Tottenham Thread

chonabot

AVB has the perfect opportunity to try a different game plan with Eriksen, Lamela and Chadli

against Hull in midweek.

He should rest Townsend, Paulinho, Soldado and put Lennon on the bench.

It will be interesting to see what starting eleven he goes with.

Would be interesting to see how they perform compared with the three who played at the weekend.

Who behind ? Dembele and Holtby as the box to box perhaps.

Adebayor given a chance up front.

I would play Chadli on the left, Lamela on the right.

Siggy in the hole with Defoe up front.

Eriksen with either Dembele/Sandro in midfield.

That will give the team at least 5 or 6 players that didn't start on Sunday.

p.s I would also rest Walker with Noughton.

Having had longer to think about this i can't help thinking AVB has made a real gaff in his criticism of the fans.

But he's not criticising the fans, he's criticising the whingers and who really cares what they think? One decent win and they'll all be "They're the best thing since sliced bread and I've never said a bad word about them" again.

Every club has them. You would have seen an awful lot of them if Stoke hadn't defended so badly late on on Saturday.

I don't understand where you are coming from are you suggesting that we as fans are not allowed to whinge if things are not going to plan?

I can direct you to posts on the Arsenal thread by you and your friends that are worse than "whinging"

Whinging is part of supporting your club........booing is not.

Having had longer to think about this i can't help thinking AVB has made a real gaff in his criticism of the fans.

But he's not criticising the fans, he's criticising the whingers and who really cares what they think? One decent win and they'll all be "They're the best thing since sliced bread and I've never said a bad word about them" again.

Every club has them. You would have seen an awful lot of them if Stoke hadn't defended so badly late on on Saturday.

I don't understand where you are coming from are you suggesting that we as fans are not allowed to whinge if things are not going to plan?

I can direct you to posts on the Arsenal thread by you and your friends that are worse than "whinging"

Please stop trying to deflect from your atrocious start to the season. I'm also starting to think you are rather obsessed with the Spurs thread

Drab atmosphere at The Lane lends rise to some comical ideas.

Why don't we arrange to have some 'chant leaders' at the lane? People who will happily get the crowd going, space them out around the stadium and give them free tickets. It would be well worth it and could really boost the atmosphere.

http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/forum/players-lounge/34289-avb-post-match-interview-5.html

Drab atmosphere at The Lane lends rise to some comical ideas.

Why don't we arrange to have some 'chant leaders' at the lane? People who will happily get the crowd going, space them out around the stadium and give them free tickets. It would be well worth it and could really boost the atmosphere.

http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/forum/players-lounge/34289-avb-post-match-interview-5.html

Yes theres always more atmosphere when we play West Ham and their supporters spend the entire match giving Nazi salutes and singing songs about the holocaust.

He's basically told the opposition our players are rather uncomfortable playing at home. Just seems to have added incentive to the opposition.

He's a young man and maybe should have pondered his response a little longer.

Looking for a big reaction from the players at Everton.

Lack of atmosphere or not the manager should be showing the fans a bit more respect, after all a lot of them were paying good money a long time before he was there and will be a long time after he has gone !

• Like 2

He's basically told the opposition our players are rather uncomfortable playing at home. Just seems to have added incentive to the opposition.

Lack of atmosphere or not the manager should be showing the fans a bit more respect, after all a lot of them were paying good money a long time before he was there and will be a long time after he has gone !

Mousa Dembele claims the White Hart Lane pitch is partly to blame for his team’s lack of goals at home this season.

“It’s not easy for us,” said the Belgium midfielder. “We know that some teams are going to come here and make a block, and we don’t have a big pitch so it’s even more difficult.

The Tottenham Supporters’ Trust have backed Andre Villas-Boas’s comments about the poor atmosphere at White Hart Lane and have pledged to work with the club to improve it.

Edited by uptheos

Mousa Dembele claims the White Hart Lane pitch is partly to blame for his team’s lack of goals at home this season.

“It’s not easy for us,” said the Belgium midfielder. “We know that some teams are going to come here and make a block, and we don’t have a big pitch so it’s even more difficult.

The Tottenham Supporters’ Trust have backed Andre Villas-Boas’s comments about the poor atmosphere at White Hart Lane and have pledged to work with the club to improve it.

So does that mean that TTST now get a say in picking the team and deciding tactics !

Edited by alfieconn

So does that mean that TTST now get a say in picking the team and deciding tactics !

biggrin.png Good idea?

Aside of Pikey Park we have the smallest pitch in the league (100by67m).

Mindyou, Dembele has waited over a year to complain about this.

Maybe because your reserves play at our ground (which has one of the biggest), they then suffer from claustrophobia when picked for the first team and panic, hence not many breaking through.

Oh give me a home.......guitar.gif

I don't understand where you are coming from

Clearly.

I think a manger is treading on thin ice when he starts implying it's the crowd's fault for a poor performance.He might well be playing a reverse physcolology game with the supporters thinking this will buck them up a bit but the reverse could happen !

Edited by alfieconn

Spurs boss AVB reveals £30m record buy Lamela is struggling to adapt to Premier League because he can't speak English

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2478358/Erik-Lamela-struggling-adapt-Premier-League-speak-English.html

If he ain't gonna play they might as well send him to Berlitz. Or, maybe put Adebayor to work as a tutor.biggrin.png

• Like 2

Spurs boss AVB reveals £30m record buy Lamela is struggling to adapt to Premier League because he can't speak English

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2478358/Erik-Lamela-struggling-adapt-Premier-League-speak-English.html

If he ain't gonna play they might as well send him to Berlitz. Or, maybe put Adebayor to work as a tutor.biggrin.png

Aside of the last three games last season Adebayor would have been far more use as a squad translator. Be it a highly overpaid one.

Lamela's biggest problem is not language, its not playing. Give the lad more playing time. Just for the record i also don't like the way Eriksen has been dropped off the back of one relatively poor league performance.

I personally am very much a supporter of Villas-Boas but i'm finding his team selections of late rather confusing. That said he put out a very sensible eleven away to Sherrif

Clearly.

There you go matey when quoting and replying to posts it helps to quote the whole post ...... I did it for you as "clearly" you struggle............You said Wenger should be sacked a long time ago("he didn't know what he was doing")....or did you not?

wink.png You see it is clearly difficult to understand your above posts when you are one of them whingers whistling.gif

You must think the Arse are now the best thing since sliced bread also!! biggrin.png

Edited by MrRed

If he ain't gonna play they might as well send him to Berlitz. Or, maybe put Adebayor to work as a tutor.Posted Image

Aside of the last three games last season Adebayor would have been far more use as a squad translator.  Be it a highly overpaid one.

Lamela's biggest problem is not language, its not playing.  Give the lad more playing time.  Just for the record i also don't like the way Eriksen has been dropped off the back of one relatively poor league performance.

I personally am very much a supporter of Villas-Boas but i'm finding his team selections of late rather confusing.  That said he put out a very sensible eleven away to Sherrif

Holtby is a competent midfielder but I don't understand his role if we have two wide players and sandro and Paulinho playing.

No real vision or goalscoring ability.

Get Lamela or Eriksen on....or preferably both of them.....move Townsend to the left if needs be!

• Like 1

Aside of the last three games last season Adebayor would have been far more use as a squad translator. Be it a highly overpaid one.

Lamela's biggest problem is not language, its not playing. Give the lad more playing time. Just for the record i also don't like the way Eriksen has been dropped off the back of one relatively poor league performance.

I personally am very much a supporter of Villas-Boas but i'm finding his team selections of late rather confusing. That said he put out a very sensible eleven away to Sherrif

Holtby is a competent midfielder but I don't understand his role if we have two wide players and sandro and Paulinho playing.

No real vision or goalscoring ability.

Get Lamela or Eriksen on....or preferably both of them.....move Townsend to the left if needs be!

Even Lamela on the left, a player with such skills can adapt fairly well. He needs to get on at some point if he's hoping to make the Argentinian WC squad.

It has to be said, Andy Cole struggled throughout his career with the same problem but he did alright

It has to be said, Andy Cole struggled throughout his career with the same problem but he did alright

laugh.png He sure did

You said Wenger should be sacked a long time ago("he didn't know what he was doing")....or did you not?

<deleted>? Best try and find a quote of me saying that before you start bandying around random accusations to support your witless post.

You said Wenger should be sacked a long time ago("he didn't know what he was doing")....or did you not?

<deleted>? Best try and find a quote of me saying that before you start bandying around random accusations to support your witless post.

Now now lads, this is the Spurs thread, we don't have bickering on here thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

From the Guardian's rumor mill:

Tottenham Hotspur outcast Emmanuel Adebayor is wanted by Turkish side Besiktas, who tried to sign him in August and will renew their interest ahead of the January transfer window. The striker has yet to feature for Spurs this season and Besiktas vice president Ahmet Nur Cebi says his club, who currently sit third in the Turkish Süper Lig, "will chase Adebayor again in January, but it is difficult to recruit such a player."

blink.png Why, because he's crazier than a hoot owl ? whistling.gif

From the Guardian's rumor mill:

Tottenham Hotspur outcast Emmanuel Adebayor is wanted by Turkish side Besiktas, who tried to sign him in August and will renew their interest ahead of the January transfer window. The striker has yet to feature for Spurs this season and Besiktas vice president Ahmet Nur Cebi says his club, who currently sit third in the Turkish Süper Lig, "will chase Adebayor again in January, but it is difficult to recruit such a player."

blink.png Why, because he's crazier than a hoot owl ? whistling.gif

The compensation will be the key factor. It's all going to depend on how much the totts are offering them.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 2