kick which led to the first goal.

No excuse for the defending at the corner though.

Adebayor superb....I hope he continues in that vein for the rest of the season.

BAE as equally bad and he should be out of the door in the summer.

A fair result overall....we might have nicked it but its up to us now to win our remaining games and see what happens.

Top four is won over a season and it aint finished yet!

It's dreadfully quiet in here today.

We always come on to discuss after a result hasn't gone our way but you my friend are as rare as rocking horse shit when the goons slip up. wai.gif

Do what?

I have no trouble criticising The Arse when they've thrown away points.

Admittedly, I don't get as many opportunities as you, which is why you seem to spend half your time in every other teams threads.

thumbsup.gif

Thought it was a poor refereeing decision for the free kick which led to the first goal.

A fair result overall....we might have nicked it but its up to us now to win our remaining games and see what happens.

Seems you conveniently overlooked Adebayor being offside for your second equaliser.

No surprise really. It's only ever offside when someone else is doing it, eh?

biggrin.png

I can't see all three of us getting 6 points from the last 2 games. I just hope Chelsea get 3.

I don't care what the rest get, six is the target. The tiny totts should have no trouble beating Stoke and Sunderland if Bale scores his obligatory late goals before moving to PSG.

Seems you conveniently overlooked Adebayor being offside for your second equaliser.

No surprise really. It's only ever offside when someone else is doing it, eh?

biggrin.png

All I need say is Arsene Wenger.

The only opinion that matters is the referee's......as we know to our cost many times over.

Still waiting for our first penalty this season!

I can't see all three of us getting 6 points from the last 2 games. I just hope Chelsea get 3.

I don't care what the rest get, six is the target. The tiny totts should have no trouble beating Stoke and Sunderland if Bale scores his obligatory late goals before moving to PSG.

I said already the places will be won over the season and not just one game.

Enjoy your trip to St James Park. biggrin.png

It's dreadfully quiet in here today.

We always come on to discuss after a result hasn't gone our way but you my friend are as rare as rocking horse shit when the goons slip up. wai.gif

Do what?

I have no trouble criticising The Arse when they've thrown away points.

Admittedly, I don't get as many opportunities as you, which is why you seem to spend half your time in every other teams threads.

thumbsup.gif

How much did you lose on that bet? biggrin.png

Stoke away next, always a tough physical game.

The weak link is obviously BAE at the moment and he should get

dropped to the bench for this game.

Replaced by Vertonghen at LB with Caulker & Dawson pairing up as CB's.

We also need to practice how to defend corners and set pieces from now until then

cos that's what Stoke is all about.

AVB also needs to consider why we don't put a man on the far post when defending corners.

• Like 1

I said already the places will be won over the season and not just one game.

Enjoy your trip to St James Park. biggrin.png

And I said already that it will go to the last day, although I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

thumbsup.gif

Added: Of course we are forgetting the fact that if results do not go their way, Wigan will be relegated on Sunday and then everyone can relax (except Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham of course!).

Added: No scratch that they can't, and unless something drastic happens goal difference is not an issue.

Sunderland Southampton will be a bit spicy!

Edited by Chicog

Nothing much 2 say that hasn't been said already, but what is it with our defense and x's?. And why are both c/ds caught flat footed so many times/ it's like their thinking about it and then, the situations happened and they are to late ,, gone, it's happening with both 2 many times, come on vb sort!!!!

Any way in normal situ', a battling draw at the chavs id e be happy with, but,,, !!!!! down 2 others 2 slip up now,,,, and tbh looking at the fixtures, were more likely to sli[p up given our difficulty with x's, at stioke. Still thats life, or thats spurs!!!!

We also need to practice how to defend corners and set pieces from now until then

AVB also needs to consider why we don't put a man on the far post when defending corners.

Your last sentence is so true. Simple basic defending.....let's get that right at least against Stoke.

Wigan can't get relegated on Sunday because Sunderland and Southampton

play each other meaning one of them will drop points and if they draw they'll

still be in it.

Wigan can't be relegated on Sunday as they don't play us until Tuesday evening (keep up Chicog old mantongue.png) so they still have a potential 6 points on Sunday night and could still climb 4 places by season close.

The important stat is that Wigan can be relegated on Tuesday if they get beaten by Arsenal and if the Saturday games have already resulted in at least a point for Sunderland (at home to Southampton), Newcastle (at QPR) and Norwich (at home to WBA). Southampton and those above are safe, even without points from the weekend games) if Wigan lose at the Emirates. Individually you would expect all of those games to end in that manner so that Wigan will indeed be relegated on Tuesday. BUT, the chances of all four matches cumulatively going to form is less than 50% I would say.

Of course they could always hope for penalty points being awarded against another club before next season starts if smoe financial or on-field infraction is discovered/arises!

Both top and bottom end battles are still lined up for denouement on May 19th I reckon.

Edited by SantiSuk

Your last sentence is so true. Simple basic defending.....let's get that right at least against Stoke.

The arguement against it is that, so ive been told, is statisically , not done any research on it though, your better of with a player out marking !! rather than on the post. not to sure that works for us though !!!

The arguement against it is that, so ive been told, is statisically , not done any research on it though, your better of with a player out marking !! rather than on the post. not to sure that works for us though !!!

Like I said rij.....take it back to the basics if the modern stuff aint working.

The biggest problem with our defense is the longterm injuries to Kaboul and Sandro as our defensive midfield. Dawson is a high line nightmare and Parker is a shadow of last season performer. We can deal with the issues with Walker(prioritize defending and stop getting pulled out of position) and BAE(stick to a short pass game), but Kaboul and Sandro are big players for us and leaders on the pitch. So is Dawson but he's nowhere near as quick on his toes as Kaboul.

Andre still thinks a contract is worth something! Bless!biggrin.png

Rather too much talk about if the goons can beat Wigan and not enough talk about whether we will beat Stoke for my liking.

The only saving grace is that Lawro and chicoq both have us down for a 1-1 so that gives me hopeclap2.gif

Edited by carmine

Andre still thinks a contract is worth something! Bless!biggrin.png

Rather too much talk about if the goons can beat Wigan and not enough talk about whether we will beat Stoke for my liking.

The only saving grace is that Lawro and chicoq both have us down for a 1-1 so that gives me hopeclap2.gif

Lawro looked a tad uncomfortable as he predicted yesterday that we would finish fifth. I smiled.

Tough game today and I hope Adebayor has as good a game as he did last time out.

I hope Caulker plays today alongside Dawson with Vertonghen at LB.

Keep the corners and free kick count down to a minimum, and we have a good

chance.

Otherwise we could make it very difficult for ourselves.

COYS.