Tottenham Thread

chonabot

On the soi again are we saucebiggrin.png

Tbh, when caulker came bac from Swansea,after a really highly regarded season we had high expectations,bust into the england squad ectect, but unfortunately he didn't quite live up to them, Came up against verity at lhs cb, which was unfortunate, tbh I thought caulker given a run would have made a better c/d than verity, people on here disagree with me, but i;m of the same opinion as wenger, verity's strength is bringing the ball out from midfield or defence . he was outstanding coming forward at l/b and c/b and set up some great moments and rightly won acclaim for them, but basic defending dont get me wrong he aint terrible but it AINT his strongest point, Anyway, caulker had a tough time, in and out of the team and tbh, with vb's constant defensive rotation it didnt seem to do him any favours , and his form suffered,BADLY so bottom line, 9? mil for a defender that ,unfortunatly, at the time didnt quite cut it aint bad, onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

Vlad Chiriches, young romanian center back possibly to replace Caulker. I don't know anything about him.

Real shame about Caulker. I think he need more time and as Rij said had to fight for a place against Vertonghen. Can't help thinking we are going to really regret this.

Vlad Chiriches, young romanian center back possibly to replace Caulker. I don't know anything about him.

Real shame about Caulker. I think he need more time and as Rij said had to fight for a place against Vertonghen. Can't help thinking we are going to really regret this.

yeah, At 9 mil we cant be complaining 2 much though carms , but i make you right ,we could well regret it,as 4 me he's certainly got it in him 2 be a top draw defender, plus it always feels a touch more 'painful' when your letting one go that comes up through the ranks wink.png

sad.png

yeah, At 9 mil we cant be complaining 2 much though carms , but i make you right ,we could well regret it,as 4 me he's certainly got it in him 2 be a top draw defender, plus it always feels a touch more 'painful' when your letting one go that comes up through the ranks wink.png

Obviously AVB didn't fancy him and he sees him everyday in training, i think we just have to bow to his superior knowledge and hope he knows what he's talking about whistling.gif .

I must admit a few times this season he has looked very cumbersome, one of the goals we conceded against Leeds for instance sad.png

Edited by alfieconn

More Tosh.....absolute <deleted> tosh...... Now for, probably not the last time, hiss off back to the rumours thread all of yoose! .... Still no press release from ANYONE..... Only Marca inspired <deleted>. Do I need to draw a picture for you to get it?

Errrrrmmm........

Oops!!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8849317/transfer-news-gareth-bale-confirms-desire-to-leave-tottenham-for-real-madrid

More Tosh.....absolute <deleted> tosh...... Now for, probably not the last time, hiss off back to the rumours thread all of yoose! .... Still no press release from ANYONE..... Only Marca inspired <deleted>. Do I need to draw a picture for you to get it?

Errrrrmmm........

Oops!!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8849317/transfer-news-gareth-bale-confirms-desire-to-leave-tottenham-for-real-madrid

Hardly Jack. Its just the same old "sources says" and "understands that" which of course meand absolutely.

nothing.

However, with the huge efforts being made by the english media(who for some reason seem hellbent on getting rid of the leagues best players), Marca and the playing staff of Real Madrid, i'm sure he's been tapped up, head turned enough to be a 24 year old thats very confused about things and will feel the need to talk to Madrid.

But ofcourse we can be sure that FIFA will punish Madrid accordingly for their illegal tapping up of one of our players. The only way it could have been done worse is if they kidnapped him!biggrin.png

Errrrrmmm........

Oops!!

Hardly Jack. Its just the same old "sources says" and "understands that" which of course meand absolutely.

nothing.

However, with the huge efforts being made by the english media(who for some reason seem hellbent on getting rid of the leagues best players), Marca and the playing staff of Real Madrid, i'm sure he's been tapped up, head turned enough to be a 24 year old thats very confused about things and will feel the need to talk to Madrid.

But ofcourse we can be sure that FIFA will punish Madrid accordingly for their illegal tapping up of one of our players. The only way it could have been done worse is if they kidnapped him!biggrin.png

Wouldn't be the first time that a club have kidnapped someone carms wink.png

Man United Boss Ferguson: I Didn't Kidnap Berbatov On The Way To Eastlands

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Errrrrmmm........

Oops!!

nothing.

Wouldn't be the first time that a club have kidnapped someone carms wink.png

Man United Boss Ferguson: I Didn't Kidnap Berbatov On The Way To Eastlands

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Errrrrmmm........

Oops!!

nothing.

Tongue in cheek, mate!

I was quoting a source that Iancnx seems to quote a lotlaugh.png. And Iancnx seemed to be the most vociferous on here about Bale not goingwhistling.gif

Having said that, as I said b4, he is as good as gone. I think with the figures being spouted about, even if you 'only' get 85mill, its great business for Spurs.

I know inside you will be gutted, and I am not coming on here taking the p!ss (well maybe out of Alfie and Rijiitlaugh.png ), but onwards and upwards. I think as a result you will have a better team, but it will put you back 12 months.

Errrrrmmm........

Oops!!

nothing.

Tongue in cheek, mate!

I was quoting a source that Iancnx seems to quote a lotlaugh.png. And Iancnx seemed to be the most vociferous on here about Bale not goingwhistling.gif

Having said that, as I said b4, he is as good as gone. I think with the figures being spouted about, even if you 'only' get 85mill, its great business for Spurs.

I know inside you will be gutted, and I am not coming on here taking the p!ss (well maybe out of Alfie and Rijiitlaugh.png ), but onwards and upwards. I think as a result you will have a better team, but it will put you back 12 months.

Where are you taking the piss out of me Mystic ? anyway keep trying, whats the crystal ball saying today by the way ? biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

Errrrrmmm........

Oops!!

nothing.

Tongue in cheek, mate!

Yes thats the irritating part, the set back time wise. can't be avoided unfortunately. Its never easy losing your best player but i have to say, if it happens then the benefits surrounding the whole thing could make it very bearable.

I'm still a little stunned by this Madrid crusade to get him. The money they propose to pay us is simply daft In my view he's not nearly the player Ronaldo was when he left manchester for Madrid. I think it would be madness not to do the deal if were talking 85m+ players. Lets face it they'll be very decent players too.

• Like 1

Exactly my thoughts Carmine. RM's previous Pres, Calderon, was quoted as saying Perez is concerned Ronaldo will want away, now, or the next window. Bale as the replacement. Madrid can't be without a mega monied Galactico. The other idea is that Ronaldo would play as a 9. I can't see that though. Ronaldo wouldn't be happy with the loss of freedom on the pitch.

Strange stuff.

I disagree Carmine.

IF Bale goes and Levy reinvests some as to be expected, Spurs will be a stronger team in the long run. Bale is undoubtably a fantastic player, but he is just one player. With Soldado coming in and a couple of other good players with the Bale money, you will be able to fight for a CL place and then put in a good performance the season after.

The argument that its hard to attract good players without CL football has the same value as a CL qualified team losing their best player IMO. If you qualify without Bale, Spurs have no question marks for future players regarding building for the future.

That is if Spurs are willing to let him go next season. It's different if you plan on keeping him.

I disagree Carmine.

IF Bale goes and Levy reinvests some as to be expected, Spurs will be a stronger team in the long run. Bale is undoubtably a fantastic player, but he is just one player. With Soldado coming in and a couple of other good players with the Bale money, you will be able to fight for a CL place and then put in a good performance the season after.

The argument that its hard to attract good players without CL football has the same value as a CL qualified team losing their best player IMO. If you qualify without Bale, Spurs have no question marks for future players regarding building for the future.

That is if Spurs are willing to let him go next season. It's different if you plan on keeping him.

You could be right. Still coming back to the same conclusion it seems that Madrid bless them are putting in a very nice win win.

I think they have a mental approach to things but it would be much duller game without them.

Bale. I am still waiting to see a statement from one of the three parties. Not what the media "understands", and not what Marca contrives. I don't doubt that there is a discussion either underway, or in near future, but that does not mean he will leave this season. More likely negotiations are underway for a substantial increase in his salary, and a release clause of x million to be triggered next July, and maybe RM to get first dibs. That's the way I see it.

In the mean time especially for mystic meg there is a photo of Bale being seen in Madrid recently.....

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/130731/pictured-bale-spotted-madrid-202758?

Bale. I am still waiting to see a statement from one of the three parties. Not what the media "understands", and not what Marca contrives. I don't doubt that there is a discussion either underway, or in near future, but that does not mean he will leave this season. More likely negotiations are underway for a substantial increase in his salary, and a release clause of x million to be triggered next July, and maybe RM to get first dibs. That's the way I see it.

In the mean time especially for mystic meg there is a photo of Bale being seen in Madrid recently.....

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/130731/pictured-bale-spotted-madrid-202758?

Denial is not a river in Egypt.tongue.png