Tottenham Thread

chonabot

wink.png

Good news?

I think you would be the only Man Utd fan looking at Spurs and thinking that a new striker on the way, and the possibility with getting away with selling Bale for 86m+ Di Maria and Coentrao wasn't good news.smile.png

But lets throw it back to you. Why do you think that any of that is anything other than very good news. The potential world record deal, two proven internationals that would slot straight into our side and a striker with a successful record for four years on the trot in La Liga. Yes Mr Ed were so obviously gutted!

We could ofcourse be a shadow of the side of last season , no big signings seemingly on the way in with a great manager retired and replaced by a bloke with the personality of a flip flop.

Have to agree with that, makes for a strong team - let's see what happens to the 86 Million, when DL has acquired 5 top players and got his money back?

Right alfies done an about turn rolleyes.gif if we sold Bale for 85m ( we won't but just say we do thumbsup.gif ) as a team we won't be any stronger in my opinion, so away you go.......................

I did say strong....not stronger. biggrin.png

Real Madrid obviously don't want these players and I can't recall other top clubs being after them, or bidding for them during the transfer window (open to correction if I'm wrong).

Edited by uptheos

MrRed, you are a one man team, it's just not Rooney anymore. ;-)

Previously the difference was for Spurs and Arsenal a top 4 finish was seen as a success. For Chelsea, United and now City, this is a failure unless they win the prem. Has this changed? I'll leave you are Carmine to debate that.

don't think it's fair to say that man united are a one-man team. they aren't any more. mister ferguson has retired.

• Like 2

More Tosh.....absolute <deleted> tosh...... Now for, probably not the last time, hiss off back to the rumours thread all of yoose! .... Still no press release from ANYONE..... Only Marca inspired <deleted>. Do I need to draw a picture for you to get it?

You sound more and more like the <deleted> who runs North Korea Ian.

Marca? Ok. everybody agreed. they quote the Sun.

Really ... That bad? No of course not I am sane!...... Hmmmmm bad day today, river about to burst its banks.....

But all ofthe above really is a load of old Tosh!

You sound more and more like the <deleted> who runs North Korea Ian.

Marca? Ok. everybody agreed. they quote the Sun.

Really ... That bad? No of course not I am sane!...... Hmmmmm bad day today, river about to burst its banks.....

But all ofthe above really is a load of old Tosh!

Cry me a river biggrin.png

• Like 1

Said I'd not be back, but this, like tittnam, is getting farcical.

Van Persie 25 mill and won the league for Utd. last year.

Bids being offered for Fabregas at around 30 mill. World class players.

80mill for a one season player? you are joking.

Those in the shirt of the color of surrender should sell Bale and then they can and buy a team.

• Like 1

Bids being offered for Fabregas at  around 30 mill. World class players.

Those in the shirt of the color of surrender should sell  Bale and then they can and buy a team.

Off topic. Ban him jinglejangles! :P

Anybody told Real Madrid what Soi Sauce says?

They paid 80 for Ronaldo.

Ronaldo's probably getting the hump.

Keep up SP....MrRed says he's off to Man Yoo!

biggrin.png

At least I am keeping my eye on the ball and will whack it off yer heads later....oh yeah....me and Alfredo are gonna have fun in September all right! laugh.png

Bids being offered for Fabregas at around 30 mill. World class players.

Those in the shirt of the color of surrender should sell Bale and then they can and buy a team.

Ferguson won the league for Man Utd. van Persie started off great but faded.

Van Persie was 29 when United bought him, Bale is 24. Van Persie already peaked as a player, Bale has years ahead of him.

80m. Why not? Like anything else in this world, its worth what somone will pay. If they reckon he's worth it then they will pay, if they don't well they won't will they.

A really goo piece on the qualities of Soldado as opposed to transfer speculation. Best I have read on him.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/8848162/is-soldado-the-man?

Still havent signed him yet I see!whistling.gif

Mystic, for your info, the transfer window ends in 1 month 2 days and 19 hours, why do you want everything done so quickly ? i wouldn't want to be your old woman, you want to make sure she ain't looking for a younger man laugh.png

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 2

I wonder how much Zaha wil be worth as he is only 20 biggrin.png

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. He hasn't played eve a premier league game yet, let alone a champions league game!

He currently rates at "decent prospect for the future" Lets see shall we

I wonder how much Zaha wil be worth as he is only 20 Posted Image

Yep will probaly be a worldbeater like the rest of your signings Posted Image

In the eyes of an Oldham fan maybe. Posted Image

He's so incredibly well known I had to google him. So he scored in a friendly hallelujah, send in the clowns

It seems Baldini's team might be having a look at Vlad Chiriches of Steaua Bucharest and Tiago Ilori of Sporting Lisbon (both defenders).

Any Tottenham views on Caulker possibly going to Cardiff? Evidently they have offered 8m, but I hear Levy values him at 12m. He is far from the finished article and if Jan is fit he is unlikely to get many games outside of the Europa. Still waiting to see if Sandro is fully fit..... Hopefully he will play on Saturday.

Perhaps Chiriches or Ilori are seen as cover. I don't know much about either of them other than Chiriches scoring at Chelsea. Seems a number of clubs have been after him. He doesn't look like a contender for the bench?

It seems Baldini's team might be having a look at Vlad Chiriches of Steaua Bucharest and Tiago Ilori of Sporting Lisbon (both defenders).

Any Tottenham views on Caulker possibly going to Cardiff? Evidently they have offered 8m, but I hear Levy values him at 12m. He is far from the finished article and if Jan is fit he is unlikely to get many games outside of the Europa. Still waiting to see if Sandro is fully fit..... Hopefully he will play on Saturday.

Perhaps Chiriches or Ilori are seen as cover. I don't know much about either of them other than Chiriches scoring at Chelsea. Seems a number of clubs have been after him. He doesn't look like a contender for the bench?

I would imagine they are looking at them due to Vertonhen being injured and Kaboul perhaps not being fully fit, if we then have our full compliment back fit then releasing either Dawson or caulker either in Jan or next season.

And a certain star dreams of playing alongside him in that league? biggrin.png

I wonder how much Zaha wil be worth as he is only 20 biggrin.png

Yep will probaly be a worldbeater like the rest of your signings laugh.png

In the eyes of an Oldham fan maybe. biggrin.png

He's so incredibly well known I had to google him. So he scored in a friendly hallelujah, send in the clowns

You will know him soon enough.

You will know him soon enough.

Yep, him causing havoc on the wings and and Beverley Cleverley causing havoc in the midfield biggrin.png

• Like 2